LA Area News and Finds #2

Reaction score
Bought the CW AT-AT from TRU Porter Ranch on sale for 89.99. Targets and TRU all over the San Fernando Valley have shipments of the new Vintage line on the shelves.

Reaction score
That's a rip off. TRU is also charging 9.99 for the new vintage figures where everywhere else they're going for 6.45 or whatever the typical price is.

Reaction score
7.99 is the standard price. I didn't buy vintage from TRU, but it wasn't a ripoff when they had the buy-one-get-one 50% off sale. They were averaging out to 7.50 then

Reaction score
Found the Mando Speeder Bike at Crenshaw WM. Someone opened it. Didn't pick it up. I'll just wait until I find an untampered package. What's up with people? I keep seeing stolen figs/pieces, etc. That's messed up.

Reaction score
start hitting TRU hard - supposedly some dude found wave 2 vintage at a valley tru & ppl have found them elsewhere in the country too. Tru.

Reaction score
You know, it used to be that Hasbro stuff seem to come out way after the supposed release date. I swear stuff is now hitting shelves way before. At the Crenshaw WM on Friday, finally caved in and picked up TVC Boba, UGH TVC Vader, TVC Anakin,UGH TVC Commander Cody and TVC Grevious. I left a UGH TVC Magna Guard behind
Also, if anyone was searching for the MU Iron Patriot Variant with Osborn head- there were about 6 or 7 of them there. I had found one on at the La Cienaga TRU, but now that they're not that hard to find. I may just toss it back. Was at the Lompoc WM and picked up the Mando speeder finally- has some nice details to it. Thought about picking up Obi with the sidecar speeder- figured I only really want the bike. Happy Hunting.

Reaction score
why did u leave the magnaguard? esp. if you are collecting ugh (it seems like). I found most or all of wave 2 this week at TRU & i need to swap them out with target or wally priced figures once i find them. $10 is too much. The ugh's i'll keep though --unless i can find them easy & for $8

Reaction score
I'm only looking for UGH figs that I want- Vader, Fett, etc. Not actually looking to pick up all UGH.

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of UGH this morning at Crenshaw WM. Nothing that piqued my interest. That and some older gentleman walked in and ransacked them. I did pick up Colossus there for you MU collectors- so that wave is out- 2 of each- Mystique, Colussus (well, 1 now) Multiple Man, Captain Britain(I thought about it...). Also, new clone wars figs were there. Saw the Flame thrower clone, Ki Adi, the new pilot, etc...meh. That's all for now.

Reaction score
that *&^$^&%#^. I went this morning --only 1 vader ugh. I hate dbs that wipe out everything. U shoulda grabbed the ones u needed & stashed the rest. (just to keep out of scalper hands mainly) CW wave 3 was still there this am

Reaction score
Ya should have told me! If anyone has something they want me to keep an eye out for, let me know and I'll stash it for you if I come across it and I can.

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer! I'm not in the market for anything right now but good to know. I'll be happy to help spot too as needed. My locals are TRU 18th and Target LaCie.

Reaction score
famished said:
Ya should have told me! If anyone has something they want me to keep an eye out for, let me know and I'll stash it for you if I come across it and I can.
cw camo arfs and ugh you don't need. Thx.

Reaction score
Looks like I was too late! Went by Cripshaw WM at lunch and the pegs were cleared of the new CW wave and the good MU stuff (plenty of strike force Wolverines left).

Reaction score
any ROTS wave left??

Los feliz TRU has plenty of MU 3.75" figs. I was gawkin at the Ironmans, Juggernauts, Captain america, wolvies, and colossuses (colossi??)

also had the cw excl. Nikto guard. cool fig. bad price 11 bux

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
any ROTS wave left??

Los feliz TRU has plenty of MU 3.75" figs. I was gawkin at the Ironmans, Juggernauts, Captain america, wolvies, and colossuses (colossi??)

also had the cw excl. Nikto guard. cool fig. bad price 11 bux
I remember seeing Obi-wan, General Grievous and the Magnaguard.

Did TRU have the latest MU wave - Mystique, Ghost Rider, etc?

Reaction score
nice. thx.

i didnt see those guys. (but i wasn't looking very very hard) Don't follow marvel releases closely, sorry.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox- I'll keep my eyes open for you. Hey, I just pre-ordered the Dark Alt version of Galactus and Silver Surfer. I saw the regular and it comes in a pretty cool box.

If anyone finds a Wally Jabba, please let me know. I'll PM you guys with finds/stashes if I come across anything.

Reaction score
famished said:
Lifeinabox- I'll keep my eyes open for you. Hey, I just pre-ordered the Dark Alt version of Galactus and Silver Surfer. I saw the regular and it comes in a pretty cool box.

If anyone finds a Wally Jabba, please let me know. I'll PM you guys with finds/stashes if I come across anything.
Really, where did you pre-order from? Torrance TRU has had him on the shelves a couple of times, but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

Reaction score
i stashed TF generations dlx Darkmount and Red alert as a set and WFC Megs and Soundwave as a set at a walmart in the valley last nite. PM for location.

Reaction score
Entertainment Earth. I used the $5 off discount code that was posted here awhile back. You can find the code on retailmenot.com

Reaction score
CC TRU- 3 vintage boxed AT-ATs (well, 2), 2 MU Juggernauts (well, 1 now) and a patridge in a pear tree...I don't know, it felt appropriate. There were some UGH Hans and Magna Guard. I finally picked up Bossk and IG-88 as a part of the 2 for $12. Colossus at the La Cienaga Target. If anyone spots an Archangel, can they let me know if they're not picking it up or if there's extra? Thanks. Wal-mart had Nada. The same guy who snatched up all the UGH from my report last time was there. Appears that he's a Hot Wheels fan- is it any of you out there? Stocky gentleman, glasses, white tee? You know who you are. No new Joes- Tron stuff is out. A couple English guys were running around TRU looking for them. I asked one guy if I could see what he got- it's the large format figures- about 8"?

Anyone seen the Vintage packed snowspeeder yet?

That's it.

Reaction score
If anyone sees VC Grievous or VC Cody on clean cards at La Cienega TRU or La Cienega Target please stash. (I found one Grievous today but definitely need another -- great looking figure.)

Reaction score
Torrance TRU has one Vintage AT-AT on Saturday. Box had a dinged up corner. Hawthorne TRU had at least a dozen of the Boba UBP and I guess in preparation for this week's sale.

Reaction score
La Cienaga TRU restocked on all VC figs. No UGH though. Looks like the TRON stuff is hitting shelves. I picked up a pack of the TRU exclusive heroes die-cast vehicles and Flynn's modded light cycle.

Reaction score
no ugh? --that sux, but on another forum site a guy in Oklahoma said his TRU told him no more ugh assortments will be stocked from here on out. Wonder if that will hold true for here. Probably.
start hittin up target hard -the new hoth ubp's are being spotted. At least in the SFV, that is. New vehicles and cw 2 packs are bein spotted as well

Reaction score
CW Vehicles going cheap at 18th/La Cienega ROSS

Anakin's Starfighter (2) @ $12.99
Grievous Starfighter (2 -- oops, make that 1) @ $12.99
Armored Assault Tank (2) @$12.99

Also a Battlepack with Obi Wan, Jango Fett and a child Boba Fett (I forget what it's called ) @ $11.99

Reaction score
hit up targets hard. $5 CW/SL sale. (saw 3 pre vizslas & bought a camo arf today) new CW 2 packs coming out soon, hoth UBPs, TVC ughs all over, vintage packed tie & other vehicles droppin soon. GO NUTS!!!!!!!

Reaction score
There's a Vintage box AT-AT sitting at Porter Ranch TRU but it's got a ding on the front.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart has new TRON stuff- 8 inch figs, 3 3/4" figs and vehicles and single-ppacked die-cast. I picked up Jabba while I was there. I saw a guy with a Swamp Speeder at TRU on Jefferson. They had a few UGH Han Solos and 1 Magna Guard. There were a couple Vintage At-Ats. Picked up a Vintage Snowspeeder at LaCie Target. They also had the TIE Fighter. Also picked up 2-pack of Senate Commandoes and the Hoth BP.

Reaction score
Spotted the Hyena Bomber and Swamp Speeder at the Hawthorne TRU. Still no Target resets in the South Bay. Can someone stash the Arc Trooper BP if you see one?

BTW, if you guys are Tron fans, check out California Adventure's elecTRONica. Got to see 10 min of footage in 3D. Pretty cool .

Reaction score
If someone finds extra MU Archangels, Crossbones or ultimate Caps, could you please stash one for me? Thanks!