Kotobukiya Q&A thread for gai_KOTO_jin

Reaction score
Really excited for all the new stuff. $49 for just a droid is a bit steep.

Reaction score
I am dying to get my hands on some cantina band or max rebo band but if Koto released a jawa pack I am all for it!

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
I'll keep an eye out for them

Last edited:
Reaction score
No Koto plans for characters from the animated Rebels series? How about an Ahsoka (1/7)???
Rebels in 1/7 would be awesome.

Kanan with blaster in one hand and lightsaber in the other, the Grand Inquisitor, Thrawn, maybe Hera and Chopper together, Etc.

Reaction score
Hi did these come out? R-3PO and the other one?

R-3PO is on Barnes & Noble's website at a cost of $49.95, says temporarily out of stock but the release date says the 15th of this month so I assume that'll be the order date?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw that. I thought I missed out on it. Some have popped up on ebay.

Reaction score
Any insight into why the new 1/7 ANH Vader is smaller than the rest of the 1/7 line?

Reaction score
Any insight into why the new 1/7 ANH Vader is smaller than the rest of the 1/7 line?
I was told ages ago that the 1:7 scale line was really bigger than it should've been & that the Tie Fighter Pilot was at the time smaller because it was the proper scale compared to the others in the line, it made sense as many of my 1:6 scale statues are the same size as the Koto figures, this Vader is probably just more accurate scale wise.

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered the 1/7 ESB Yoda, why doesn't he have his own thread yet?

(I have since noticed that it is a reissue which may answer my question)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very disappointed in Koto right now. Q2 is one of my favorite astromechs, and was really looking forward to purchasing Koto's version of him. Now, I'll likely be passing. Gai_Koto_jin, could you please pass this image along to the appropriate people within your organization and ask them to make sure they're using better reference material for future astromech releases? This is pretty inexcusable in my opinion. The stripes on the dome aren't even close to being accurate....

Reaction score
The Celebration Exclusives droids, will you be able to buy in kotobukiya's website? or only in the event?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Celebration Exclusives droids, will you be able to buy in kotobukiya's website? or only in the event?
"They'll go up on the koto website for preorder if previous years are anything to go by, I live in the U.K. & preorder the convention exclusives direct so I don't miss out." - From Kev, on another thread where the same question was asked.

Reaction score
"They'll go up on the koto website for preorder if previous years are anything to go by, I live in the U.K. & preorder the convention exclusives direct so I don't miss out." - From Kev, on another thread where the same question was asked.
Perfect for me. I live in Spain

Reaction score
No plans at the moment. I would have to double check and see if we have Rebels in our licensing agreement, though I know we have Rogue One as an option...

Reaction score
No plans at the moment. I would have to double check and see if we have Rebels in our licensing agreement, though I know we have Rogue One as an option...
Get Rebels!

The world needs an Ahsoka ArtFX! (Not ArtFX+....an ArtFX)

Reaction score
I love the droids, and with the new head sculpts we might get to see some more of these guys (and girls). What would be the chances of ME-8D9 (The Force Awakens new Maz's palace droid)? TC-70 (Jabba's mishmash painted translator from The Clone Wars)? an Attack of the Clones C-3PO? Or perhaps a Death Star Droid?

Reaction score
Own the TFA droid three pack & pre-ordered K-2SO. An ARTFX+ Chopper would be another good regular release.

With the releases of the celebration exclusive astromechs what are the chances we could get a Chopper in the same scale?

Reaction score
gai_KOTO_jin, in the Rebelscum pics from SWCO, it shows an ARTFX+ Finn as stormtrooper (FN-2187 with bloody helmet), but the name card says "FN-2199." In a youtube video, I saw an actual FN-2199 (aka Riot Control FO Stormtrooper) as well. Will we be getting both separately or as a 2-pack? Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. I found the answer in the Koto panel slide show. Evidently, it's a single stormtrooper statue with the options of using the unmasked Finn head, bloody helmet, or clean helmet with riot baton and shield. I should've guess as there's no way Koto would sell a 2-pack at MSRP of $69.99. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Koto "plates"? I'm dying to get one of the Millennium Falcon ones.

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Koto "plates"? I'm dying to get one of the Millennium Falcon ones.
The lunch plates are not part of our worldwide contract, and are seeing release in Japan only (possible a couple other Asia regions). Same with the BB-8 and Darth Vader frying pans (fairly small pans, meant for making character images on pancakes).

Reaction score
Hi, I've noticed a few re-releases popping up here and there. Any plans to re-release the ARTFX+ Sandtrooper two pack and / or the Sandtrooper Sargeant statues?

Reaction score
Hi, I've noticed a few re-releases popping up here and there. Any plans to re-release the ARTFX+ Sandtrooper two pack and / or the Sandtrooper Sargeant statues?
I don't see a re-production listed on the Sand Troopers at this point.

I did recently see some concepts for potential upcoming 2 packs that I think people will like. I'm not sure when the announcement will be made on them, perhaps San Diego Comic Con at the earliest? Consider this a teaser, I guess.

Reaction score
Hi gai_KOTO_jin

About artfx+ line...

We have Jango, Grevious and Maul from precuels... when Count Dooku? and Qui-Gon Jinn? is it possible in the future? I need a Dooku at least.

Regards from Spain,
Jose

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did recently see some concepts for potential upcoming 2 packs that I think people will like. I'm not sure when the announcement will be made on them, perhaps San Diego Comic Con at the earliest? Consider this a teaser, I guess.
I have my fingers crossed for a Scout Trooper 2-pack. :ninja:

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, my time with Kotobukiya is drawing to a close, so I will no longer be able to participate in these forums as a representative of the company. It was a pleasure meeting you all and discussing our Star Wars product. Sometimes, life happens (it's not all bad), and it is time for me to move on (if you don't mind me dropping some personal information, I got engaged last weekend, among other changes coming up...).

I was a Star Wars fan long before I worked for Kotobukiya, and that hasn't changed. I will likely create a new account here, as I am still a fan of the products, but I won't be able to give any direct info. I don't yet know if anyone else will be taking over as a liaison for this forum.

Thank you for all the feedback and discussions, and May the Force be with you!