Kylo Ren - Armor Up

Reaction score
I passed on this guy because of the price and I assumed he would have his hood up for most of the movie. Seems the opposite was the case.
I did the same and I'm kicking myself for it after having seen the movie. I actually saw one of these about a week before the movie came out at a Target. That was the last I saw of this set.

Reaction score
I'm sure this figure will see a re-release somewhere along the line. perhaps as a single carded release with a BAD weapon and not the armor up piece. Hasbro would be foolish not to rerelease this version.

Reaction score
Picked up another one of these at Target today. Swapped headsculpts with the BS 3.75"

Reaction score
How do you switch the heads between this figure and the BS 3.75 Kylo? I tried hallowing out the head with a knife but that doesn't seem to do it.

Reaction score
Just saw this guy again at TRU...for the low price of $15. Ugh. This needs to be released on single card. I can't justify $15.
I saw one at Target on Saturday.
I agree, I can't bring myself to pay $15 for one 5poa figure and on op of that, an accessory that will never come out of the package.

Reaction score
Any way you could go into more detail? like how difficult is it? Considering getting a dremel myself but don't want to drop the cash if I'm just going to fail miserably.

Reaction score
It's a lot of cash to drop on a tool. A Dremel is basically a small drilling tool that can run at very high RPM. It's like a hand drill but since it's smaller, you have better control and buy lots of attachments to suit your needs. I have one but rarely use it to modify action figures. If you need to widen the hole of a figure's head, it can be achieved by clapping down the head for security then CAREFULLY use a hand drill with the proper sized drill bit. Please oh please don't used a knife to widen a circular hole, that's butchery. I don't care if you are using an Exacto, that's not right. Dremels are like any other tool, you must have hours of practice before you get proficient. If you just want a wider hole, just use a drill bit. It depends on your skill level.

Reaction score
Honestly, depending on what your doing you don't even need a real dremel. It has the advantage of having a variable speeds plus the extra tools. I had one, let a friend borrow it, he lost it. I replaced it with a cheap one speed tool from harbor freight and it's worked just as well. I just have to be a little more careful as it's on full speed.

Reaction score
I got my Kylo Rens this week. I finally bought the Basic and Armour Up versions. I couldn't decide if I wanted to display the Armour up version, but I had to buy it in case I do. But I imagine I will only ever have 2 Kylos in my display. The mask on hood up version and no mask no hood version. That said this version with the mask on but the good down is so cool. I am well pleased with this figure. I know not everyone likes 5POA, but IMO this on is a real beauty.