Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer w/Kylo Ren (TIE Pilot)

Reaction score
I got this over the weekend and I'm very impressed. The plastic quality is very good and it looks like a model. The scale is off if you want to look at it in proportion to a figure but it looks like the design of the fighter itself did not compromise on that in the exterior. It looks great and the interaction with the Force Link is a lot of fun. Lots of whooshing through the house. It made me feel like a 7 year-old.

Very fun toy and I hope lots of kids find it under their Christmas tree this season.

Reaction score
Got my TIE today. A little too small, but really nice. I like how they included a rack on the back wall to hang Kylo's lightsaber on. That made me chuckle when I noticed it.

I wish the wings were detachable. Once you click them in, there in for good. I like to store my ships in their boxes, but you can't with this one.

Reaction score
How are the wings ? are they more sturdy than the TFA TIE Fighters ?
Much much sturdier. I would say they are comparable to the Tie Interceptors we have had in the past, which I suppose is appropriate.

Reaction score
You can clearly see how absolutely tiny the Hasbro toy is in scale with the real ship by looking at the unassembled cockpit of the revel model kit, especially with the large cargo hold being revealed behind the cockpit seat:

Reaction score
Bloody massive! It is the length of 3 TIE/ln side by side. Should be TIE Striker size as a toy, but at least it matches all the other undersized ships in this trilogy.

Reaction score
You can clearly see how absolutely tiny the Hasbro toy is in scale with the real ship by looking at the unassembled cockpit of the revel model kit, especially with the large cargo hold being revealed behind the cockpit seat:

Ships aren't going to be to scale for a while, so get over it.

Reaction score
Revell kit looks pretty nice, I'll probably pick that up. I've enjoyed their kits so far.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro made an acceptable compromise on the toy. There is nothing on the exterior that makes you think the toy is under-scaled. It looks like a model. You can't even see the figure on the inside, which would look ridiculous if you could. But you can't. The illusion is retained.

But it's also great for the kid who wants to stick Kylo in it and fly it around the house with sound effects. Everybody wins.

Demanding this toy be perfectly scaled to what it's supposed to be in every respect is unrealistic.

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious speeders and maybe TIE fighters/ Jedi Starfighters, has there been anything that is in scale? The Imperial Shuttle, BMF and Legacy AT AT all remain woefully underscaled, I thought it was a given we never get correctly scaled vehicles in 3.75. Not looking for argument, just interested in a sample of what is correct scale?

Reaction score
I can't believe people still get so bent out of shape regarding scale. Nothing has ever really been in true scale. Get over it.

Reaction score
I can't believe people still get so bent out of shape regarding scale. Nothing has ever really been in true scale. Get over it.
It's case specific. Fudging scale has never bothered me, as long it doesn't lose the concept and function of the ship.
This and other TIEs, and fighters have been fine.
The Rogue One U-Wing for example, was annoying, because it turned a two-piloted and troop-transport vehicle, into a one man fighter.
Which was a complete betrayal of the concept and function of the ship.
Further frustrating, was the box it came in allowed for a slightly larger scale, which would have made the difference.

Reaction score
It's case specific. Fudging scale has never bothered me, as long it doesn't lose the concept and function of the ship.
This and other TIEs, and fighters have been fine.
The Rogue One U-Wing for example, was annoying, because it turned a two-piloted and troop-transport vehicle, into a one man fighter.
Which was a complete betrayal of the concept and function of the ship.
Further frustrating, was the box it came in allowed for a slightly larger scale, which would have made the difference.

I agree. Usually I don't care if something is off scale, but the U-Wing is nothing like the one in the movie.

Reaction score
Comparing this figure to the single pack it seems the only real difference is in the head, and with that only that the scar is unpainted. Would you say this is a new figure or just a variant?

Reaction score
I think Hasbro made an acceptable compromise on the toy. There is nothing on the exterior that makes you think the toy is under-scaled. It looks like a model. You can't even see the figure on the inside, which would look ridiculous if you could. But you can't. The illusion is retained.

But it's also great for the kid who wants to stick Kylo in it and fly it around the house with sound effects. Everybody wins.

Demanding this toy be perfectly scaled to what it's supposed to be in every respect is unrealistic.
One thing's for sure, it won't take up half the room it could have. I don't think anyone is expecting a full scaled vehicle and with the electronics included at the price point, it's probably a fair proposition, these days at least. It is a similar size to previous TIE releases, which is fine, but it is several times the size in actuality.

Just looking at it in terms of scale and dimension, it's probably close to what The Rogue Shadow would have been. Now if that thing made it to market as a 3.75" vehicle.. meh I would probably still complain if it wasn't a two seater, because Juno Eclipse.

Reaction score
I wouldn't complain if it had been around 10% bigger, but I still really like the vehicle as it is. I wouldn't want it to be and exact replica at this scale. Would be way to freaking big to display, and wouldn't be easy to swoosh around either...

Reaction score
Love this vehicle, but does anyone know why it doesn't feature the so obviously prominent red-hued glass cockpit? The one on there literally looks painted over black, but it IS see through if you look the through the cockpit, giving it a ghetto tint lol. I think that's so stupid, every single other piece of stock photography to the LEGOs to the Titanium stuff features the freaking red cockpit, and WE GET!!!!!......a black one -_-

Reaction score
^^^ I believe it has red interior lights that are activated with the bracelet thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score

... I think that's so stupid, every single other piece of stock photography to the LEGOs to the Titanium stuff features the freaking red cockpit, and WE GET!!!!!......a black one -_-
Even the playskool one got the red cockpit.

Reaction score
The heads are different, especially in the hair. The single release is a little more wavy looking.

And the bottom of the feet are different. But other than that, it is the same sculpt.

Reaction score
Much much sturdier. I would say they are comparable to the Tie Interceptors we have had in the past, which I suppose is appropriate.
I don't think I'd go that far. They are still a lot more rubbery than the old ones, but they are thicker so that adds some rigidity to them.
It's a good thing though, as once I added the guns to the tips they were pointed off in wonky directions so I was able to bend them back to straight with zero worries about the tips breaking. And I bent the living hell out of them too. Like past a 90degree angle. No breakage no stress marks.

Reaction score

Even the playskool one got the red cockpit.
As Richard Dreyfuss once exclaimed in What About Bob?..."You SEE!!!!???", Hasbro can't begin to give us some much needed accuracy, because apparently a red plastic cockpit just GOUGES their profits!!!

^^^ I believe it has red interior lights that are activated with the bracelet thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I own it, no lights in the cockpit my man, which would STILL be a farce considering the ship literally features RED. GLASS. I digress, it's just really annoying and one of the cooler features on the ship that we're NOT getting...

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's just an issue with how far along the toy was into production and the concept art they received. Kylo's Shuttle had a similar issue with the first bit of merchandise during TFA. I also noticed that the cockpit glass is completely see through on the Revell Snaptite model kit. I'll be interested to checkout the art book when that gets released to see if my theory is correct.

Reaction score
So, I got my TIE Silencer today. Agree with what everyone has said for the past week--it's too damn small. Which IMHO totally takes away from what is one of the best 3.75" vehicles Hasbro has put out in a long, long time. This thing thing is solid, has a great design with a great sculpt and is just cool looking. Blows away those stupid Nerf firing vehicles that have been released over the last few years. Makes the rubbery TIEs and X-Wings and U-Wing, TIE Striker and Hera's A-Wing look like the absolute trash they are. This thing rocks. If it had been just been BIGGER!!!

Reaction score
While I agree, I'm not a fan of things getting even smaller. Before long all we're going to get is a overly large cockpit just to fit the figure, and barely any wings or engines.

I was ecstatic when the BMF was made, more than I though I would/could be! And that surprised me because I wasn't even campaigning for new larger one. I also know that even that wasn't to scale, but it's nice to have a roomier version. As for Fighters I'm fine with a smaller footprint, but feel it should not be scaled down too drastic. Ever since the Scimitar debacle, I've been very staunchly against smaller scaling. it's knee-jerk reaction for me now. If they want to make a ship that fist a 2.5" figure fine, then make a 2.5" scale line. I'll just have no part of it.

For the most part I'm not overly upset about this one, but it does bum me out more and more when I hear how small it is every day.
In dislike buying something that looks good on screen, then after getting it home being very unimpressed and letdown. Especially if it's very noticeable next to the older ships/vehicles.

If this is smaller than an average TIE or Vader's TIE, it will be deflating indeed. Considering how the FO likes bigger things, this should be bigger than old Imperial ships.

I haven't seen this one locally, just the A-Wing. And it's really tough to analyze on a PC screen. :grin:

Reaction score
Kinks aside, the BS Kylo has trouble getting inside the toy, that figure is oversized and the Tie Silencer is undersized. You have to really stuff the figure in the hole and change heads and maybe need to remove his hard plastic skirt.

Reaction score
Probably going to pass. The scale totally ruins it for me much like Maul's ship from several years ago. Oh well, that's how life goes.