Kylo Ren - Armor Up

Reaction score
Wow. I picked them up force Friday. Definitely not swappers. It does fit like **** though! Maybe if I write to Hasbro they will send me Poe's X-Wing

Reaction score
Definitely a variant or something. Mine looks totally different are are not the same sculpt at all.

Reaction score
The scarf is the "same sculpt" in some sense. If you look carefully you can see common folds and wrinkles. It appears that the same digital file was just altered to add/subtract a hood and move some of the folds and wrinkles around enough to make it appear different. They did the same thing with the legs on both figures. Both are the same digital sculpt, they just played around with the digital fabric around the legs. They also did this with the left arm by adding/subtracting the fist/hand.

Reaction score
Whatever...it's still not the same sculpt. I get the digital file manipulation. It's still not the same.

Reaction score
Live-chatted with Hasbro. They don't have the figure to replace this one in stock. He said they'd send me a random one. Gee thanks, that'll fix the problem! H then said they'd order me one to send out when it becomes available but don't hold my breath.

So, I bought another on Amazon. Gonna swap the piece and return it with a note to send it back to hasbro, not resell it

GNT

Reaction score
While there's a slight variation I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's a minor issue, not really worth making a fuss over. Besides who has his back showing anyways on the shelf to even see the missing hood part anyways?

Reaction score
For a figure with 1980's articulation that I paid $15 for, I want it right. And I may be displaying him backwards someday. Don't know the scenes yet but the 5poa will be replaced by SA versions in the future. He'll be my backfacing Kylo.

Reaction score
While there's a slight variation I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's a minor issue, not really worth making a fuss over. Besides who has his back showing anyways on the shelf to even see the missing hood part anyways?
I don't think anyone is really making a fuss.

I guess they should just not paint the back of any figures since they generally aren't displayed that way...

Reaction score
Discussion on a discussion forum is now equated to making a fuss. Even if the figure has the wrong parts. Even if no arguing occurs. It's "a fuss", which you are wrong for after paying $13 for the figure. You should know that no one looks at the back of figures anyway.

Reaction score
It must be some variant or batch error that was corrected rather than a one-off, because my Armor Up Kylo arrived today from Amazon, and same story as Cramer's: identical cape to the basic Kylo, no hood...though it's weird because the sculpt sort of suggests a hood there.

GNT

Reaction score
It must be some variant or batch error that was corrected rather than a one-off, because my Armor Up Kylo arrived today from Amazon, and same story as Cramer's: identical cape to the basic Kylo, no hood...though it's weird because the sculpt sort of suggests a hood there.
Any date stamps would be helpful to determine when it was made.

If it wasn't painted or was a completely different colour then I'd be concerned and annoyed but for me the overall aspect of the figure remains the same. If I had it in my collection I wouldn't bother trying to replace it as minor changes don't bug me, the figure still looks good and has the same effect regardless when displayed.

Reaction score
Any date stamps would be helpful to determine when it was made.

If it wasn't painted or was a completely different colour then I'd be concerned and annoyed but for me the overall aspect of the figure remains the same. If I had it in my collection I wouldn't bother trying to replace it as minor changes don't bug me, the figure still looks good and has the same effect regardless when displayed.
Could it be that Hasbro thought the hood would interfere with how the armor fit on the figure?

Reaction score
I'd be annoyed if my armor up Kylo Ren came without the hood scuplted at the back of his shawl but that's the OCD in me. :)

Reaction score
I bought this on Kohls.com for around 8.00 and it came with the hood down sculpt.

Reaction score
Live-chatted with Hasbro. They don't have the figure to replace this one in stock. He said they'd send me a random one. Gee thanks, that'll fix the problem! H then said they'd order me one to send out when it becomes available but don't hold my breath.

So, I bought another on Amazon. Gonna swap the piece and return it with a note to send it back to hasbro, not resell it

So the 2nd one I bought off amazon had the wrong cape piece too. I gave up and forgot about it until today I had an unexpected box from Hasbro. It's the figure with the CORRECT cape! I love it. Going in center of display.

Reaction score
I think I may eventually pick this one up to open. My single-carded BAW Kylo will remain in the package, but I like seeing his helmet with the hood down.
Now to just find it for a reasonable price.

Anyone know what stores have the best prices on Armor Up figs?

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing restocks of the Armor Up series at all? Once my area sold out of them, they never restocked at all. I bought this guy at Kohls for $18, which I was mad about at the time, but since I've never seen the line again at all, I've become grateful to have gotten him at all.

Reaction score
That's kind of what I was saying about the Walmart 3.75" figures. There's so many issues with Star Wars toys/stores/ Hasbro that crazy prices almost seem Like a bargain.

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing restocks of the Armor Up series at all? Once my area sold out of them, they never restocked at all. I bought this guy at Kohls for $18, which I was mad about at the time, but since I've never seen the line again at all, I've become grateful to have gotten him at all.
I'm not seeing them around at all, either. I thought at the price that they would pegwarm crazily, but other than one or two (typically finn and poe) at each store, these things are nonexistent.

Reaction score
Right because if you can't find a single carded Kylo Ren, but this is sitting on the peg, eventually what do you think people are going to start doing? Biting the bullet and buying the armor up.

Reaction score
Right because if you can't find a single carded Kylo Ren, but this is sitting on the peg, eventually what do you think people are going to start doing? Biting the bullet and buying the armor up.
Right, but I'm talking about the entire line. Kylo is going to sell regardless of price or scale. But I haven't seen restocks of the Armor Up figures at all. They are completely wiped out in my area.

Reaction score
Because Hasbro under estimated the demand. (Personally I believe Hasbros approach to toy making as shifted to incorporate manipulating the market). Many people will laugh at this and say things like "another conspiracy theory". That's all good and well until you consider the money involved in licenses like Star Wars. It's counter intuitive to think about toys in this way. But even Lucas himself acknowledged the relevance of toys in the movie business. Most of the money came from toy sales. Since the world is changing and toys are slipping into irrelevancy, I think Hasbro decided to go on the offensive and make sure toys stay relevant, since it's the business they're in.

Reaction score
I'm not seeing them around at all, either. I thought at the price that they would pegwarm crazily, but other than one or two (typically finn and poe) at each store, these things are nonexistent.

Same here in Australia. No restocks in general, and Finn and Poe remain on the pegs. Will be interesting to see how this plays-out.