Kylo Ren (Unmasked)

GNT

Reaction score
It appears we're getting an unmasked Kylo Ren figure this year:

Who's up for buying this figure?

Reaction score
That thing on the left was my favorite part of the movie. He carried it everywhere; I was so shocked to see such an iconic accessory not included with any other figure.

GNT

Reaction score
Pretty sure he had the hood down when the mask was off.

Reaction score
Yeah, the hood better be removable. It looks ridiculous.
Also, why would they even bother giving this mold a hood when Kylo NEVER wore his hood up when the mask was off.

Reaction score
Yeah, the hood better be removable. It looks ridiculous.
Also, why would they even bother giving this mold a hood when Kylo NEVER wore his hood up when the mask was off.
Because if the screw it up now, then they'll totally be able to sell us another one or a TBS figure with a softgoods hood later down the line. Or maybe the non-sculpted hood down version will be in the armor up series.

Reaction score
That thing on the left was my favorite part of the movie. He carried it everywhere; I was so shocked to see such an iconic accessory not included with any other figure.
What would you rather be come with? Something completely ridiculous like a melted Vader helmet?!

Reaction score
Looks like the hood is removable, but that leaves him with no hood. Which is not screen accurate. I don't know why they didn't reuse the 'scarf' piece from the first one or the armor-up one...

Reaction score
They just had to mess it up, didn't they. Even if the hood is removable why even include it?

Reaction score
I will definitely get this as long as the hood is removable. You could always add the "scarf" from the Armor-Up figure if that is important to you...

Reaction score
This version of Kylo Ren had just as much screen time as Zuvio, so it fits into the Hasbro TFA really well.

Big pass for me.

Reaction score
This version of Kylo Ren had just as much screen time as Zuvio, so it fits into the Hasbro TFA really well.

Big pass for me.
Uh..this version had at least 15 minutes of screentime? What were you watching

Reaction score
I like it - especially the updated stance and what appears to be a "Force" hand sculpt. I'm assuming the hood / scarf are one piece at it will likely be removable. As a matter of fact, you can probably swap scarves with the other 5 POA Kylo figures to create a variety of combos. You might even be able to put this hood over the helmeted Armor-up figure...

Reaction score
So how many more of this guy will they make.
Just a different time, why when I was a boy you got one Vader, ONE!

Reaction score
Everybody be freaking out over this new unmasked kylo figure.

Relax. You all act like it's the only figure made that's not screen accurate or whatever.

Reaction score
The hood definitely throws off the overall aesthetic of the figure. It's also difficult to gauge the accuracy of the head sculpt but hopefully there is at least a passing likeness.

Reaction score
From that initial image this figure does look a disappointment. It really should have come with the hood down piece that came with the armour up figure, instead of this awful hood up. We will get multiple Ren figures ad-infinitum for the next few years, but that said, this is annoying. I am looking forward to a battle damaged Ren that will come someday.....

Reaction score
I wonder if there was originally a scene in the movie where Kylo had his mask off and hood up, but it just ended up on the cutting room floor (not literally, of course, since most movies are edited digitally these days). Obviously we're still getting figures designed prior to the final version of the film and it probably won't be until late-summer or early-fall that we start to get toys designed after Hasbro's toy designers saw the theatrical cut of TFA. That's the downside of an industry that requires a 12-18 month lead time for most of its products.

Either way, I liked Kylo enough in the movie so I'll probably get this figure and hope that the hood is removable.

Reaction score
Everyone is gonna be slapping that head on a BS, anyway. You know after they steal the scarf from the Armour Up. Hasbro sells 4 Rens, fans get 1 complete figure.

Welcome to the machine.

Reaction score
I wonder if there was originally a scene in the movie where Kylo had his mask off and hood up, but it just ended up on the cutting room floor (not literally, of course, since most movies are edited digitally these days). Obviously we're still getting figures designed prior to the final version of the film and it probably won't be until late-summer or early-fall that we start to get toys designed after Hasbro's toy designers saw the theatrical cut of TFA. That's the downside of an industry that requires a 12-18 month lead time for most of its products.

Either way, I liked Kylo enough in the movie so I'll probably get this figure and hope that the hood is removable.
I dont know, I am sure Hasbro werent going for screen accuracy here. I just wish they would realise they are terrible at the hood up look.

Reaction score
Everyone is gonna be slapping that head on a BS, anyway. You know after they steal the scarf from the Armour Up. Hasbro sells 4 Rens, fans get 1 complete figure.

Welcome to the machine.
True, and I blame the completists for this. Y'know, those guys who have been buying two of every figure (one to keep MOC and one to open) since 1995, regardless of the quality or repetitiveness of the release. If collectors hadn't told Hasbro that this was okay, back in 1996-1997, when they first started the practice, then we wouldn't be seeing the method employed so much today.

Reaction score
True, and I blame the completists for this. Y'know, those guys who have been buying two of every figure (one to keep MOC and one to open) since 1995, regardless of the quality or repetitiveness of the release. If collectors hadn't told Hasbro that this was okay, back in 1996-1997, when they first started the practice, then we wouldn't be seeing the method employed so much today.
And by the same token, the line would not have been as successful, and we may not have had near the diversity and depth in the 3.75 inch line that we've had over the years.

Reaction score
And by the same token, the line would not have been as successful, and we may not have had near the diversity and depth in the 3.75 inch line that we've had over the years.
​Hasbro does this though not paying enough attention, rather than a business reason though, right?!

Reaction score
For all we know there may have been a scene cut from the film where Ren had this look (maybe the shot from the first teaser where he ignites the saber outside with the hood up). Why is this such a big deal?

Reaction score
For all we know there may have been a scene cut from the film where Ren had this look (maybe the shot from the first teaser where he ignites the saber outside with the hood up). Why is this such a big deal?
Figures that are not screen accurate, can be a big deal in a world where adults obsessively use their money for little plastic toys made for children, for fun, and then discuss them online. ;)

Reaction score
I have just seen a picture of the next wave of 3 3/4 force awakens figures 5 poa about from two or three they seem to be the same figures we have already had , bigbadtoys was were I seen the images I really hope this isn't the case