KY looking to network

Reaction score
Cardinals!

Just wanted to congratulate the Louisville Cardinals on the big win! Beat those smurfs down! uk supposed be sec?

Now back on topics!

Got my vintage wave 9 figures from EE. Great Stuff!

Reaction score
Yes, on topic, apologies for my last post.

I recently picked up the 30th Anniversary McQuarrie concept Boba Fett at a local shop.
He's my favorite piece so far!

Reaction score
Yes, on topic, apologies for my last post.

I recently picked up the 30th Anniversary McQuarrie concept Boba Fett at a local shop.
He's my favorite piece so far!
Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but this is pretty much on topic. I'll be in Lexington for a very short time next week. Any suggestions on places I should check for Star Wars coolness? I seem to recall a place on Southland Drive that I'd like to hit. I also recall a place not far from Broadway. Imperial Plaza? It was overpriced, but had a decent selection a decade ago.

Does the Comic Connection still exist and is it worth a stop these days? Any help would be hot. Thanks!

Reaction score
New figures found at WM in and around the Louisville area. Seems like some of the Revenge figs are going to hang around on the pegs for awhile.

Reaction score
If anybody's looking for the new TF Generations figures - Junkheap and Sky Shadow - the Hamburg Target had several an hour ago (as well as plenty of Wheeljacks, Kups, and Warpaths), on sale for $6.99.

Reaction score
Found tpm vintage wave today local Louisville. Wave is pretty underwhelming. Ben Quadinaros is pretty cool however.

Reaction score
Hey,I live in Shelbyville,so I get into Louisville alot and Lexington some.Got a good pick-up a little over a month ago at a shop just past Rupp. I got friends in Lex. I visit from time to time,but I still get lost every time there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The charity droid pins for Episode 1 are on sale at Tinseltown movie theater on Westport Rd. in Louisville.The cost is 3 bucks and it goes to a local charity too.

Reaction score
Oh the sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home!!
Just wanted to say congrats to the University of Kentucky Wildcats! National Champs!!
Number 8, feels great!!

Reaction score
What's up folks? I'm from Indianapolis, but relocating to the Lexington area for work. I'm a steadfast SW collector of everything from vintage and new carded figures to helmets and other high priced items. There's a link to my figure collector in my signature.

I'm just hoping to network with other fans and collectors. Is there a large community here? Any scalpels? Indy has a fair number of collectors, including some guys that grab up any tough to find figures in hopes of selling them on EBay stores. We even have some tool that likes to bend cards in stores to make it tough to find quality figures.

Any chance there is an organized collector club?

Reaction score
KSWCC.com

welcome to ky.

sadly lexington has it ups and downs. distro is slower than nky and cincy. kswcc has a lexington group I think. Lots of scalpers sadly. Do a distance search on ebay active and completed. One guy from Gtown hits TRU every truck day. The collector stores are really crowded and outdated. Prices on ebay are cheaper for older figures. I hit them when in town but usually for comic value. One on Waller Ave, comic interlude and one on southland drive, a plus comics. Those are the 2 best both sadly both have their darksides. They even or have in he past offered me money to bring them new figures at a small profit :( I live close to lexington and am a member of OSWCC and mail figures out all the time to local guys. Mailing a MM Gordon today to Sean D in cincy :) PM jedi turok above hes a good resource for kswcc and cool guy. pm me if you need any help as well.

good luck

ds

Reaction score
huge sell off

hello

Im on my week off from work and my mother calle dme about having a yardsale with her. Ive decided to sell off a ton of my stuff loose and carded. marvel, dc, star wars, gijoe, motuc assorted other lines. im selling a ton f stuff to make room in my collection. i think we are having the sale for 3 days thursday friday and saturday. it will be roughly 50 miles from lex or cincy nky area. trust me the prices will be well worth it lol. im selling over 12 larges totes of packaged items, plus big items imperial shuttle atat etc..... also a lot of loose itemss.

loose 3.75 inch figures 2-3 bucks carded figures of same scale 3-4 bucks plus im always up to haggling lol

lots of cheap items in boxes loose for .25 and .50

lot of newer items as well i know there is a mon cal pilot, aurra mawhonic etcc.......

lots of antiques, yound child toys from my son imaginext etc......

pm me for times and directions

ill try and post pic if i get it all staged in the garage tonight.

thaanks

ds

Reaction score
hello

Im on my week off from work and my mother calle dme about having a yardsale with her. Ive decided to sell off a ton of my stuff loose and carded. marvel, dc, star wars, gijoe, motuc assorted other lines. im selling a ton f stuff to make room in my collection. i think we are having the sale for 3 days thursday friday and saturday. it will be roughly 50 miles from lex or cincy nky area. trust me the prices will be well worth it lol. im selling over 12 larges totes of packaged items, plus big items imperial shuttle atat etc..... also a lot of loose itemss.

loose 3.75 inch figures 2-3 bucks carded figures of same scale 3-4 bucks plus im always up to haggling lol

lots of cheap items in boxes loose for .25 and .50

lot of newer items as well i know there is a mon cal pilot, aurra mawhonic etcc.......

lots of antiques, yound child toys from my son imaginext etc......

pm me for times and directions

ill try and post pic if i get it all staged in the garage tonight.

thaanks

ds
Got anything left from the garage sale?

Reaction score
August18th OSWCC south Meeting and area report.

hello everyone one..... 1 is there anyone here?

Anyway time for the monthly oswcc south August meeting.....Its actually in KY but its ohios south meeting.....you can see Ohio from my porch.....does that count?

Anyway August 18th 2 pm to whenever?

Bring stuff for show and tell, trade or sell......

Ill have some good deals for all to be had, damaged packaged Hasbro items basic figures(newer stuff) for $3.00 lots of Hasbro stuff etc....Buy cheap from me! lol

Good people and a good time to be had.....Last year we had a pretty epic nerf gun battle. Im still finding darts around the house.

PM to RSVP or get directions.

Later

DS

Oh area report Kmart seen the new atst x 2 at each store. no 2 packs yet

Toys rus 3 of 5? ewok and yavin sets. I opened one set, one set is spoken for and one set will be for sale at the meeting unless I get a good trade before then.

Last edited:
Reaction score
wow, one year and almost a full day w/o one post...but then w/ 2012 and 2013 so far..it's no wonder at all

Reaction score
Here,I'm in the Shelbyville area and I'm looking to trade some stuff.I got no room for it anymore and could use some things.I don't get much time to post because of work schedule but I've been a long time collector and would be willing to post about stores in my area and also would like to trade items for even different lines too. So,I would like to join in the fun,if it's ok with everybody else?:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing to report from here in Shelbyville,move along. And my walmart does not carry star wars figs anymore.Nice move guys...:mad:

Reaction score
KSWCC will have its annual swap meet on 4/12 from 1-4 at Lakewood Baptist Church in Louisville. Free and open to the public - anyone is welcome to show up to buy, sell, and / or trade. Hope to see you there!

Reaction score
Oh what type of event is it? Like a silent auction or something different?
Not a silent auction. There can be anything auctioned off, not just Star Wars stuff.
All the money we make goes to our general fund to help out in the events we do
throughout the year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well that's definitely cool then.I may see about getting off work for that.Is it only once a year and is it only star wars stuff or other toy lines too.Maybe walking dead?

Reaction score
Hey there, fellow central Kentuckians! I was surprised to find a thread dedicated to Lexington, as our population doesn't even reach 300,000. I just wanted to send a virtual shout-out - a sign of solidarity to local geeks, dorks, and nerds alike.

I'm all about collecting (my poor, poor wallet), so perhaps I'll try posting a list of things I'm interested in buying (Clone Wars, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, DC Comics, etc.). I'm cheap, so saving money on shipping would please me to no end.

Reaction score
Hey there, fellow central Kentuckians! I was surprised to find a thread dedicated to Lexington, as our population doesn't even reach 300,000. I just wanted to send a virtual shout-out - a sign of solidarity to local geeks, dorks, and nerds alike.

I'm all about collecting (my poor, poor wallet), so perhaps I'll try posting a list of things I'm interested in buying (Clone Wars, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, DC Comics, etc.). I'm cheap, so saving money on shipping would please me to no end.
Check out this site for fellow collectors in KY. www.kswcc.com/forum
I am in the Ashland area myself and this site encompasses the entire state.

Reaction score
The Lexington Toy Report

Check out my Walgreens' finds (or lack thereof) on this post: 6" Black Series: Walgreens.

Oddly enough, the second Walgreens (on Nicholasville Road, near Trader Joe's), had the 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver for $19.99 and a couple of the 3.75" wave 3 figures (the 10th Doctor and a classic Dalek from "Genesis of the Daleks") for $9.99 each.

Toys'R'Us by the Fayette Mall was much more of a bonanza, and both sides of one whole aisle are dedicated to everything Star Wars They did not have any of the new BS nor had they gotten in any of the Rebels Mission or Saga series items (admittedly, I'm disappointed; I can't wait to snag a "Jedi Reveal" pack). They had some of the older waves, both single packs (lots of Yodas) and double packs. Additionally, they did have a bunch older 6" BS figures, including Slave Leia, ANH Han, Greedo, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and maybe Darth Maul as well as tons of older 3.75" BS figures. I don't recall what 3.75" ones were there, as I'm not picking up any of those, but I can say they didn't have anything rare. On the plus side, the Cantina showdown set is there ($49.99; $39.99 at TRU online) as is the AT-ST Endor set ($99.99; $79.99 at TRU online).

Also new are the Jakks Pacific 31" line, and Darth Vader, the Inquisitor, and the 501st legion Stormtrooper are there for $34.99 each (cheaper than I've seen online anywhere; in fact, Vader is $28.99 at TRU online). I guess I didn't exactly think about how large 31" is, but these guys are HUGE! There is also a lone 20" Jakks Pacific Chewbacca. The Darth Vader chair is also in stock as well as the exclusive X-Wing, but I can't recall the asking prices. They have tons of Lego sets in stock, which fill more than half of the right aisle.

I didn't see any SW Halloween items, although there were the usual dress-up gear and costumes as well as backpacks, which I didn't pay much mind (so I can't tell you what was there or how much things cost). I did locate a few Christmas ornaments outside of the SW aisle (with the other holiday stuff), three classics (Darth Vader, Yoda, and R2) and one Rebels (Chopper). These were relatively weighty and solid in structure, whereas the other two - a Stormtrooper with an elf hat and candy cane and a Darth Vader with Santa hat and lightsaber (I think) - were glossy plastic. Lastly, they had one ball ornament, and it was the Rebels crew.

On the non-SW side, TRU did have a nice range of the newest Simpsons figures (finally got Mark Hamill, which I realize is from the first wave, but it's taken me this long to find him in store) in both scales, particularly the larger (for $11.99 each). They even had the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver but no action figures of any scale. Beneath that were five full pegs of wave 2 NECA scalers for $4.99 each, which included Iron Man, Knifehead, the Joker, Batman, and Cornelius.

Target was a complete wash. They had gotten nothing new in in the past month or so and still have about eight 6" BS Slave Leias (and nothing else) warming the pegs there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You should check out the Star Wars Halloween door greeters on the shelf at Walmart. They have Vader,Yoda and a cute Chewie.They stand about 2 1/2 feet tall and they're less than 20 bucks.

Reaction score
I'm afraid of some of the people that shop Wal-Mart. Especially late at night.o-o I've seen the Youtube videos. Just scary.

Reaction score
I see from the RS home page that there will be a SW gathering this Saturday the 20th on Tates Creek. I wish I could go, but as it is, I have to work. :(

Will any of you other fellow Kentuckians be attending?

Last edited: