LA Area News and Finds #2

Reaction score
it hit a few toys r USes in LA and the valley during that weekend sale. One of my friends said target and kmart too, but I haven't seen any there and haven't been out.

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone out there seen The Phantom Menace wave 10 yet? Especially in or around the Azusa/Glendora/Covina area? At Frank and Son yet? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone out there seen The Phantom Menace wave 10 yet? Especially in or around the Azusa/Glendora/Covina area? At Frank and Son yet? Thanks!
Hey! Just went to the Glendora Wal Mart a few hours ago! Was surprised to find all PHANTOM MENANCE figures there! A good selection still when I went back again with a friend so he can buy his own Darth Maul . :)

Reaction score
Picked up Quinlan on vintage card and a lego planets TIE interceptor today at La Cienaga TRU

Reaction score
Hey! Just went to the Glendora Wal Mart a few hours ago! Was surprised to find all PHANTOM MENANCE figures there! A good selection still when I went back again with a friend so he can buy his own Darth Maul . :)
hey thanks for telling me i was able to find a darth maul there for some reason

Reaction score
Just so you know, Disneyland got in another shipment of the 3 3/4" scale Star Tours Starspeeders. That's the good news.

They jacked the price from $55 to $70. That's the bad news.

Starspeeder’s Price Makes Jump to Lightspeed – Now $70*|*Yakface.com

Oh, and it is available at the World of Disney store outside the park in Downtown Disney if you don't have passes to the Land of the Mouse, with 90 minutes validated parking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From my frequent runs:

Glendale Target; Has now 6 pegs but filled with TPM waves. I would advise tht it'll be a waste of time going there, unless you want Battle Droids and Nabbo Royal Gaurds.

Los Feliz TRU; 13 figures on the pegs, no new things in 2 weeks, before that nothing new in 3 weeks. But be careful as there is always people at opening time, so things will surely be gone. I've talked to employees, and nothing in the back and there has always been 10-13 figures, so good luck finding anything there, even if they have 12 free open pegs for VC!!

La Brea/Santa Monica Target; Nothing much here, A full case of TPM though. Be alert for a white, short, balding(From the back, the 'swirl' of your hair), brown haired, wears glasses, and a nasal-y voice Employee. Does not like it if you organize figures on the pegs. Not to mention stares at you afterwards, which I'm pretty sure there is a clause in which to sue him buy, but I digress.

If anyone can help me out, I'm looking for Darth Malgus. I'll pick up extras of Darth Malgus as well if I see him. If anyone else is looking for something else PM, just in case I run into it in the wild.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been to every Walmart, TRU, Target and K-Mart in a 15 mile radius from Bellflower and TPM everywhere except K-Mart. They seem to get a new wave every now and then.

Reaction score
Any news around the Anaheim area? I was in the Garden Grove Target and it was TPM, TPM, and TPM. (oh, did I mention TPM?).

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone found the KMART 2 packs? I've not found them at Kmart in Long Beach, Temple City, Covina, West Covina, Ontario and Anaheim
Maybe I was just too late.

Reaction score
Wow, haven't posted here in a while. Darth Maul Returns Pack is hitting shelves throughout Culver City Targets. Bought mine at La Cienaga last week for $18 before tax.

Reaction score
Found a set of KMart 2 packs at the Burbank KMart. However, turns out that someone had swapped the figures out, and it was the only set they had.

So angry...grrrr

Reaction score
Found a set of KMart 2 packs at the Burbank KMart. However, turns out that someone had swapped the figures out, and it was the only set they had.

So angry...grrrr
That sucks. Why do people pull that bs? Anyhow, my report- today picked up 2 Republic Attack Dropships at La Cienaga Target. I guess they're hitting shelves.