Knight of Ren - VC155

Utinniii

Reaction score
There is really no connection between the VD and the movies, or rather the information only flows one way (movie to book). The actors are not given their backstory (extras, not main cast) and might not even know their character names. For example when people asked JJ about Zuvio, his response was, "who?".

I would much rather read about the fact that Yoda was named after a professor and shares his face with his sculptor than any made up information about his life.

Reaction score
There is really no connection between the VD and the movies, or rather the information only flows one way (movie to book). The actors are not given their backstory (extras, not main cast) and might not even know their character names. For example when people asked JJ about Zuvio, his response was, "who?".

I would much rather read about the fact that Yoda was named after a professor and shares his face with his sculptor than any made up information about his life.
Yes, I think "flowing only one way" is a perfect way to put it.

Reaction score
Back on topic, how is your figure's mud/dust deco at the bottom? mine seems that is a bit too much but have seen other a bit lighter. Maybe will do a wash on mine.

Reaction score
Amazon delivery today:

I opened it up, and gotta say - the sculpt and deco are both fantastic, and I like the dirty wash. My only issue is with the hips - the joints on mine are fused, as are the thigh rotation points. SA figures are great in theory, but this is the third TVC figure since the revival with this same issue for me. Wish they'd go back to swivel hips - never had a problem with those.

Reaction score
You're having problems with the joints, but that's why you don't play with them. You're supposed to leave them in the package and hang them up to make a nice disp...oh :(
Amazon delivery today:

I opened it up, and gotta say - the sculpt and deco are both fantastic, and I like the dirty wash. My only issue is with the hips - the joints on mine are fused, as are the thigh rotation points. SA figures are great in theory, but this is the third TVC figure since the revival with this same issue for me. Wish they'd go back to swivel hips - never had a problem with those.

Reaction score
Just saw him on the pegs at my Target and picked him up. Very nice figure and interesting enough to make me purchase it since I don't collect ST figures at all. Mine seems moderate to heavy on the dirt/mud deco, but I'm not 100% sure. Does the lighter one have almost no mud on it?

Reaction score
I have three—two dark and one lighter. The difference is clear, but pretty minimal. I hardly notice.

Reaction score
Amazon delivery today:

The thigh rotation points on mine seem to be the same. I'm trying not to force anything for now.
M

Reaction score
The thigh rotation points on mine seem to be the same. I'm trying not to force anything for now.
M
Same here. I honestly do not care for this over engineered articulation system. It works on a larger scale (1:12 for example) but 3.75" is just fine with a standard t-crotch (preferred) or ball joints without the thigh swivel.

Reaction score
I think it works fine on figures where there's nothing obscuring the joint. But on KOR, it's just unwieldy.

Reaction score
Same here. I honestly do not care for this over engineered articulation system. It works on a larger scale (1:12 for example) but 3.75" is just fine with a standard t-crotch (preferred) or ball joints without the thigh swivel.
Yes, but how do we get this type of message across to Hasbro?

Reaction score
I wish they'd pull back on these types of articulation completely, its one element of SA that I can do without. The ball jointed wrists are also very ugly, but on the KOR its all black so its not an issue - assuming they aren't fused as well, tried to bend one of mine and it almost snapped. 5 POA wasn't enough for some, and this is too much for others - there should be a happy medium.

Reaction score

I like articulation, but some of it seems to "get in the way" on certain figures.

Reaction score
Yes, but how do we get this type of message across to Hasbro?

We can't because I don't think any one collector can explain it in a way where Hasbro would understand where certain articulation works and where it doesn't.:\

Reaction score
I like articulation, but some of it seems to "get in the way" on certain figures.
Same here plus some of them have too many little attachable pieces for my tastes. Does character X really need a removable helmet antenna? Some of the figures cross the line and quit being toys.

Reaction score
Same here plus some of them have too many little attachable pieces for my tastes. Does character X really need a removable helmet antenna? Some of the figures cross the line and quit being toys.

True. With larger figures it works out in the end, but for the 3.75" line, there's a line where it's not really a good idea to cross.

Reaction score
My worry with Hasbro is that if we start grumbling about articulation, they will take it as we don't want it at all. Knowing them, they'll reduce articulation instead of switching back to the older designs and then claim that's what fans wanted. I'd rather have the new articulation system than risk them messing up and having less than we want or than what we had before.

Look what happened with the whole Revan thing for what I think would happen. People complained and then were left with no Revan at all. I could just see that happening all over again with this lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tend to agree. Although I’ve always fought hard for articulation and fear the truth of what Brett just said, I also find myself sometimes getting a tad annoyed at how delicate I have to be with these figures—they don’t have the solid positioning to stay standing, and are always losing or dropping a piece here and there. Zorii might be an example of being just a bit too flimsy.

Even so, I think that Hasbro IS finding a decent balance for some of these. I love Zorii’s overall design. I complain often about repacks and lack of options, but do think that many of Hasbro’s recent offerings HAVE been absolutely beautiful. The Yavin Luke is almost perfect.

Reaction score
The Legacy Collection era was the real sweet spot for articulation for me. Maybe tell Hasbro we want Legacy era "practical articulation"?

Reaction score
Considering I keep the vast majority of my stuff carded, boxed, etc.; articulation is of little concern to me; but I fully understand and appreciate how too much articulation; depending on size, material, weight, etc.; can be more of a hindrance than a help in some cases. I've always dreaded larger, heavier figures with dainty little ankle joints; especially back when I opened and posed my stuff around.

Reaction score
This is a nice figure. I prefer the sculpted look myself, but appreciate some may have hoped for soft goods.......that said, let's see if these guys have more than 5 seconds of screen time.

Disney dropped the ball w/ Phasma, imo

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with the “Legacy” articulation. The early 2010-2012 TVC waves might feature even better design. But something from 2009-2012 seems ideal.

Ty

Reaction score
Still haven't tracked this guy down. Been looking like crazy too. Patience...

A quick note on Phasma, yes, Disney absolutely dropped the ball on this character. I mean, I'm still kinda hoping she shows but it is of course 99% unlikely since the story needs to keep moving but talk about lost opportunity. Poor Gwendoline, Phasma had everything going for her except screen time and character development. At least she'll always have Brienne of Tarth...

Also, on there topic of articulation, they recently said the molds for a 6" figure can run in excess of $100k... to me that means that a 3 3/4 figure is probably not all that far behind. I'm sure I am in the vast minority when I say that I think figures are over-articulated at this point in time. I make this argument because I feel that the extra costs associated with giving some of these extra (and also arguably unnecessary) articulation points could theoretically significantly hurt the bottom line on these figures and therefore hurt the overall longevity of the line. Where I am in Canada where TVC figures are priced at $18 + tax, retailers are shaking in their boots, terrified to even consider ordering them. Cue the tumbleweed, its a ghost town up here. As far as I'm concerned, no one demanded Hasbro to give us articulated pecs, wrists, those useless thigh points, etc. just dial back the articulation a few points and cut the price a buck or two, some of us would appreciate it.

Reaction score
I agree with the “Legacy” articulation. The early 2010-2012 TVC waves might feature even better design. But something from 2009-2012 seems ideal.
The problem with the 5POA stuff is that they went SOOOO far backward with articulation. If they had done Necessary Articulation with the movie lines I would have likely bought all of them. To me, necessary is the ability to pose figures as they looked in the movie. I don't need C-3PO to do the splits and I don't need Senators to attain kung-fu poses. Swivel wrists and ankles on 90% of figures is enough if not too far. Ball jointed shoulders, knees, and elbows is pretty much the only standard, and if the clothing blocks the knees... just don't do them either.

Reaction score
Finally got one of these! Arrived today from Hasbro Pulse. I ordered him over the weekend ... took only a couple of days. Great condition, too.

I missed getting this guy on TFF because HP had "Sold Out." So I preordered one on EE, believing that, when they said they were "Restocking Soon," I wouldn't have to wait long.

The beginning of November was way too long. Cancelled EE; bought from HP. Glad I did.