Kotobukiya Q&A thread for gai_KOTO_jin

Reaction score
Sideshow & Hot Toys are pumping out the merch & taking advantage of the hype. With Star Wars being an ongoing movie thing now, now would be the time to really jump on the band wagon & crank out the collectibles.

Reaction score
I have to keep a lid on answering some questions regarding what's coming for a little while- I wouldn't want to jump the gun on San Diego Comic Con or New York Comic Con reveals.

Looking at the scheduling calendar, I suspect some of your questions will have to wait until NYCC.

Reaction score
I have to keep a lid on answering some questions regarding what's coming for a little while- I wouldn't want to jump the gun on San Diego Comic Con or New York Comic Con reveals.

Looking at the scheduling calendar, I suspect some of your questions will have to wait until NYCC.
We can hope for these 2 guys in 1/10 scale :

Reaction score
I think I can safely say we do have some Rogue One products in the lineup. As for which characters, both individual and 2 pack, are in the lineup, I believe our marketing guys are timing that reveal to coincide with New York Comic-Con, so you still have a short time to wait.

Reaction score
i heard of rumor that r4 and r5's astros are coming to the 1/10 line. is there any other news you can share about this? i am excited about r2-q2 coming in november. i hope this line continues. i love me some droids.

Reaction score
i heard of rumor that r4 and r5's astros are coming to the 1/10 line. is there any other news you can share about this? i am excited about r2-q2 coming in november. i hope this line continues. i love me some droids.
There are more types of droids, astromech and otherwise, on the way. But why would you want an R5? I heard that series had bad motivators.

Reaction score
Jenn, R4 and R5 units aren't rumors, they were officially revealed by Koto at one of the big cons last year. No pics of the actual models or even which R4 and R5 they would be releasing first, just that those types of 'mechs were coming. I think the safe money is on R5-D4 and R4-M9, both no-brainers. I dont' think Q2 was officially revealed by Koto yet though. That photo going around was either a leak or a fabrication by some cruel fan.

Reaction score
Jenn, R4 and R5 units aren't rumors, they were officially revealed by Koto at one of the big cons last year. No pics of the actual models or even which R4 and R5 they would be releasing first, just that those types of 'mechs were coming. I think the safe money is on R5-D4 and R4-M9, both no-brainers. I dont' think Q2 was officially revealed by Koto yet though. That photo going around was either a leak or a fabrication by some cruel fan.
I thought the q2 was announced at this years SDCC... Was going to be a Barnes and Noble exclusive along with R-3po. Ah bummer if this isn't true.

Reaction score
I thought the q2 was announced at this years SDCC... Was going to be a Barnes and Noble exclusive along with R-3po. Ah bummer if this isn't true.
R2-Q2 and R-3PO will be single pack figures, and should be out toward the end of the year/early next year (I have the factory ship dates, but there's still the logistics of shipping and distribution).

I'm not outright confirming, but R5-D4 is probably a safe bet, indeed.

There's another droid two pack in the planning stages I'm personally quite excited about, likely a convention exclusive somewhere along the line. More details might be coming at New York Comic Con next month.

Reaction score
R2-Q2 and R-3PO will be single pack figures, and should be out toward the end of the year/early next year (I have the factory ship dates, but there's still the logistics of shipping and distribution).

I'm not outright confirming, but R5-D4 is probably a safe bet, indeed.

There's another droid two pack in the planning stages I'm personally quite excited about, likely a convention exclusive somewhere along the line. More details might be coming at New York Comic Con next month.

this is all great news! My wallet will be waiting.

Reaction score
Glad to hear Q2 is indeed coming out soon! As for the next droid 2-pack, shall we start placing bets now? :grin:

My guess is either a pack w/ R5-A2 and R2-A5, the 'mechs who rolled in front of Luke's speeder:

Or a 2-pack w/ R5-K6 and R2-X2!

Reaction score
Is there going to be any info on the release date for ANH Obi-Wan at NYCC?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great work on the Rogue one troopers!!!
And Rey and obi look fantastic at this point!!!

Any chances of a Rey and bb8 two pack?
Or a solo bb8?

Reaction score
Thank you, Koto, for finally making my most requested astromechs, R2-Q2 and R2-X2!! Better start saving now for all those Celebration exclusives! So, Gai_Koto_jin, is it too early to start campaigning for my next most wanted astromech, R5-K6?;)

Reaction score
Thank you, Koto, for finally making my most requested astromechs, R2-Q2 and R2-X2!! Better start saving now for all those Celebration exclusives! So, Gai_Koto_jin, is it too early to start campaigning for my next most wanted astromech, R5-K6?;)
I second the request for R5-K6, maybe as part of a two pack with Garven Dreis.

Reaction score
same characters.. or same moulds with different paints... I really wish Koto started digging into the OT with all those creatures they could do.. I am a huge fan of Koto and I would prefer vinyl over resin anytime.. but... I just cannot collect the same characters on and on and on...

Reaction score
same characters.. or same moulds with different paints... I really wish Koto started digging into the OT with all those creatures they could do.. I am a huge fan of Koto and I would prefer vinyl over resin anytime.. but... I just cannot collect the same characters on and on and on...
Hmm... we're getting, obiwan, new molds as well with fin, Rey and rogue one troopers... I'm happy with that... but I agree that a jawa two pack, bossk, and tuskin raiders are well over due...

Reaction score
jawa two pack, bossk, and tuskin raiders! IG-88! Dearth Star Droids! Scout Troopers!

Reaction score
No Koto plans for characters from the animated Rebels series? How about an Ahsoka (1/7)???