Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale Kylo Ren Starkiller Base

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread about this late announcement from SDCC, so I'm posting it here. It's good to see that Koto's 1/7 series is still alive, and I like Kylo Ren, but the pose just doesn't do anything for me (it looks like he's going to cut his arm off). Action poses are cool, but this one is a bit too extreme for my taste (it reminds me of Hasbro's UNLEASHED line). I prefer the 1/10 Kylo's neutral pose over this one. I own the Hot Toys Kylo Ren, so I don't feel that I need this version in my collection. With the higher price point, I will skip this one and get the 1/7 scale ANH Vader instead. What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Nice to see 1/7 figures again, hopefully more are coming.

Reaction score
I'm glad to see the 1/7 line still being alive. I hope this signals a new beginning for it with more figures to come out in this scale. That being said, I agree with Lone-Jedi and the position of the arm holding the saber. I've seen this figure from different angles and indeed, the blade is way too close to his left arm, giving the impression he's about to cut it off. Not sure if this is a prototype or the real deal. If it is a proto, I would suggest to Koto to turn the hand holding the saber up a little so the blade is not so close to the left arm. Everything else looks great with the figure, including the snowy base and snow sticking to the boots and bottom of Ren's outfit.

Reaction score
Im very happy to see Kylo in this scale. I really love the stance he is in and the base. I will definitely buy this when they go on sale. I hope they make more to go with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm not collecting TFA, but have to admit the pose on Kylo is very cool!

Reaction score
An interesting tidbit according to Kotobukiya's NYCC slideshow is that the snow base is meant to look like Vader's melted helmet. It's tough to see in the photo perhaps due to the angle, but I think it's a nice idea if it's not too obvious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
An interesting tidbit according to Kotobukiya's NYCC slideshow is that the snow base is meant to look like Vader's melted helmet. It's tough to see in the photo perhaps due to the angle, but I think it's a nice idea if it's not too obvious.
It's right in front, I see it now. Nice touch!

Reaction score
Looking forward to getting this. I haven't gotten any koto statues in a long, long time.

Reaction score
I hope we get some 1/7 First Order troopers to go with him.

A Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and Flametrooper (hopefully with a light up feature) would make me very happy.

Reaction score
This statue and pose are actually more exciting and dynamic than anything this character did in the actual movie.

Reaction score
Its a nice looking figure but I think that the light saber is a little too close to his arm.

Reaction score
A few different angles to show off the lightsabers position relative to Ren's left arm.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered this from FP, I love the base, hopefully they do a Rey with Lightsaber to go with it.