Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer w/Kylo Ren (TIE Pilot)

Reaction score
Might be underscaled, but I like that size. The only thing I don't like is I can't tell if the windows are see through or not. It would be nice if it was clear red.

Reaction score
Kind of reminds me of the TIE Avenger from Legends. Hell if the wings from Vader's TIE fit I might make one lol.

Reaction score
Irritatingly, it was a little bit too big.
It was just slightly off,...very very slightly. If you look at the R2D2 head included, and compare it to a 3.75" R2D2figure, the R2D2 with the hero x wing is only slightly larger.

Reaction score
I am going by the official photos and animation that was released.

The cockpit is very roomy as you can see by the official photos and gif.

I determine that it is over two times (not three as I stated) bigger than the toy in real-life scale terms, and probably roomy enough inside the ship to walk around.

Judging by the size of the micro-toy next to the figure, the cockpit section looks very tight and Kylo Ren would probably nearly have to lie down to sit in it just like the cockpit of the Rogue One U-Wing micro-toy.

I concur. I found some dimensions of the actual ship;

Height: 12.329 ft

Width: 24.990 ft

Length: 57.180 ft

So it's at around twice the height of a standing pilot in full gear. In toy form it looks just a bit taller than the figure. It is quite long like and is just a couple feet longer than a TIE Striker and is almost twice as long as the TIE Advanced at 30 ft. That thing is bloody long and I think a scale comparison with U-wing toy would be close as you say.

No red smoked glass is a missed opportunity. You can't see through it anyway unless you light up the cockpit with a led light. A disappointment for me in that regard, but hopefully the lights and sounds make up for it. The E-FX X-Wing is always going to be cool for that reason.

Reaction score
Actually it seems this ship on screen has very similar dimensions to the TIE Striker overall. What a shame hasbro didn't follow through with it. I like that Striker!

Reaction score
After seeing the commercial, this vehicle looks to be pretty decent sized for what it is.

Reaction score
After seeing the commercial, this vehicle looks to be pretty decent sized for what it is.
Yep definitely. The size and general quality seems to be a much better value than what they've been asking $50 bucks for the last couple years, that's for sure.

Reaction score
I think when this vehicle is put beside any other TIE vehicle in this scale, it will be significantly undersized. The canopy hatch looks a lot smaller than any TIE we've seen before.

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool to me. Why do you feel the need to criticise every vehicle so much?
No worse than vintage Interceptor is it?

Reaction score
That's about the size I figured it would be.
Heck, that's actually larger than I thought it would be. It's not bad, it's in scale with the other TIEs. It's far from a Sith Infiltrator type situation.

The design of this thing is growing on me. I kinda like it, while still being generally disappointed and the overall lack of originality in all the ST designs.

Not everything needs to be just a slight revamp of an OT design, gosh darnit!!

Reaction score
I think it looks weird when you look through the main window view port, and you see his legs Instead of his head.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Not everything needs to be just a slight revamp of an OT design, gosh darnit!!
The multi-faceted hull is sensible enough for the stealth capability (which I believe it has henceforth the name). The panels are obviously derived from the higher efficiency found in the TIE advanced and TIE/Int as well. The forward open panels are taken from the higher visibility found in the TIE/Int. So I take it the guys at ILM didn't have enough imagination to design something different that could do the same thing. :D

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool to me. Why do you feel the need to criticise every vehicle so much?
No worse than vintage Interceptor is it?

I love it.

Ok to post that it looks pretty cool to you.

Not ok for someone else to post it doesn't look cool to them.

Was kindergarten so long ago that you've forgotten the basics?

Reaction score
Yeah it does look cool, and at least it's not as bad as the Scimitar was. However, given the price, i feel it could have been bigger. It does make it look tiny and kind of silly next to the TIE. If it was surrounded by new smaller TIEs and X-Wings etc. then it wouldn't be such an issue.

I still plan to get one eventually, it's a neat enough design.

Reaction score
Wait...

So it only lights up if you have the force link to activate it???

Reaction score
BUt then you wouldn't buy the helmet one with the force link...
Well actually that one looks to be sculpted on? So I would have to buy that one anyway. ;) Its disappointing that this figure is exactly the same as the basic figure without the cape. Then again, I am sure we will be swimming in Ren variations at some point. I just hope they do Ren removable helmet, I love removable helmet figures.

Reaction score
Well actually that one looks to be sculpted on? So I would have to buy that one anyway. ;) Its disappointing that this figure is exactly the same as the basic figure without the cape. Then again, I am sure we will be swimming in Ren variations at some point. I just hope they do Ren removable helmet, I love removable helmet figures.

But a removable helmet ren is impossible cause of the hair's volume.

Reaction score
Why does mauls ship suddenly have two names :confused:
It's been known as the Scimitar for a while now - at least as long as the offical Episode One: Incredible Cross-sections book has been around, so around the time of TPM cinematic release (back around 1999).

The role of the ship was that of a Sith Inflitrator, and Maul named it the Scimitar.

Semantics perhaps, but that's what it's known as.

Reaction score
Not cool Jason. Not cool.
Agreed.

The photos are not mine. I just googled Kylo Ren TIE Silencer and loads of images of the toy that have been bought before Force Friday 2 come up if you set it to the last 'week' whilst searching. At first, I thought i was looking at the Action Fleet version but soon realised that it's the Hasbro micro-version instead.

It's Hasbro's Darth Maul micro-Scimitar all over again, how retro ... I see Hasbro sneaked in a hideous 'Nerf-type' missile function in the wings.

Shame it's not an almost 'full-size' to scale with the 4 3/4 figures vehicle, that would have been truly awesome and probably what most collectors would have wanted instead of this shrunken-down micro-vehicle Hasbro are so very fond of making lately.

There is a video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD0vHZsBez8

Reaction score
Thank you for your sensible reply :)

I still think this is nowhere near as bad as Maul's ship, I truly hated that one becuase it was meant to be a huge craft. It seems broadly in scale with other Hasbro TIE's and general toy releases.
Plus it'll necessarily be of less height because of the sleeker wing design. We have to remember we aren't the target market for this.

I think that they are plastic projectiles rather than Nerfs, just the usual fare. Pretty cool that they can be popped in and hidden away unlike the ones on Vader's TIE.

So far the only thing I don't like is the cockpit glass not being red. Possibly the electronics not functioning without the wristband thing will be a point against it too.

At this tme it's the only thing I'll likely buy from the line but I will still wait until it gets reduced next year.

Reaction score
The Sith Infiltrator was a compromise IMO. Most of the ship's actual front consisted of cloaking generators which were useless for Hasbro to make henceforth the make-up missile features for playability. The size under the Class II pricepoint plus sans pack-in figure made it affordable, particular those continually yearned but not willing to pay upwards of $50 for it in lieu of Hasbro's continued position on SW vehicles sales/marketing. The absence of a figure pack-in made it slightly more desirable to avoid figure-repeat and avoid slightly increase cost.

Reaction score
Looks like Hasbro are also releasing the First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter as well, I hope they make the wings a little thicker this time and a bit larger too ...

Reaction score
Waste....I was hoping for the other FO TIE. Why the heck do we get regular FO TIE pilots and only Special Forces TIE's?????

Reaction score
Looks like Hasbro are also releasing the First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter as well, I hope they make the wings a little thicker this time and a bit larger too ...
]

I did a custom using the old big TIE wings. I do prefer them even though a lot of people complain they are too big. It looks better in person than it does on the photos, for some reason they make it more disproportionate with my camera.

Reaction score
Not cool Jason. Not cool.
Not cool? Why do you consistently expect your "I like it" opinions to be tolerated but then question the "necessity" of other opinions? Is that cool? Is it cool to question the necessity of a person being critical of a you toy like?

This is a toy forum. We critique the toys. You're no more entitled to have an opinion than anyone else, whether it's praise of criticism.

We we had a similar discussion in the film section. It's a very very basic concept that you repeatedly ignore.