LA Area News and Finds #2

Reaction score
So, I dropped by and lo and behold, here's the Culver City report: Mando and ARC trooper packs are out. Picked up a Mando pack. If you're gonna grab this, buy it at TRU- on sale for $20. Also found UGH Bespin Luke and Boba. There were quite a few UGH figs all around. Cody, Clone Trooper, Boba, Luke, Han, Obi and Magna guards. Happy Hunting and someone let me know if they spot an extra swamp speeder.

Reaction score
If there's any Luke Jedi (VC23) sigtings post up.

Looking forward to this one, even though there's no cape.

Reaction score
Okay, back in full effect- picked up TCW young Boba and Shaak Ti at Crenshaw WM. Saw a Mando speeder there and at the La Cienega Tru, which now oddly has 2 SW displays. Weird. I'll be hunting for UGH VC ROTJ series soon if they exist. Saw a few swamp speeders everywhere. I'll wait until they go down in price

Reaction score
TRU did not do the price adjust for me. Couldn't find the ad. I returned the BP, too expensive and I'll wait til they make a better Colt.

If i can find the mando speeder on sale, i'll return the 1 i got for $18 at tru. Keep ur eyes peeled for the new CW AT-RT with Boil. Seen it at wally & target so far. Now I'm just lookin for Embo and possible Quinlan Vos. Have to see him first

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing this wave on L.A shelves? I haven't seen anything...

The Vintage Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
Estimated On Shelf 11/1/2010
VC20 - Yoda (Jedi Master)
VC21 - Gammorrean Guard
VC22 - Admiral Ackbar
VC23 - Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
VC24 - Wooof
VC25 - R2-D2 w/ Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray
VC26 - Endor Rebel Commando
VC27 - Wicket
VC28 - Wedge Antilles - Rebel Pilot

Reaction score
Nope, nothing in SFV either on the new wave.

Been checking Target, TRU and Walmart. I asked the same question in the Luke Jedi VC23 thread; ended up ordering him for $12 inc. shipping, not bad.

Reaction score
So, frustrated that I couldn't find any of the ROTJ vintage wave around town, I checked at Hasbro.com.

The Ackbar, Luke, R2, and Wooof are available for $7.99 each with free shipping if the order's over $50. Anyone interested in going in on a shipment? I'm inclined to order but I don't quite need 50 bucks worth.

I live near 18th St. TRU. I could order and distribute the goods from my place. PM me if you're in.

Reaction score
ratherchildish said:
Is anyone seeing this wave on L.A shelves? I haven't seen anything...

The Vintage Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
Estimated On Shelf 11/1/2010
VC20 - Yoda (Jedi Master)
VC21 - Gammorrean Guard
VC22 - Admiral Ackbar
VC23 - Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
VC24 - Wooof
VC25 - R2-D2 w/ Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray
VC26 - Endor Rebel Commando
VC27 - Wicket
VC28 - Wedge Antilles - Rebel Pilot
the first volley of these hit SFV wallys and targets about 2 wks. ago. Hopefully they restock for u guys. They should since stock has probably moved from the black fri/wknd sales. I was lucky to get the five figs i wanted for only $6 or $7 each. A friend picked up 3, and i bought the other 2 at walmart.

almost forgot - wedge has been pushed back til next year and Yoda has been delayed as well. Dunno when he'll come out

Reaction score
Saw Orto Plutonia packs everywhere today. A few camo Arfs at LaCie Tru. Tru's got 3.75" CW/VC, Joe and MU 2 for $10. WM had 1 Embo left. The fig actually looks pretty interesting. Might pick it up later.

Reaction score
Lots of Wooofs, rebels and 1 Ackbar at Jefferson Target. Saw a few Gladiator Hulks too. Someone let me know if you spot an MU Archangel. Still looking for Gamorrean Guard.

Reaction score
Haven't checked in for awhile, but here's the update, picked up Draa, Embo and Parasiti from La Cienaga TRU New Year's Eve. Looking out for the Undead Geonosian and Vos now. They had the Figures buy 2, get the 2nd free- but all TCW and Legends figs are now $8.49. Luckily had a $5 off coupon so it came out to $13 total. GF found a Gamorrean guard right before the holidays at La Cienaga Target...she does love me *tear* Happy hunting!

Reaction score
l.feliz TRU had those guys u need last week. Only 1 vos though. Dunno what's left, but u might find the zombie geonosian. prices r same there unfortunately

Reaction score
Haven't been out much. Did see the new Thor figs out last week. Meh. Off topic, please check out a blog a friend of mine and I are starting to post our comics. Let us know what you think! Hope you like it
Spicy Braun Comics

Reaction score
I saw about 12 VC Dengars and 9 VC 4-LOM's at La Cie Tru! (you know, I feel like the chances of seeing a newer wave VC figure around town are basically nil and the only option is to spend $20 on the internet. I think I'm pretty much done w/ modern SW.
More $ for vintage!)

Reaction score
crappy time for collecting right now. Bad figure prices, poor distribution and bad gas prices. Now's a good time to get out imo

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't been buying/hunting much. Curious to see what the Republic Attach Shuttle looks like in person.

Reaction score
(FINALLY) found TVC Waves 4,5, and 6 at Porter Ranch Walmart this afternoon and also 50% off TVC Battle Packs ($12) and TCW Deluxe Vehicles (TCW Y-Wings for $35) at Porter Ranch TRU.

Reaction score
friend went to PR wally at noon. He grabbed some of the last remaining wv4 & 6. Nothing really good left now. I'd love it if target & wally started stocking more. Ridiculous

Reaction score
I live in Norwalk... East LA county... and visit the Kmart, Targets, TRU and Walmarts and never find anything new... the other day noticed that they had a bunch of new codys, rex and anakin in space suit.. I must have missed the entire wave of new clone war figs.. I have a few questions..
Do these stores ever put the rare figures on the shelves?
What can I do in order to buy these figures before others get to them??
(keep in mind that i went to a target on back to back days and on the second day thats when i noticed the new figures)

Reaction score
the figures should be there, unless some idiot employee is cherrypicking them. Just be there at opening to claim the figures you deem 'rare'

Reaction score
Thanks biker scout... I think LA is a horrible place for Star Wars collectors.. I think im going to stick to rebel scum and frank and Sons in the future.

Reaction score
Biker's right- you got to be there early and do it religiously in order to find what you're looking for. As of late though, there hasn't been too much to get excited about. I was thinking about picking up those EE comics packs.

Reaction score
DarthJudo said:
Thanks biker scout... I think LA is a horrible place for Star Wars collectors.. I think im going to stick to rebel scum and frank and Sons in the future.
I know it's frustrating, but supporting Frank and Sons is in a way hurting your cause. My other suggestion would be that stock can vary by region/store. If you're getting shut out in East LA, head towards west or south.

Reaction score
I personally would not advocate repeat visits to nearby (or worse yet not-so-nearby) stores to find these items. Don't you think that after one trip the true cost of your time and gas becomes much greater than spending the additional $8 to just buy the figure from Brian's Toys (or whatever)?

Reaction score
Anyone out there?
Wondering if anyone has seen wave 7 at any Walmart in southern California? Got three of them at frank and Son for $14 each two or three months ago and don't want to pay that much for the other three Fordo, Bespin Han, and the jedi woman. Thanks.

Reaction score
starwars said:
Anyone out there?
Wondering if anyone has seen wave 7 at any Walmart in southern California? Got three of them at frank and Son for $14 each two or three months ago and don't want to pay that much for the other three Fordo, Bespin Han, and the jedi woman. Thanks.
Not walmart but at Tru and target.

I wish people posted more in this forum but I just check recent acqs for what's out there. Have you seen the new walmart DVD 2 packs?

Btw: cool username!

Reaction score
I saw the dvd figure sets at Target in Azusa yesterday they had all of them and the attack shuttle, but for the carded figures they set out wave 5 again, luke with stormtrooper belt , han, r5, etc.

Reaction score
So I was in Seal Beach at Target and here's what I saw:

SW: Republic Attack shuttle and DVD packs Episodes I-VI, Yavin Han, Death Star Luke.

Joe: Picked up the Sky Striker- yeah, baby!

MU: Gladiator was teonly figure I haven't seen before.

Happy Hunting! Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Haven't been shopping much.