KY looking to network

Reaction score
Hey, ramy, how was the gathering? Were there mainly commercial vendors or individual sellers? Did you pick up anything cool or interesting? What else was going on besides a sort of large garage sale (which is really how I pictured it)?

Reaction score
It was really good. We had Kim Simmons come and talk about some of the stuff he did. He was the person that shot the pictures which ended up on most of the packaging from the 80's Star Wars toys. There was a gift table for door prizes which was donated by several companies and also members of the group. There was enough prizes for everybody that came to get 2 prizes. I got a 6 inch Bib Fortuna and a character key of Asajj Ventress. LOL!
There were also sales from the members who had extra stuff and a sketch artist who did caricatures. We also had an artist who had prints and Kim Simmons was selling some of his prints too.

Reaction score
Ramy... Sounds cool! Thanks for the report!

I'm totally jealous of the Asajj character key, as that's on my want list! However, I will begrudgingly offer you congratulations! :p

Reaction score
Ramy... Sounds cool! Thanks for the report!

I'm totally jealous of the Asajj character key, as that's on my want list! However, I will begrudgingly offer you congratulations! :p
If you are interested in the character key I would be willing to sell it or trade something.

Reaction score
Will any Lexingtonians (yeah, 'cause that's a word) be venturing up to Cincy for the Cincinnati Toy & Collectible Show on Sunday, November 16th? I think I might be able to go, and if that is so, I'd be interested in carpooling.

Reaction score
Will any Lexingtonians (yeah, 'cause that's a word) be venturing up to Cincy for the Cincinnati Toy & Collectible Show on Sunday, November 16th? I think I might be able to go, and if that is so, I'd be interested in carpooling.
I think there are members of KSWCC that are going.

Reaction score
Just found the Walgreens Proto Fett here.:grin: Got the last one in the store.Lucky for me in the timing.

Reaction score
KSWCC holiday meetings are Saturday 12/13 (Ashland and Lexington) and Saturday 12/20 (Louisville). Find details at the KSWCC forum and Facebook page, or message me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last minute post... This weekend (March 13-15) is the 2015 Lexington Comic & Toy Convention. All information, including guests, exhibitors, ticket prices, location, vendors, etc. can be found here:

Lexington Comic & Toy Con 2015

Check it out! Star Wars-wise, Peter Mayhew will be there as well as Deep Roy, Jeremy Bulloch, and Jake Lloyd.

Reaction score
Hey, I still have that character key. I kept forgetting to send it. I will be at the Con tomorrow if you want to meet up?

Reaction score
Hello my Kentucky brethren! I have a huge rebelscum favor to ask someone who lives in the Lexington area. In addition to Star Wars I collect the Nintendo amiibos. As I'm sure most of yall already know, tracking down certain items can be a pain. After finding out that retail stores are incapable of shipping items/taking orders over the phone, I decided to put out a plea for help. Is there anyone who would be willing to go to the Target in Lexington, specifically at this address 131 West Reynolds Rd 40503-3599 and purchase a few of the Rosalina and Luma Target exclusive amiibo's for me? I'd pay for shipping, the items, and give you a little extra for your assistance. Based on DCPI inventory, it shows that this location has 31 in stock. Unfortunately I live too far away and every Target in my state is sold out. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind helping me out and we can work out all the nuts and bolts. Thanks

Reaction score
Hey, I still have that character key. I kept forgetting to send it. I will be at the Con tomorrow if you want to meet up?
Unfortunately, I will not be at the Con, as I have to work both Saturday and Sunday; I was simply giving it a little free advertising, as I'd like to see this sort of thing be a successful local, annual event. It's one of our four busiest times of year where I work, and I didn't know the Con was this particular weekend when I signed on for an extra shift on top of my regular shift. Blargh.

As to the Asajj character key, I actually went ahead and purchased one for myself many, many months ago, as I'd not heard anything from you in ages (we all get busy). I know you won the key, so I don't think I'm depriving you of anything financially. However, I do apologize if this puts you out in any way.

To those of you who are fortunate enough to attend this weekend, have a wonderful time! :)

P.S. I'm envious; I admit. I really wanted to meet Deep Roy, whom I knew as Mr. Sin long before I knew him as Droopy McCool. I have a MOSC Doctor Who action figure of Mr. Sin and his master Magnus Greel that I wanted him to sign. Even if I could make it, I'd be spending $20 just to get in to shop!

P.P.S. I know Kevin will be manning the KSWCC booth most of the weekend, so somebody go say "hi" to him on my behalf! Also, I have a couple of different friends - Brett Gray and Stevie Moore - exhibiting at the show, so make sure to check out their artwork as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello my Kentucky brethren! I have a huge rebelscum favor to ask someone who lives in the Lexington area. In addition to Star Wars I collect the Nintendo amiibos. As I'm sure most of yall already know, tracking down certain items can be a pain. After finding out that retail stores are incapable of shipping items/taking orders over the phone, I decided to put out a plea for help. Is there anyone who would be willing to go to the Target in Lexington, specifically at this address 131 West Reynolds Rd 40503-3599 and purchase a few of the Rosalina and Luma Target exclusive amiibo's for me? I'd pay for shipping, the items, and give you a little extra for your assistance. Based on DCPI inventory, it shows that this location has 31 in stock. Unfortunately I live too far away and every Target in my state is sold out. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind helping me out and we can work out all the nuts and bolts. Thanks
sorry man
I checked and they had zero
I have not seen that amiibo for a bit
ds

Reaction score
Starting to find single carded Rebels figures at Kroger's of all places. It might be worth a look.

Reaction score
Kohl's in Nicholasville had some double-pack Mission Series figures (including Sabine). Target on Reynolds Road had its usual nothing, and the Toy'R'Us by the mall had clearly gotten in a shipment recently of both single and double packs - but it was well picked through (leaving only Leia/Luke and the Hoth pack). I haven't seen any new Black Series (only looking for 6" myself) show up anywhere in the area.

Anybody else?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Checking in with my fellow Kentuckians. How's everybody doing? How are things on the collecting front? Anybody gotten any good deals as of late or scored something unexpectedly?

Also, does anybody have any plans to attend any of the upcoming Toy Shows or Comic Cons around Lexington (i.e. Cincinnati, Columbus, etc.)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hoping to make a few trades soon and waiting till fall for the new line of figures.Still wanting to get some of the rebels line though.

Reaction score
Haven't picked up anything locally, but have added a couple nice vintage pieces lately. I'll be at JediCon WV on 6/20 all day. The KSWCC auction is in Lexington this year; fall festival in Louisville. Below is a current calendar of Lexington-area KSWCC events. Regular meetings are also happening monthly in Ashland and Louisville.

June 20: JediCon West Virginia (Paden City)
June 27: Craig A. in Frankfort
July 18: OSWCC Summer Social (Columbus)
July 25: Auction (Lexington)
Aug. 7-9: Fandom Fest (Louisville)
August 22:
Sept. 4: Force Friday midnight madness
Sept. 11-13: Scarefest (Lexington)
Oct. 3: Fall Festival (Louisville)
October 24:
November 28:
December 18: Episode 7 premiere
December TBA: holiday gift exchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all of the updates!! :grin:

P.S. Ramy, I'd never even heard of the Kentucky Highlands Museum before... It looks like a bit of a mash-up between an historical museum, a house museum (at least originally), and a children's museum. Have you been?

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all of the updates!! :grin:

P.S. Ramy, I'd never even heard of the Kentucky Highlands Museum before... It looks like a bit of a mash-up between an historical museum, a house museum (at least originally), and a children's museum. Have you been?
I have but it has been years since I was there last.

Reaction score
This year I'm going to have to check out at least one of those events listed. Does Jedi-Con do an exclusive item for their show?

Reaction score
This year I'm going to have to check out at least one of those events listed. Does Jedi-Con do an exclusive item for their show?
This year will be my first there. I understand it's a smaller show, so I doubt they have any kind of exclusive.

Reaction score
This year will be my first there. I understand it's a smaller show, so I doubt they have any kind of exclusive.

Well at least lmk how it goes.If it's a good show,then I'd put it on my calender for next year.Enjoy the Con.

Reaction score
Has anybody sighted any of the newer 6" Black Series around town? I haven't been to Toys'R'Us recently, but Target on Reynolds Road is its usual barren wasteland. Admittedly though, the exclusive 4-pack of Jurassic World raptors is nice (and cheaper than buying each individually).

Reaction score
Also, does anybody have any Toy Con leads for KY or any of the states contiguous to KY? I plan on attending both the Columbus Toy Show in September and the Cincinnati one in October (which I went to last year - it was great fun!), but what else is going on? Day trips are preferable.

Reaction score
I don't know of any other toy-specific cons in the area. Knoxville Fanboy Expo can be worth the trip, though. I've also heard good things about Indy's Fan Days. A bit of a longer drive, but Cook County in Chicago is legendary.