Kotobukiya Q&A thread for gai_KOTO_jin

Reaction score
Rather than hijacking another thread in this section every time we have a question for gai_KOTO_jin (apologies to kebron, his thread being the most recent) I thought it would be a better idea to pose our questions in one place like Sergiu suggested/asked a while ago i.e. as they do it in the Gentle Giant area of the forum (with Greg)..., I always have questions & it makes more sense to have the answers in one place to refer back to rather than hunting through every topic in the Kotobukiya section looking for a question you brought up however long ago.... :|

Reaction score
So, to get us under way I have a question for gai_KOTO_jin...

I noticed you said Kotobukiya aren't making anymore 2 pack Stormtroopers at present..., a retailer I purchase quite a bit off has been waiting for his wholesaler to give him an estimate (date wise) for new stock coming in of the Commander Stormtroopers 2 pack, are these now finished production wise too or will I be able to get them sometime in the near future??? Just want to know either way, can look else where rather than hanging on that way.

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, kevb0977. It's something I've been thinking about doing for many of the reasons you stated above, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm sorry I don't have a complete answer for you on the Stormtrooper Commander 2 packs. I don't believe there are any more of these currently coming out of the factory, but I'm not sure in this case how we're situated at the warehouses. For the regular Stormtrooper 2 pack, I know our US branch has run through the stock at the warehouse, but I've not heard anything about the Commander version (or the Blackhole version). As none of them were available at SWCVI, I think it's likely that we have sold through our stock on them. It's still possible, however, that the wholesaler your retailer is working through may have some to ship out- I would have no way of checking that even if I knew specifically which retailers and distributors were involved.

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, kevb0977. It's something I've been thinking about doing for many of the reasons you stated above, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm sorry I don't have a complete answer for you on the Stormtrooper Commander 2 packs. I don't believe there are any more of these currently coming out of the factory, but I'm not sure in this case how we're situated at the warehouses. For the regular Stormtrooper 2 pack, I know our US branch has run through the stock at the warehouse, but I've not heard anything about the Commander version (or the Blackhole version). As none of them were available at SWCVI, I think it's likely that we have sold through our stock on them. It's still possible, however, that the wholesaler your retailer is working through may have some to ship out- I would have no way of checking that even if I knew specifically which retailers and distributors were involved.
Thanks, I guess when your selling worldwide it's definitely an impossible task to track where stock might be at any given time..., I'll ask the retailer I buy from for another update & if he still hasn't got an answer for me then I'll look on ebay for a set as there are a few retailers selling new Stormtrooper Commander 2 pack sets on there. :)

Reaction score
Oh, I have another question... :)

I did post this on the Kotobukiya facebook page but there's been no update/reply as yet, anyway..., could you please tell us which ArtFX Star Wars 1:7 scale figure won the poll to become a 1:10 scale ArtFX+ figure??? :)

I know the poll was to run from the 23rd to the 26th August (for CVI) so I thought the results would be in by now OR are you guys allowing it to run for a bit longer??? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My questions will be:

1. Is there a chance to see a new 1:7 Stormtrooper, even if Kotobukiya keep the old armor and helmet (which are quite accurate and cool), but to have a better pose?
2. Maybe a 1:7 (or even 1:10) AT-AT Driver?
3. Will there be plans for a Probe Droid?
4. What about an ROTJ Emperor?
5. The ships/vehicles line will it continue in the future or is canceled? Wish they would have made an AT-AT, AT-ST or a TIE Fighter.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Final poll results should be coming soon- the numbers had to collected from both the US and Japanese Facebook pages as well as hand-counted for those received at SWCVI. I can say that the top 3 choices are all fairly close in number of votes received from what I've seen so far.

There are currently no plans to continue the ships after our X-Wing. In regards to other upcoming 1/7th and 1/10th scale, I really can't go into too much detail as I have to stick to our production/announcement schedules. I think it will be a little while before we re-visit the Stormtrooper in 1/7th, though.

Reaction score
Good idea. :)

Any idea when we'll see the next 1/7th scale statue?

Reaction score
Please, for God's sake, not another Vader! We already have 4 Vaders in 1:7, and there are so many other characters that could be considered to be made before yet another Vader.

Reaction score
Please, for God's sake, not another Vader! We already have 4 Vaders in 1:7, and there are so many other characters that could be considered to be made before yet another Vader.
Agreed, no Vader or Boba. Hoping for something like an AT-AT Driver or Commander Gree.

Reaction score
Agreed, no Vader or Boba. Hoping for something like an AT-AT Driver or Commander Gree.
I agree too..., although I have all bar the bounty hunter series Vader & like them all very much I'd really like to see an end to Vader & Boba repeats..., what I really want is the rest of the clone Commanders in 1:7 scale so Commander Gree is top of my list along with Commander Neyo & Bacara BUT I too also REALLY want an AT AT Driver, there just aren't enough representations of that character & I find that disappointing as I would love one for my collection in the bigger scale!!! :)

Reaction score
Few thing I'd like to see is a new Luke. After the great 1/7 scale Obi-wan we got I think they have finally got human likenesses down. So new Luke in any scale. I really want to see someone do some x-wing pilots. No one has done any except hasbro. Maybe do these in 1/10 scale so we can get a two pack or now that the astros are being done we could get a X-wing pilot and their droid two pack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, I just picked up the Avengers Iron Man that was just released, amazing job on it. Love the detail. My only question is why do you keep making the kotos with pegs on the bottom of the feet. I understand if the position requires it like the ver. 2 bount hunter Boba. But based on the leg and foot position the pegs could have been put in the base and not the feet. Some of us have started to run out of room and the bases take up too much space. The jim lee batman and Indiana Jones had the pegs in the base so they could be displayed with out the base. I would have loved to display the Obi-wan in my glass case but the base took up too much space. Now that the 1/10 scale have magnets how about putting magnets in the feet of the 1/7 scale also?

Reaction score
Thought of another question...

I was wondering if there will be any other expanded universe Star Wars characters made by Kotobukiya any time soon (other than Jaina Solo & Mara Jade)??? Obviously the Blackhole Stormtroopers made in the ArtFX+ scale fall into that category BUT I was hoping we might see some other characters like a few of the Darth's (Bane, Nihilus, Malek & Malgus) & if your not considering going back to the Stormtrooper anytime soon how about making a different version in the 1:7 scale??? There are plenty to choose from after all (Blackhole, Commander & Magma).

Reaction score
Since there seem to be no plans for a 1:7 better posed Stormtooper from Kotobukiya, I removed the old one from my display and put it in a box and up there in the attic. I couldn't display it anymore, the pose is simply hilariously weird and freakish. Thus I made some changes in my display but the only thing I kept from the 1:7 Koto is the helmet, displayed separately.

Reaction score
Since there seem to be no plans for a 1:7 better posed Stormtooper from Kotobukiya, I removed the old one from my display and put it in a box and up there in the attic. I couldn't display it anymore, the pose is simply hilariously weird and freakish. Thus I made some changes in my display but the only thing I kept from the 1:7 Koto is the helmet, displayed separately.
I made my Kotobukiya Stormtrooper work better in the pose by putting it next to the pewter effect Darth Vader I bought..., the light saber is at the right angle for it to look like the Stormtrooper is moving to avoid being Darth Vader's next victim. :)

Reaction score
Hey guys my questions are ..

1) Are Koto going to be releaseing some EU sith characters preferably in 1:7 scale but any scale will do.
2) Regarding my first question what are the chances of seeing a Darth Bane in 1:7 scale
3) Has koto ever thought about making a Sith holocron or Jedi holocron ? Since they aren't that big in size I think they would be awesome to have in any collection.

Reaction score
I love the 1/10 scale figures that you guys have been making, among my favorites are the Clone Wars ones which I believe started the line. My question is will you guys be making any more Clone Wars characters? I would love to see a Darth Maul with mechanical legs, Savage Opress, Ahsoka from Season 4, Captain Rex with Phase II helmet, and General Krell.
Thanks.

Reaction score
I love the 1/10 scale figures that you guys have been making, among my favorites are the Clone Wars ones which I believe started the line. My question is will you guys be making any more Clone Wars characters? I would love to see a Darth Maul with mechanical legs, Savage Opress, Ahsoka from Season 4, Captain Rex with Phase II helmet, and General Krell.
Thanks.
Unfortunately this line has already been confirmed as cancelled..., the third set was to be Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous & a hologram Darth Sidious, real pity they cancelled the Clone Wars figures before they released the baddies (in my opinion) but I guess if something isn't making any money you have to cut your loses. :\

Reaction score
Wow, a bit to catch up on over the weekend here.

I really can't comment in too much detail on what characters are coming soon (or not coming soon); for the statues we have in the works, I have to stick to our release schedule (and resulting announcement schedule). For those that aren't on the coming soon list, I have access to what's in the works for the next year and a half or so- beyond that we start going from the "set in stone" schedule to the "penciled in" schedule to the "non-existent but we're thinking about maybe possibly one of these characters" realm. There is a suggestion thread of characters you'd like to see; please keep posting there. I am reading it and will bring up internally any suggestions that are made.

For specifics I am able to address:

Having just released an ARTFX 1/7th scale Vader earlier this year and with a 1/10th Vader coming near the end of the year, we, too, would like to do some other characters before coming back to another Vader. Same with the upcoming ROTJ 1/10th Fett, we would like to do some other characters before revisiting him again.

I've mentioned this before, but both the 1/10th and 1/7th scale lines are continuing. Without going too deeply into planned release schedules, the 1/10th scale statues have a more frequent target release schedule than the 1/7th, but we are aiming for several releases per year in both lines. Technically speaking, the ARTFX Bishoujo statues are part of the ARTFX 1/7th line. While the reception to the Bishoujos announced so far seems overall positive, we would like to continue both the Bishoujo style and the regular, more movie accurate/realistic ARTFX style. I don't know yet if that will mean alternating Bishoujos into the ARTFX line releases or how that's going to work out. This may depend on how the Jaina Solo statue performs, sales-wise.

More EU characters are a possibility, and not just in the Bishoujos. With the more frequent release schedule of the 1/10th scale, other EU characters are probably more likely to appear in 1/10th, but nothing is set in stone on that yet.

In regards to magnets vs. foot pegs for the 1/7th scale line, I can bring it up. I suspect, however, that due to the increased weight of the 1/7th statues, the magnets wouldn't provide as much stability as they do for the 1/10th. I believe pegs in the bottom of the characters feet rather than pegs coming from the base provides more stability as well, so it is somewhat dependent on the character's size and pose. The Indiana Jones and Batman that were referred to by disgruntledjawa both had fairly stable stances, though looking at the Iron Man Mark VII, it looks like that one would have been fairly stable on its own as well.

I doubt we will do any holocron replicas. Aside from the X-wing diorama, we are pretty much tied to characters rather than what would be considered props. You may wish to submit that question to EFX or one of the other more prop oriented companies, I think it would work well alongside some of the lightsaber hilt replicas.

SoonerSean, are you asking about R2-D2 in particular or the alternate R2 units that will be coming next summer? We are still looking at how we will release the R2s, but not all of them (if any) will be partnered with a protocol droid. I think it likely that there will be single packs, though there will not (at this time) be a single-pack R2-D2 among the releases.

The Clone Wars 1/10th scale series will not be continuing, unfortunately. I thought the Grievous and the Ventress looked great, but it just was not to be.

Reaction score
Some nice replies there..., helpful within the restrictions you find yourself in, thanks!!! :)

Reaction score
Thanks buddy, it sucks that we don't get to know what's coming but I guess you have to keep some stuff a secret haha

Reaction score
Hi can't you make a TC-14 and release it with one of teh EP 1 r2 units. Shouldn't be that hard. Just take the exsiting C-3po mould and make it silver.
And the Death star droid shouldn't be that hard either. Just a suggestion. Look forward to new 1/10th items.

Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to ask if you've pitched the idea of making the other 3 clone Commanders in the 1:7 scale (ArtFX)..., I'm not asking if they are a definite release or a near future possibility, I'd just like to know if you've proposed them as an idea to the powers that be i.e. Commander Gree, Commander Bacara & Commander Neyo (I'd just like to know either way)???

Last edited:
Reaction score
SoonerSean, are you asking about R2-D2 in particular or the alternate R2 units that will be coming next summer? We are still looking at how we will release the R2s, but not all of them (if any) will be partnered with a protocol droid. I think it likely that there will be single packs, though there will not (at this time) be a single-pack R2-D2 among the releases.
Thanks for the reply. I'm a fan of R2-D2 and it's a shame that some cool releases only come out with R2 partnered with 3PO. Was hoping he might be released as a solo item some where down the road. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Another quick question. is there going to be more movie Avengers coming out to go with the Iron Man that was just released? I'd really love to see a Captain America and Hulk come out.
There are currently no plans for any other Avengers movie based ARTFX statues. We did recently do Captain America Fine Art Statue in a classic (comic book style) Avengers series, which also includes an Iron Man, Thor, and Hawkeye releases in the line.

As we're on the Rebelscum forums, I would generally prefer to keep things Star Wars related here. I'll PM you with a couple of forums where you can stay up to date on our Marvel and DC lines.

Reaction score
I have a new question....

According to the product release dates for the Star Wars figures, the 1:7 scale Royal Guard was released for sale in 2007 so I was wondering how comes it's back in stock 5 years later i.e. were more made or was it just a case of new stock found (unsold stock from original batch)??? If it is new stock that's been made this year, are there any plans to remake any other 1:7 scale figures or is it a possibility even???

Reaction score
The Royal Guard was not a reproduction. We redistributed leftover stock from one of our sales territories which freed up some stock. This is a pretty rare occurrence.

Reaction score
There are currently no plans for any other Avengers movie based ARTFX statues. We did recently do Captain America Fine Art Statue in a classic (comic book style) Avengers series, which also includes an Iron Man, Thor, and Hawkeye releases in the line.

As we're on the Rebelscum forums, I would generally prefer to keep things Star Wars related here. I'll PM you with a couple of forums where you can stay up to date on our Marvel and DC lines.
Thanks for the PM. Sucks that there are no more movie avengers in the works. Do you have any idea when we might start seeing some of the new R2's? We going to see any of them up for order before the end of the year? Or will it be more like 6 months?

Reaction score
The Royal Guard was not a reproduction. We redistributed leftover stock from one of our sales territories which freed up some stock. This is a pretty rare occurrence.
I can imagine that would be..., well lucky me for being able to get one of the left over stock then!!! :) It's a great figure & has a definite 'WOW' factor to it, needless to say I'm very happy to have the Royal Guard in my collection. B)

Reaction score
Thanks for the PM. Sucks that there are no more movie avengers in the works. Do you have any idea when we might start seeing some of the new R2's? We going to see any of them up for order before the end of the year? Or will it be more like 6 months?
The R2's aren't due to be released until next year. I wouldn't expect pre-orders to start until the end of the year at the earliest, more likely to start early next year.

Reaction score
The R2's aren't due to be released until next year. I wouldn't expect pre-orders to start until the end of the year at the earliest, more likely to start early next year.
Did I imagine it OR did I read somewhere that the new R2s displayed at CVI wont be released until the summer of next year???