Koska Reeves - VC230

Reaction score
VC-Koska-Reeves-TM-In-Hand-Carded-1.jpg
Is that a CGI screen shot from the show or a drawing? It doesn't look like they took an actual screen shot of the actress in the show, or even staged one like Fennec Shand. That looks like a drawing like Shae Vizla or Galen Marek.

Reaction score
The awful card art they have used with the Photoshop etc is another reason why TVC needs to go. If its not gonna be the dingy 80s aesthetic that give the nostalgia jive that everyone seems to crave than these cards are worthless.

Reaction score
The awful card art they have used with the Photoshop etc is another reason why TVC needs to go. If its not gonna be the dingy 80s aesthetic that give the nostalgia jive that everyone seems to crave than these cards are worthless.

Depends on whether you prioritise the cards over the figure.

:unsure:

Reaction score
Is that a CGI screen shot from the show or a drawing? It doesn't look like they took an actual screen shot of the actress in the show, or even staged one like Fennec Shand. That looks like a drawing like Shae Vizla or Galen Marek.

In any event, it looks a bazillion times better than those TCW animated ones that were WM exclusives. Those are the worst SW cardbacks ever.

Reaction score
These are starting to show up on Ebay from US sellers... guessing some stores got stock.
They must be getting them from overseas sellers. Still not showing in the US when looking at target inventory through popfindr. Mayfeld as well. Frustrating that there is no sign in the US, let’s hope it’s not a Droids figure scenario again…

Reaction score
In any event, it looks a bazillion times better than those TCW animated ones that were WM exclusives. Those are the worst SW cardbacks ever.

lol at least they were accurate to the source material. This card is some weird mix of CGI/animated nonsense depicting a character that only appeared in live action

Reaction score
They must be getting them from overseas sellers. Still not showing in the US when looking at target inventory through popfindr. Mayfeld as well. Frustrating that there is no sign in the US, let’s hope it’s not a Droids figure scenario again…
fett and r2 didnt either until about to be placed on pegs. so far, indications suggest sept. interstingly though. someone here posted an image of thier acct getting updated to have a 9/15 release date, then date erased off thier acct. My fett and droids invoice on my acct page coindiently says orig eta..9/15. I'm assuming 2022 since preorders launched 9/24/21. 9/15/22 may be of some significance to target's release plans maybe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
maybe you guys should order from Star Action Figures then. that way you dont have to wait forever here in the U.S. later this year.

Ordering a figure from Star Action Figures from the UK will cost a little bit with the shipping and handling but its worth it to get a figure

Reaction score
maybe you guys should order from Star Action Figures then. that way you dont have to wait forever here in the U.S. later this year.

Ordering a figure from Star Action Figures from the UK will cost a little bit with the shipping and handling but its worth it to get a figure

Na I'm good waiting until it's actually released instead of panic paying astronomical shipping just to have a figure a few months early...

Reaction score

Maybe when you buy several to spread out the shipping.

For example, one figure shipped is $41.60USD

Capture84.JPG

Now, for the same £19.95 shipping, you can get up to 6 figures sent. Over 6, and the shipping jumps to £27.95

So for example, the 6 TCW WM exclusives from Star would be $117.72 shipped. That's $19.62 per figure or $6.12 more per figure to order from the UK than from WM here in the US.

Capture86.JPG

Reaction score
I was going to order her from RobotKingdom so I could cancel my preorder but the shipping cost was astronomical.

Reaction score
I like the Tartakovsky cards a lot.
Same, they're vibrant and appealing, would certainly catch the eyes of anyone who saw them at retail.

Of course that would provide them to ACTUALLY ARRIVE at retail but I digress.

Reaction score
BUT! They don't match the other 230ish TVC cards! Even other TVC cards that have artwork as the photo (VC102 Ahsoka) it looks photorealistic enough to fit into the line. The TCW animated ones should have been released w/o a TVC number.

Reaction score
I assume (but i could be wrong) that like the Blue Leader cardback its an airbrush/photoshop creation so Hasbro doesn't have to pay out the photographer/photography from the media used. A cost cutting measure... but i prefer photos over photoshops myself.

Reaction score
How does that work? Hasbro pays Disney/LFL for the SW license, that includes actor's likenesses and the use of footage and official photography. It shouldn't cost them extra for a cardback picture, and I doubt they would want to shell out for this character above others.

They could be avoiding showing Sasha Bank's face on the packaging, since Mattel and Jakks are making Sasha in the WWF Lines. Although there's no such issue f.e. with Chriss Pratt (Hasbro/Marvel and Mattel/Jurassic)

Reaction score
How does that work? Hasbro pays Disney/LFL for the SW license, that includes actor's likenesses and the use of footage and official photography. It shouldn't cost them extra for a cardback picture, and I doubt they would want to shell out for this character above others.

They could be avoiding showing Sasha Bank's face on the packaging, since Mattel and Jakks are making Sasha in the WWF Lines. Although there's no such issue f.e. with Chriss Pratt (Hasbro/Marvel and Mattel/Jurassic)
I dont know all the details.. I know its been a practice lately w/the old EU reprint books changing the cover art so they pay the newer artists/contracts that i assume are more LFL/Disney friendly... aka cheaper.

Also good artists/photographers don't sign away their work forever from any corp even when they work on an IP/Franchise... (sadly Hamill did that).. they still get royalties for using their work. Like with Tim Zahn and every time they reprint Heir to the Empire he gets a check from LFL/Bantam-Penguin Randomhouse or whichever of the big 5 publishers LFL is using now.... again I'm just going off most practices I've seen in other entertainment.

Reaction score
Is Koska's helmet swappable like Bo-Katan's or removable?

Reaction score
I dont know all the details.. I know its been a practice lately w/the old EU reprint books changing the cover art so they pay the newer artists/contracts that i assume are more LFL/Disney friendly... aka cheaper.

Also good artists/photographers don't sign away their work forever from any corp even when they work on an IP/Franchise... (sadly Hamill did that).. they still get royalties for using their work. Like with Tim Zahn and every time they reprint Heir to the Empire he gets a check from LFL/Bantam-Penguin Randomhouse or whichever of the big 5 publishers LFL is using now.... again I'm just going off most practices I've seen in other entertainment.
Disney has had some articles written about them this past year because authors like Alan Dean Foster actually AREN'T getting their royalties. Disney basically said "we own Fox and their properties, but we're not beholden to their contracts". And he isn't the only author getting shafted by this.

I can't imagine hasbro having to pay a separate fee for one individual character (in this case) owned and created under Disney. Personally I think this art looks cooler than some of the photos used for other cardbacks, but as an opener, if I buy this, that cardback is going into a box anyway.

Reaction score
Loved the power lady moment in ep 16! Felt much more natural than the Endgame equivalent. That bit in the elevator with Cara muttering curse words while fixing her jammed rifle was a highlight of the episode for me.

(Yes Luke was sweet too)

Reaction score
Well considering they outnumbered Din it wasn't that difficult when the showcased the ladies of Star Wars. Where as for MCU it seemed the reverse and simply felt forced. Honestly speaking there is no in world real reason why teams would be split up in this manner, not when you're trying to promote "diversity" and "teamwork", it would make more sense for it to be "all inclusive" and not gender focused.

This is why most of those moments fail, because it doesn't feel natural.

I hope that when/if they ever do more Female Mandalorian figures in the future they utilize a different cuirass that more resembles TCW look, especially if they do plan to release Ursa Wren or Rook Kast because their armor is different from Bo's. I also wouldn't mind torso Armor design similar to Isabeat Reau to be reused it looks more streamline. I mean with these new figure bodies it should be very simple to swap out a torso and repaint it. I'd be more interested in a 4-pk though because I feel TV basic has gotten bogged down with them as of late, and helmeted troops in general.v