Knights of the Old Republic/Old Republic Figure Thread

Reaction score
If Hasbro gave us a Satele, I'd be content for TOR figures, and yes I would have preferred her over Malgus and the trooper. It's a female EU Jedi, how could it not sell well?
Yeah, BP would be the only way to get the kotor figures out, or a BAD wave dedicated to kotor and kotor 2 with T3 as the droid to build. Jolee is high on my list too, and could be a simple kitbash (TPM Ki-Adi) with a new head. They've got a really nice Bandon head (TVC rebel commando) and could throw together the rest of him. Mission could be a repaint and slight re-sculpt of Mara Jade with a new head sculpt. Handmaiden could be a repainted Juno Eclipse (though soft good skirt would be nice) the head on that Juno looks just like Handmaiden, I always thought. I also wouldn't mind a revised HK 47 with adjust height and a more orange paint job. Even if they were online exclusives, or have to come in comic packs or large BPs, I'd like to see some kotor. I've seen enough movie and CW figs for a while, they're all meh to me now.

Reaction score
Both games have so many great designs/characters! If I had to pick 2 they would be:

Darth Jadus

Emperor Vitiate

Reaction score
Satele was always one figure I thought we would see....
She has been the one I have always been waiting for

Reaction score
I thought for sure we'd see Satele and possibly T7, then Hasbro would stop with TOR, but we don't even get those two. Well, there's always Fan's Choice I suppose.

Reaction score
Masterfett said:
Calo Nord
Glad I'm not the only Calo Nord fan. He's not much of a character (another in the long line of characters we get told were the greatest bounty hunter of their generation, just because the fiction says so, even though we never see them do anything but fail), but he's cool looking and I always enjoy more bounty hunter figures.

I'd be happy with any of your other wants as well (except HK-47, I don't see the hype). I was thinking a generic Rakatan army builder would be cool just the other day.

I can also understand Hasbro's dilemma when trying to release this type of product, concerning vendor outlets.
We have to look at it from their POV, lets say they go to Target about a BP that includes a few of these characters.
Target rep asks who they are, and Hasbro says they're characters from the KotOR game.
Target rep says, you mean a game that was released ten years ago?
Hasbro= yes. Target rep says how are they relevant today? No thanks!

I'm sure it's like that with any product that the Vendor has no idea who the characters are, that's why we always see crap with Han, Luke, and Vader in it!
This is why I think it would actually be better to keep sticking one per wave in basic figure or BAD lines. A retailer isn't going to go "WE DON'T WANT ANY OF YOUR DIRTY, STINKIN' STAR WARS TOYS!" over one figure in a wave of twelve. Retailer confidence is a huge issue right now due to the sour taste Hasbro left in many company's mouths the last couple of years with their horrible distribution and shortpacking. We've all seen the Star Wars section of the aisle shrinking more and more. I think if Hasbro wants to rebuild their reputation, they need to start by reforming the packing and distribution of their more standard releases. Having EU characters to help cases sell and shelves clear would be a good idea, I think.

jawajake said:
Emperor Vitiate
I'm not really a Vitiate fan, but it surprised me that he didn't get a figure.

DarthRevan16 said:
Well, there's always Fan's Choice I suppose.
Aren't we still waiting for a Fan's Choice Jedi Mara Jade that we probably either won't get or will only get the wrong version of?

With the elimination of Q&A and other factors, I don't think there's much point in believing Hasbro even actually cares what we say anymore.

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a feeling the if the Mara does come out, it won't be the one we were expecting. I wasn't a fan of that head sculpt anyway, maybe the would change it. Still gonna buy it when/if it comes out regardless because it's something new.

And it's hard not to be a Calo Nord fan, he has some nice dialogue and looks pretty cool.

Reaction score
What do you think it would take for Hasbro to make some of these figures?
At this point, probably a miracle. We might see some EU figures sprinkled in here and there, but I can't see another EU wave coming up in the next few years. I hope I'm wrong though.

Reaction score
Hard to say...but it would probably take one of us who posted on this page to get voted in as the new president of Hasbro. lol

I have a basic understanding of business and supply and demand with a BBA. Maybe a few continuous failed runs of repeat characters before they decide to try
and branch out more often to the comics/video game/book characters. Maybe a short select run of their "online wave" strategy where they only produce them in fewer
numbers and at higher selling points. Hard to say, but it certainly does seem that most of the EU characters disapear like hot cakes when they come out. I would think an
exclusive online wave ( they don't have to worry about store distribution ) of an entire EU set would be reasonable to do.

Reaction score
I would hazard to guess that with what has transpired lately, it would take all new management at Hasbro and a company other than Disney in charge.

Disney isn't the slightest bit interested in EU, and wants to focus on the ST for the next 8 years.
Hasbro only does what they're told by the company in charge, whether they know what they're talking about or not.

Reaction score
I had a feeling when things changed that Disney had more say behind it than Hasbro was willing to admit. It would seem that Disney wants to focus on the actual movies. We already know that they have basically said the gaming division is done after 1313. So it would seem unless our EU characters end up in future movies that we are unlikely to get them

Reaction score
I had a feeling when things changed that Disney had more say behind it than Hasbro was willing to admit. It would seem that Disney wants to focus on the actual movies. We already know that they have basically said the gaming division is done after 1313. So it would seem unless our EU characters end up in future movies that we are unlikely to get them
You're right, but I think Disney may be more open to EU figures, look at their Star Tours sets. As far as I know, most of the figures are from their people, and have no problem making them into exclusive battle packs. Maybe someone should float the idea of existing EU characters being made into figures in exclusive battle packs at TRU or even their own theme parks or what have you. They can't keep spitting out more pointless, and frankly dull looking droids when there's awesome characters like T3 and HK to be taken advantage of. I can see an EU droid pack being popular including T3, and new HK-47, Proxy from TFU, and one of their own creations as the fourth. This way it appeals to the people who come into the theme park, and collectors world wide. Or 2 existing droids and 2 of their own creations, make it an online exclusive and/or at their theme parks.

Reaction score
That's an interesting take on it, since they own it now they could invent all new characters that I may not like.
In truth I haven't bough a Disney themed figure yet.

One good thing is that marvel is already heavily established, so no worries about this with that.:grin:

Reaction score
Forgot to mention an obvious guy we need to see made as a figure:

Khem Val

If Disney/Hasbro ever decide to start making good figures again, he'd be at the top of my list- right after lord vitiate.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention an obvious guy we need to see made as a figure:

Khem Val

If Disney/Hasbro ever decide to start making good figures again, he'd be at the top of my list- right after lord vitiate.
Yeah, I've been tossing around the idea of a 4 pack with all the imperial and republic starter companions from the game. So for republic you'd get T7 (one that people have expressed interest in), Qyzen, Corso and Jorgan (?). Then Vette, Kaliyo, Khem and Mako for the imperial one. That would be one heck of an exclusive! Sadly I can't see it happening any time soon, but I have no doubt they'd sell decently, the characters look cool enough they'd appeal to kids and fans of the game along with collectors.

Reaction score
So for republic you'd get T7 (one that people have expressed interest in), Qyzen, Corso and Jorgan (?). Then Vette, Kaliyo, Khem and Mako for the imperial one. That would be one heck of an exclusive!
I like all of these choices! (Esp Khem and T7!) I feel like the Hasbro team of 2007 would already have done most of these guys, or they would at least be in the works. With TOR being huge right now, it's insane to think Hasbro hasn't made an exclusive multi-pack like the ones they used to make 2-3 years ago...Really wish Hasbro would get its act together.:\

Reaction score
I'm not sure a figure based on a character that eats people would be kid friendly.
Hey, Trandoshans eat wookies (or skin them for their pelts at the very least) and they still made Bossk. I don't think that would be a reason for not making Khem, the only thing he has going against him is people who don't play the game don't know about him. He is a cool looking character and that could reflect kindly in action figure form, and that's what kids care about, how cool a figure looks.

Reaction score
Well Bossk predates any history of hatred/cruelty between Wookies, and Trandoshans.
He also is one of the Bounty Hunters in TESB.

At this point any EU wants would probably have to appear in a movie. Although that sort of takes away from EU lore.
Which brings up the game thing, not everyone plays it and it's somewhat hard to push. Disney just doesn't seem to hbe EU love like we do.

BUT, cool characters sell. Even right now, I can't get into (somewhat) plain looking designs., which is why EU is my first pick for figures.

Guess I should be content with Jace, Shae, and Malgus.

Reaction score
Still haven't played the game but loved the imagines I have seen
Can't believe we still haven't gotten Satele

Reaction score
Yeah, true this was before we knew more about Bossk. And I agree, if an EU character were put into a movie and re-invent them to better fit the film or change their appearance I'd rather they not add them at all. And yes, cool characters will sell! Kids judge the figure by their looks, most don't care about their relevance in the movies.

Reaction score
One that I'm surprised we haven't seen is a Canderous Ordo in full Mandalore the Preserver armor. That'd be such a cool figure for Mando fans, kids, and us KotOR junkies!

Reaction score
I'm not. In fact I think he's way low on the list of KotOR figures they might consider. And that list is after the one's they actually considered.
Besides it was like pulling teeth just to get Bastila Shan, who is pretty much the most recognizable after Malak & Revan.
Heck it wasn't even until her Granddaughter appeared in a game, that we finally got a figure of her!

Reaction score
I'll tell you guys about it :p. But, I got another item on pre-order that was slated to be out in the 4th Quarter of 2012. Although it was release years ago in Japan, and most people got it in the U.S. already. It's still set as a pre-order. So maybe BBTS is a bit slow. But it's been years since I bought anything from there.
The Warlordarians are finally in stock at BBTS!!!

Reaction score
Really? I just had them on pre-orde for more than a year. I actually completely forgot about them and wondered why my account was being charged.

Reaction score
I don't think they're that bad. The only thing I don't like is that they're short compared to most SW figures.

Reaction score
I don't think they're that bad. The only thing I don't like is that they're short compared to most SW figures.
Got one myself a few months ago and I agree.

And unless you're customizing them yourself where else are you going to find KOTR figs? A welcome addition to the collection IMHO.

Reaction score
Wow! Hasbro answered a question I submitted to JediTempleArchives! Pretty much the answer I was expecting.. And they completely ignored the second part of the question:

Q: Is The Old Republic still off-limits for figures? Will fans ever get to see the two SWTOR figures that were made but never released?
A: Yes, it is still off limits.
Oh well, can't blame me for trying :\

Reaction score
At least we got a confirmation, and that they're essentially still putting nails into that coffin. The more they hardline stance against the stuff I'm after, the more I feel like walking away...