Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer w/Kylo Ren (TIE Pilot)

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing Kylo Ren's ride in this line:

Picture from swrogue507

Who's going to be purchasing this? Thoughts on it?

Reaction score
Maybe it's the perspective of the photo but how is the figure going to fit in that ship?
The Rathtar is bigger in comparison to Bala Tik than the box art shows next to the TIE Silencer. It's probably just a perspective shot with the ship/creature in the background.

I want to believe the TIE Silencer will be of a decent size, as the Ski Speeder appears to be. I think Hasbro has learned their lesson from severely undersized ships and NERF features not selling.

Reaction score
So long as there are no Nerf missiles present, I'll most likely get. If not, I'll at least get it in a small Titanium. Love the look of this ship.

Reaction score
It looks like Hasbro fell victim to the lead time to produce toys vs. evolving design process of movies once again.

This Tie Silencer looks to only have one, dark black window whereas the new images from the movie show the Silencer with multiple red windows in a traditional Tie Fighter pattern. It's a shame as the red windows definitely look better.

I also think that the new, carded, Kilo figure has the original large scar covering his entire face as opposed to the new smaller scar he actually has in the movie.

Reaction score
This actually looks pretty darned cool. I haven't bought any vehicles in a long, long time. I may just pick this one up.

Reaction score
Just looks like another typical Hasbro shrunken micro vehicle to me, especially with the figure next to it for scale.

Reaction score
Figures and vehicles are rarely to scale on cardbacks. Not expecting it to be true to movie scale but slightly better than this.

Reaction score
Completely dependent on scale for this one. If it's consistent with the other TIEs we've had to date then I'll pick it up.

It does look cool

Reaction score
Figures and vehicles are rarely to scale on cardbacks. Not expecting it to be true to movie scale but slightly better than this.
Yeah, I doubt that that cardback pic shows these in actual scale. If so, I'm not sure the figure would even fit in the ship (unless maybe he lies down in it). Not saying the ship will be true to scale with the film though (this is Hasbro we're talking about). Will have to see it in hand I guess.

Reaction score
Looks like they pulled another Sith Infiltrator. :sneaky:
Yeah, if this ship fits the 3.75" scale accurately. It's a definite buy for me too! Best looking ship to come out of the ST so far.

Reaction score
Certain vehicle combinations can work well to an extent, like the $20 Slave I and Big Falcon, so the TIE Silencer should look proper scaled with the Resistance X-wing from a vehicle standpoint, depending on the ship's interaction in the film.

Reaction score
I would still pick this up, irrespective of whether it with Sith-Infiltrator under scaled or not.

So long as it's accurately proportioned, the smaller scale is fine with me.

Reaction score
I would still pick this up, irrespective of whether it with Sith-Infiltrator under scaled or not.

So long as it's accurately proportioned, the smaller scale is fine with me.
To scale is typically pretty cool but doesn't lend itself well to displaying for your average consumer/collector,who doesn't/can't have a room specifically dedicated to star wars stuff. The under-sized vehicles are superior in that particular regard. On the other hand all the bells and whistles are pretty damn cool. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see much/any to scale vehicles until retail changes their strategy for toys.

Reaction score
should add that if space wasn't an issue I'd definitely favor the to scale versions of vehicles to the smaller ones. I just don't want to have tubs full of vehicles in their boxes because I don't have anywhere to put them.

Reaction score
should add that if space wasn't an issue I'd definitely favor the to scale versions of vehicles to the smaller ones. I just don't want to have tubs full of vehicles in their boxes because I don't have anywhere to put them.
I completely agree.

For what it's worth: I love the Sith Infiltrator vehicle Hasbro did. It's a good size, and one I'm glad to have picked up, when available. It gets a lot of heat for being undersized, but I'm glad we got the one we did, rather than none at all.

Reaction score
Well, it's got my money..just hope the plastic used is at least up to par with the TIE strikers from last year, as pointed out by DarthManX above, I would love a to scale one but as space is at a premium a well detailed (no nerf!) smaller replica will suit me.

Reaction score
So will this vehicle be the X-wing of the line. Everyone purchased one, everyone hated it?
Hopefully it won't have the quality control issues like the X-wing (bent cannons and nose cone).

Had the price been around $25-30 for the X-wing, it would've been an easier pill to swallow. It's a fun little piece at an extravagant price, which is unfortunately what Kylo's fighter looks to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
TFA vehicles were absurdly priced for what they are/were. Maybe that's just thirtysomething-gettingoldandcrotchety DarthPete talking. It'll be interesting to see what the price point will look like for ships and such this go around.

Reaction score
Whether $40 or $50, it's a cool ship, but few are likely to hook it in. Even the ships from the last two movies stayed on the shelves at $20. I predict probably another discount appearance at the corresponding chains to around $16.99. We'll see.

Reaction score
I picked up the blue and white x-wing on clearance for $13. I'd never really had any interest in it, but I figured for the price what the heck. And my first thought after putting it together was 'this is pretty nice for $13; if I had paid $50 for this I'd have been pissed.' It really felt like it should have been $30-$35 retail, tops. But again, saying that, its not far off from "In MY day X-wings were $25!" as I hose down my driveway in plaid shorts.

Reaction score
I don't have tons od space for ships either, but I prefer accurate scale. If I want a smaller version, there will be plenty others. HW scale, 6" Titanium scale etc.

Otherwise it' like saying not to make the BMF. just because "I" don't have room for it. Besides this thing should have several avenues of release in varying scales.

Reaction score
My own opinion: all my space issues aside, I'm all for accurately scaled vehicles (when feasibile).

I'm also for underscaled but proportionally correct vehicles, if in the absence of accurately scaled versions (which is fine, due to my space issues).

Summary: I'd rather get a vehicle than none at all (if that makes sense), if it were a choice between them.

:) I also wouldn't begrudge the production of a large vehicle, simply because of my circumstances / situation: to use the example of the sith infiltrator, an accurately scaled version would be amazing! It would also be massive, and I prolly wouldn't have picked one up at a more accurately scaled size (and likely increased cost) - but it would have been awesome to see one produced, and great for those with the space / money. As it stands, the smaller scales version is great: I have room for it, and was reasonably priced at the time (and within my budget - waaay back then).

Reaction score
My own opinion: all my space issues aside, I'm all for accurately scaled vehicles (when feasibile).

I'm also for underscaled but proportionally correct vehicles, if in the absence of accurately scaled versions (which is fine, due to my space issues).

Summary: I'd rather get a vehicle than none at all (if that makes sense), if it were a choice between them.

:) I also wouldn't begrudge the production of a large vehicle, simply because of my circumstances / situation: to use the example of the sith infiltrator, an accurately scaled version would be amazing! It would also be massive, and I prolly wouldn't have picked one up at a more accurately scaled size (and likely increased cost) - but it would have been awesome to see one produced, and great for those with the space / money. As it stands, the smaller scales version is great: I have room for it, and was reasonably priced at the time (and within my budget - waaay back then).
spot on take

Reaction score
TFA vehicles were absurdly priced for what they are/were. Maybe that's just thirtysomething-gettingoldandcrotchety DarthPete talking. It'll be interesting to see what the price point will look like for ships and such this go around.
I agree with you: TFAs vehicles were (and still are) absurdly priced IMO. The context for my reasoning is of course based on New Zealand dollars (as NZ is where I live), and even the smaller vehicles from the line were the price of a mid sized vehicle not that long ago! And most of TFAs vehicles I've seen at retail haven't dropped in price either (hence why I haven't purchased any yet from TFAs).

Anecdotal example at best: when my at-the-time-was-an-accountant brother was shopping for Christmas presents for my kids, back when TFA has just been released, he rang me from a local toy-store for advice / hints. While conversing, he advised that he'd checked out the SW figure / vehicle range and remarked that they were exceedingly expensive and ridiculously priced (he's a SW fan, but not as involved as I am). Not a scientific analysis I realise, just a personal one, and mileage no doubt varies between stores / countries.

I myself was looking forward to purchasing at least one 3 3/4 inch TFAs vehicle, but never did in the end, due to the cost, and the quality of the product offered. I decided instead to spend instead on Black Series Titaniums, and Disney Store diecast vehicles instead - which provided 'more bang for my buck' so to speak, and was a better overall quality of product, when compared to the 3 3/4 inch line.

I'm hoping that prices haven't escalated since TFAs...

Reaction score
I agree with you: TFAs vehicles were (and still are) absurdly priced IMO. The context for my reasoning is of course based on New Zealand dollars (as NZ is where I live), and even the smaller vehicles from the line were the price of a mid sized vehicle not that long ago! And most of TFAs vehicles I've seen at retail haven't dropped in price either (hence why I haven't purchased any yet from TFAs).

Anecdotal example at best: when my at-the-time-was-an-accountant brother was shopping for Christmas presents for my kids, back when TFA has just been released, he rang me from a local toy-store for advice / hints. While conversing, he advised that he'd checked out the SW figure / vehicle range and remarked that they were exceedingly expensive and ridiculously priced (he's a SW fan, but not as involved as I am). Not a scientific analysis I realise, just a personal one, and mileage no doubt varies between stores / countries.

I myself was looking forward to purchasing at least one 3 3/4 inch TFAs vehicle, but never did in the end, due to the cost, and the quality of the product offered. I decided instead to spend instead on Black Series Titaniums, and Disney Store diecast vehicles instead - which provided 'more bang for my buck' so to speak, and was a better overall quality of product, when compared to the 3 3/4 inch line.

I'm hoping that prices haven't escalated since TFAs...
As discussed previously, I should also add, the space issue for me also clinched my decision to largely spend my pocket money on smaller diecast vehicles.

So for me, it was costings, space, and quality that I considered when deciding.