KY looking to network

Reaction score
The KSWCC auction is this Saturday 7/25 at Faith Lutheran Church (1000 Tates Creek Rd.) in Lexington. Bidding begins at 1:00 and goes until all items are sold. This is a fundraising event for KSWCC. Anyone is welcome to show up, hang out, and bid. If you have anything to donate (we're not picky) either bring it along Saturday or message me and I'll see if we can collect it from you in advance. Thanks - hope to see you there!

Reaction score
Man,I always miss all the good stuff.:( Stupid work!
As somebody put it to me earlier yesterday (while I was calling around trying to locate a Doctor Who variant I'd just learned about), we work so we can buy more toys. Sigh. He's totally right. Good call, man; good call.

And, Kevin, since some of us clearly can't attend, maybe you could take some photos and post some of them afterwards? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
We didn't get a lot of good pictures, but here are a few highlights!

We had a good time and raised a little money for the club. Our next big event is the Fall Festival in Louisville (New Albany actually) on 10/3. We also have regular monthly meetings happening in Lexington, Louisville, and Ashland. Come check us out. You can also "like" us on Facebook and / or join the forums at KSWCC.com.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, Kevin! It looks like quite an eclectic group (that's a compliment) and that everybody had a lot of fun. I especially like the second photo; that guy's expression (and stance) is hilarious!

Reaction score
Hey Lexingtonians, will anybody be doing Force Friday shopping? If you intend to, is there any interest in carpooling? I'll likely hit up the Disney Store, Toys'R'Us, Target, and Wal-mart (a progression down Nicholasville Road) - in that order, provided, of course, they are all participating. LMK by either PM'ing me or replying to this thread. Thanks all!

Reaction score
Apparently, nobody's posted on here in over 100 days. Sad. Anyway, how are you all? Survived (surviving) the holiday season? Did everybody get something (or everything) they wanted within their own celebrated traditions - Christmas, Chanukah, Festivus, Winter Solstice, etc.?

I finally treated myself to the deluxe Roxy Rocket action figure (I'll have to sarcastically thank Michael Crawford for the excellent review on his site, as I thought I'd be able to keep myself from purchasing it; but he gave it such a good review, and I've yet to be let down from his advice) from The New Batman Adventures (as I'm an avid BTAS and TNBA - new and vintage - collector). I also caved and pre-ordered 6" BS TFA Wave 6 from BBTS, as I know I'll never see Ahsoka in the wild. I essentially paid $119 to get a $20 figure. Then again, I also really want Kanan and Han, so that makes up for some of it. The Snowtrooper will look good alongside the TRU exclusive, but I don't need the second one and the ANH Luke sculpt doesn't look too promising...

Reaction score
I treated myself after Christmas to some star wars storm trooper holiday boxers! Now I can feel the force underneath from the dark side.:p But really just thought they were cool looking.:)

Reaction score
I really want the Imperial symbol knee-length socks (one black pair, one white pair) from ThinkGeek - since we're talking about apparel now. I wear knee-length socks all the time in the fall and winter, so these would be perfect.