Kylo Ren - Armor Up

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the Kylo Ren Armor Up figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This might sound weird. But, I think I really like the armor piece. Wouldn't it be a kick, if I only bought this figure for the armor? Once I see a better pic, or it in person. I might just have to get a few on clearance for some custom projects.

Reaction score
I might get this version because his hood is down, revealing the full helmet. I believe the basic carded version has the sculpted hood as part of the head.

GNT

Reaction score
I might get this version because his hood is down, revealing the full helmet. I believe the basic carded version has the sculpted hood as part of the head.
Good eyes, I might just have to get this one now :p

Reaction score
I noticed this as well. Probably gonna get him for that reason alone.

Reaction score
I love this figure. Kylo is really growing on me. I hope they don't pull a Darth Maul on this one!
I'm confident that Kylo will be in future installments of the ST...

****SPOILER ALERT (below)****

Given the information that he's actually joined a group called the "Knights of Ren" (and that the name "Ren" is actually a title), it seems pretty obvious that we're set up for him being a member of the Skywalker/Solo family...in some way. I can't imagine Disney would kill off a character right off the bat who is poised for a major character arc...

Reaction score

Given the information that he's actually joined a group called the "Knights of Ren" (and that the name "Ren" is actually a title), it seems pretty obvious that we're set up for him being a member of the Skywalker/Solo family...in some way. I can't imagine Disney would kill off a character right off the bat who is poised for a major character arc...
Unless they have an even cooler character planned for the next film.......:sneaky:

Reaction score
Hey Dog!! We heard you like gas masks...so we put armor on you with a gas mask over your gas mask and then extra gas masks to gas those gas masks!!

Reaction score
How much more awesome would this fig be if the lower cloak was separate from the legs.....
I find it very impressive that there's so much detail in each leg. I really dig these legs!
I also like that his right foot tip is at a slight angle. This allows for him to be put into a forward stride stance. Looks awesome.

Reaction score
I honestly prefer the standard release. I'm not a huge fan of the hoodless version.
I have both, but I think I'll just keep the Armor Up one in the box, I don't really need to have two of the same figure on display because of one slight variation. Still cool to have though.

Reaction score
Picked up today. Think he looks great with the hood down. Nice to see all the detail up close. Currently have him flanked by a Stormtrooper and a Flametrooper. The First Order is rising

Reaction score
I'd rather have armor up Kylo than regular single carded Kylo.

12-13 bucks for a deluxe armor up figure is the same as a single carded figure.

Reaction score

Who is to say he is not a nobody and the next villain will be either another knight of Ren or the entire order or maybe even Ren's boss

Spoiler:  
we wont know untill the movie weather Snoke is or is not his boss

Reaction score
I'd rather have armor up Kylo than regular single carded Kylo.

12-13 bucks for a deluxe armor up figure is the same as a single carded figure.
it's not the same figure. the head sculpt is different in the Armor Up version as compared to the regular version.

Reaction score
The legs, left arm, headsculpt and scarf are different.

Reaction score
hmm. I'll have to look at mine.
both versions have the same sculpt rags. Although the armor-up seems to have better definition. I can see the shape you perceive is the hood laying down. I can see it, but that means the basic figure has two hoods!

Reaction score
I'm at work I don't have the figures in front me but I thought the scarfs were different sculpts

Reaction score
Well he doesn't wear the stupid armor in the movie so it's not like a real issue.
actually that's not true. There's s scene in the movie where Kylo Ren, puts on a scuba mask with armor and swims to the bottom of an ocean to retrieve a missle, believed to be designed to fire from a hidden cannon that pops out of the center of the millennium falcon.

Reaction score
Ah perfect - I was just about to post pretty much the same picture (minus the MLP collection!)

Reaction score
actually that's not true. There's s scene in the movie where Kylo Ren, puts on a scuba mask with armor and swims to the bottom of an ocean to retrieve a missle, believed to be designed to fire from a hidden cannon that pops out of the center of the millennium falcon.
LOL! Good one.

I am quite fond of this hoodless version of Kylo. (It of course has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's the only Kylo Ren I've been able to find.) But seriously... it's a cool look.

Reaction score
I disagree. I'm looking at them now and they are definitely the same sculpt. One looks like it took to the mold better buy they are the same.