Kylo Ren (Unmasked)

Reaction score
I Need to see some Close-ups, but from that one pic, this figure Looks more like a Happy Meal toy than a SW Action figure.

Reaction score
I wonder if there was originally a scene in the movie where Kylo had his mask off and hood up, but it just ended up on the cutting room floor (not literally, of course, since most movies are edited digitally these days). Obviously we're still getting figures designed prior to the final version of the film and it probably won't be until late-summer or early-fall that we start to get toys designed after Hasbro's toy designers saw the theatrical cut of TFA. That's the downside of an industry that requires a 12-18 month lead time for most of its products.

Either way, I liked Kylo enough in the movie so I'll probably get this figure and hope that the hood is removable.
I'm guessing this figure is based off the deleted scene from the teaser trailer with Kylo walking in the woods of Starkiller Base.

Reaction score
I'm with you guys, if the hood is removable, I'm excited we're getting this as a variant.

Reaction score
It's a tiny preview, but the face sculpt doesn't look very good to me. Maybe it's a rough sculpt for promos and they're working on licensing the actor's likeness. I'll buy one if it actually ends up looking like Adam Driver.

Reaction score
Looks like the hood is removable looking at the carded pic. Guess I need another SA Kylo now, lol.

Reaction score
Oh, nice to see! I picked up another armor-up Ren today at TRU for this guy when he comes out.

Reaction score
If you remove the hood it looks like you lose the look from the movie. It may not even have the cape when removed. I can't tell from this angle. Also, does his body look very disproportionate? Maybe it's just the oversized hood, but his head looks too big for his body. I'll wait for a SA version.

Reaction score
If you remove the hood it looks like you lose the look from the movie. It may not even have the cape when removed. I can't tell from this angle. Also, does his body look very disproportionate? Maybe it's just the oversized hood, but his head looks too big for his body. I'll wait for a SA version.
Exactly. That's what everyone has been saying. The scarf will go if you remove the hood.

GNT

Reaction score
I have just seen a picture of the next wave of 3 3/4 force awakens figures 5 poa about from two or three they seem to be the same figures we have already had , bigbadtoys was were I seen the images I really hope this isn't the case

Hasbro repacks figures to fill out new cases and to get figures like Zuvio, a character who's super short packed back out onto the pegs for those collectors who haven't been able to find him yet :) ;) :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure if I'll get his one, looks like brown hair under that hood to me. Looks like the Solo family are getting brown hair. I'm pretty sure old Han is getting brown hair too:|

Reaction score
Hasbro repacks figures to fill out new cases and to get figures like Zuvio, a character who's super short packed back out onto the pegs for those collectors who haven't been able to find him yet :) ;) :p
According to another thread he is going to be the "rare" figure and worth lots someday...:wtf:...nope couldn't do it and keep a straight face.

Reaction score
This will be my 3rd kylo and I don't mind at all. Love how they gave him a different hand

Reaction score
According to another thread he is going to be the "rare" figure and worth lots someday...:wtf:...nope couldn't do it and keep a straight face.
I think there is truth to it though, that is why I have put one in one of my figure vaults (a box in the spare room cupboard labelled NEVER TO BE REPEATED CHARACTER$) along side my Tion Medon, ASP-7 Droid, Gragra, Captain Panaka, Cat Minn, Firespeeder pilot, Yarna, Utai, Rep Been, Ak-Rev, Mustafar Sentry, Pax Bonkik, Lava Miner, Gasgano, Ric Olie, Willrow Hood, Utapaun Warrior, Jeremoch Colton, Polis Massan, Ketwol, Dexter Jettster, Orn Free Taa, SP-4, JN-66, WA-7, Ayy Vida, Rappertunie, Breha Organa, Rm Sleg, and Po Nudo.

Reaction score
Since the current version's mask is glued into the hood, I wonder if this one might just have a new face...

Reaction score
I don't think losing the cloak is a big deal. As I recall, he's never shown without his helmet and with his cloak on. By the time he shows up at the oscillator, he does not have his cloak.

Reaction score
I think there is truth to it though, that is why I have put one in one of my figure vaults (a box in the spare room cupboard labelled NEVER TO BE REPEATED CHARACTER$) along side my Tion Medon, ASP-7 Droid, Gragra, Captain Panaka, Cat Minn, Firespeeder pilot, Yarna, Utai, Rep Been, Ak-Rev, Mustafar Sentry, Pax Bonkik, Lava Miner, Gasgano, Ric Olie, Willrow Hood, Utapaun Warrior, Jeremoch Colton, Polis Massan, Ketwol, Dexter Jettster, Orn Free Taa, SP-4, JN-66, WA-7, Ayy Vida, Rappertunie, Breha Organa, Rm Sleg, and Po Nudo.
Oh man, I forgot about some of those figures. I think they all got more screen time than Zuvio.

Reaction score
I support a maskless Kylo Ren, but this dude looks like the older brother from Wonder Years​.

Reaction score
See, I can tell that you're not a serious investor by the conspicuous absence of Elan Sleazebaggano.
:grin:

Reaction score
I realized that he looks like Proffesor Snape from Harry Potter, only younger:D I will probably buy him, looks good

Reaction score
I did have him because in 2003 a long time collector confided in me that he was the one figure worth buying during the Attack of the Clones line. He told me that people will be after him in years to come once they have had their quota of the multiple Jango Fett figures that were being made. Since it would be his only release, his value would be north of "sky high"......

Needless to say I bought a couple of him and sold them all in 2013 and bought myself a boat*

*The boat has no relevance to this story, I just bought it in the same year and like to brag about it. The boat was heavily financed actually and will take years for my kids to pay off.

Reaction score
True, and I blame the completists for this. Y'know, those guys who have been buying two of every figure (one to keep MOC and one to open)
How dare you sir, how dare you! :grin: But I happily accept the gratitude that it was meant in. Thanks to my contributions, we were able to get those obscure characters. Not to mention one of the longest lifespans any figure line has ever had! ;)

And yes, count me as one of those that will need to buy this unmasked Kylo. Right along with the TBS figure!
Also waiting for teh updated Rey, with double bladed Lightsaber!

Reaction score
I did have him because in 2003 a long time collector confided in me that he was the one figure worth buying during the Attack of the Clones line. He told me that people will be after him in years to come once they have had their quota of the multiple Jango Fett figures that were being made. Since it would be his only release, his value would be north of "sky high"......

Needless to say I bought a couple of him and sold them all in 2013 and bought myself a boat*

*The boat has no relevance to this story, I just bought it in the same year and like to brag about it. The boat was heavily financed actually and will take years for my kids to pay off.
So good I had to quote it!