LA Area News and Finds #2

Reaction score
sorry i didn't stash but La cienega TRU has one pair of the twins left. Found 4/6 EU there this AM. No K'Kruhk, no spacetrooper

CC TRU had an Ahsoka on new CW card

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Dodger game May 21st?

SW poster and shirt?

Please let me know.
Thanks!

Reaction score
probably not goin. Haven't heard back from anyone & it'd be really tough to get a group now. I'll ask around about the stuff u want though.

Reaction score
not going, sorry, but know someone who works there -if he comes across anything, I'll let u know. I can't guarantee anything though.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
not going, sorry, but know someone who works there -if he comes across anything, I'll let u know. I can't guarantee anything though.
I understand. Thanks for checking.

Reaction score
HTS.com now has the new Clone Wars vehicles, figures and the Big AT-AT up for sale. Most of the cool stuff is sold out

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there a drought of figures going on everywhere? I feel like it's been 2 months since anyone's stocked anything.

Reaction score
I spotted one lone Anakin Starfighter in the new blue packaging at the Hawthorne TRU. I'm not so much in a rush as I assume these first few waves will hit hard, especially given the empty pegs at every single Target waiting for the reset.

Reaction score
This goes without saying, but - Frank and Son (at City of Industry) vendors have everything from all the new waves, including the AT-AT. Prices vary per vendor, but figures are in the $12-15 range.

Reaction score
Still cannot find any TLC EU figures. Did they only make a blip here and there? La Cienaga had the blue cards out- mostly re-releases. Did see IG-88...eh.

Reaction score
TRU EU wave are gone. Haven't been stocked in weeks. If u want them now you'll have to resort to BBTS.com or entertainment earth. Yeah -only a blip, if that

Reaction score
That blows. I was really looking forward to finding some in the wild
Anyhow kiddies, time for a report- La Cienaga TRU- 2 cloud cars, 1 snowspeeder. I'm unsure on picking up a snowspeeder as I love my POTF2 one with the sounds. The cloudcar is sweet, but at $27.99...I dunno. Any word if it's 24.99 at Target? If TRU does BOGOH I might buy into it.

Reaction score
Okely Dokely, my buddy picked up the Big AT-AT at the La Cienaga TRU. Eh, I think I'll wait for the vintage packaging. I did pick up the Pre Vizsla, cloud car, cloud car pilot and Dak Ralter there. Seems like the new LEGO sets are hitting shelves as well. Anakin in the Naboo skiff is there as well, but I really want the Mando speeder bike. That's it

Reaction score
Pre was up for sale at TRU.com. Anyone need stashing if I come across one?

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
Hey guys just wanted to give a shout out to bikerscout for helping me nab one of those Dodger/Star Wars posters.

From one Scummer to another Scummer, I thank you!

Reaction score
I'm looking for the Mando bike too! Let me know if you spot an extra. Heads up- New Joes hit the TRU- the Snake Eyes actually looks pretty good. Joes are BOGO 1/2 off. Kul Teska was up on the pegs at La Cienaga TRU- spotted 2- $15 a pop- meh. Not that great looking of a figure. For the large figures, I dig the Vong the best.

Reaction score
The new Joes have weapons that are a bit more, say, proportional. The new Storm Shadow is a bit odd. Duke is okay. The HISS tank looks interesting. They really need to re-release a Skystriker. And the only thing you get for a $15 Kul Teska is a larger package, a TRU Exclusive sticker and a figure that could ahve been a bit more interesting. Hasbro did do a bang up job on TCW Aurra Sing.

Reaction score
saw the Teska today. Large figure. Saw some new Joe vehicles, but no figures. Saw new battle ops Bumblebee and many deluxe Thrusts. All at La Cienega TRU. Oh ya, they had vintage too, but the cards were all bent. Pretty badly in some cases. No fett & no cloud car pilot.

Reaction score
Don't know. Some db. Another collector i know said he saw those cards on the floor twice. Someone must've really hated them. Maybe they think they are TRU exclusive -lol

Reaction score
Here's my report for the day: La Cienaga Target has Pre, speeder bikes (except for the Mando) and a galactic heroes at-at. Crenshaw WM had a Jabba but someone stole Oola.The chase cobra commander is at la cienaga TRU.picked one up yesterday at Target.

Reaction score
Stopped by Montebello TRU this afternoon and they just got done stocking the pegs. Plenty of vintage and CW revision packs. Saw the AT-AT and snowspeeder for the first time but the standard vehicles scanned for $27.99?!

Reaction score
Yeah, vehicles are now $27.99 at TRU. They are $24.99 at Target, which is having a sale so they are $20 now if you can even find them there. Also, the vintage cards are $7.99 at Target and $9.99 at TRU and the speeder/skiff packs are $2 cheaper at Target as well.

Reaction score
Stopped by La Cienega Target today. Lots of full pegs (all pristine cards -- no mystery damage. Nicely surprised to see the $7.99 price tag on the new VC. Picked up a great looking Hoth Leia.

Reaction score
ya TRU is stupid. They must think this new vintage line includes clamshells, but they don't. $10. Screw that. They should be $7 or lower at all stores. Not $8-10. And $25-28 vehicles?? gimme a break

Reaction score
If anyone was looking for vintage Boba- Crenshaw WM has 2. Happy hunting.

Reaction score
la cienega TRU had 4 or 5 vintage fetts. Go nuts. They also had the new "legacy" 2 packs. Anakin/Vader, Grievous and Fett. Cool, but had the figs already.
culv. city TRU had the AT-AT on sale and............the new CW slave 1 UBP!!!!!! 2 of em!!($99 each) Didn't get it though -waitin for the vintage OT version if they make it

Reaction score
Slave 1 UBP- $99?! Too rich for my blood. Anyone want to trade an Endor AT-AT NIP for it? Lol.

Reaction score
i sold my endor at-at the moment i heard the inkling of the rumor that a BAT-AT would be made. (not long after the BMF came out)