Knight of Ren - VC155

GNT

Reaction score
We'll be seeing a Knight of Ren in the upcoming Vintage Collection. Please use this thread to discuss this figure.

Reaction score
I think the KoR look really cool, so I'm looking forward to this one. This group should have been out a few years ago, but at least we're getting one in wave 1.

Reaction score
Probably depends on which one is actually made, there are several different looks. I seriously doubt that they make one fits all, and pack more than one head and accessories to mix and match. So we'll only get one ever.

GNT

Reaction score
The major benifit is its a whole new figure which is a plus.

Reaction score
I will of course be picking one up, and I hope Hasbro has the sense to make more than one of these, so it isn't just Kylo and his Knight of Ren (singular), but I'm not too optimistic about that...

Reaction score
Given that we only ever got the one Praetorian in TVC, I don't like those odds either.

Reaction score
No, this is all you’re getting. I’ll buy a few.

Reaction score
Watch this guy be the Constable Zuvio of RoS where you barely see a piece of his helmet way off in the distance behind other prominently featured Knights.

Reaction score
Watch this guy be the Constable Zuvio of RoS where you barely see a piece of his helmet way off in the distance behind other prominently featured Knights.
Lol! I really just hope the movie utilizes what appears to be awesome designs and a potentially cool backstory enough to actually warrant the rest of the knights of ren to be made. High hopes here!

Reaction score
Given that we only ever got the one Praetorian in TVC, I don't like those odds either.
my exact thoughts when I saw the pic for this Knight. These are some of the most interesting and collectible figures from the whole ST (not saying much) if they give us the whole group. If not, it’s a waste.

Reaction score
Even if he is at least he looks cool, unlike a certain flat-faced frisbee hat'd constable.

Reaction score
This looks pretty cool. I might pick up an extra one as well.

Reaction score
I realize the 5POA one doesn't really count, but if you got that one and 2 of the Black Series 3 3/4"/ TVC ones you could have 2 articulated Praetorians......

Honestly, Hasbro making just ONE Knight of Ren would ultimately make the most sense right now. They can't even be bothered to make core figures articulated (General Leia, TFA Han, Hux, Chirrut, Baze, Krennic, K-2SO, L3-37, Beckett, Dryden Vos, Ghost Crew, ....) so getting 6 Knights of Ren is like asking them to make a Millennium Falcon that can fit more than one figure in the cockpit in a movie where the ship is a central part of the movie.

Reaction score
I realize the 5POA one doesn't really count, but if you got that one and 2 of the Black Series 3 3/4"/ TVC ones you could have 2 articulated Praetorians......

Honestly, Hasbro making just ONE Knight of Ren would ultimately make the most sense right now. They can't even be bothered to make core figures articulated (General Leia, TFA Han, Hux, Chirrut, Baze, Krennic, K-2SO, L3-37, Beckett, Dryden Vos, Ghost Crew, ....) so getting 6 Knights of Ren is like asking them to make a Millennium Falcon that can fit more than one figure in the cockpit in a movie where the ship is a central part of the movie.
I understand exactly what you're saying and agree those characters deserve TVC treatment (minus L3), she is a disaster of a character and 5POA version is more than it deserves. But doing one Knight of Ren is like releasing one Power Ranger and expecting us to be happy. Its taken way too long for Hasbro to get us Phoenix Squad in 6" but at least we're almost there. If we knew there was a plan to eventually get all the knights out I'd feel better about buying this one. Otherwise what's the point?

Reaction score
The major benifit is its a whole new figure which is a plus.
Agreed, It's always a plus when a brand new figure at least has a cool design as well. So much so it's even better looking than Kylo Ren!
I'll definitely plan to buy one, and possibly a couple more to customize. If I can even find them that is. I do wonder how prominent they play in the movie, or if it will just be a brief cameo/flashback scene. Since they were totally absent from both TFA and TLJ, other than visions.flashbacks.

Considering they only made one Praetorian Guard, not counting 5PoA. I doubt they'd delve into more. But one can hope they made the sculpt in a way to create more Knights, and possibly in a 4-pk with whomever they're facing off against?

Not that TVC is the only 3.75" scale line, they'll need to release more than just a few core characters.

Reaction score
I understand exactly what you're saying and agree those characters deserve TVC treatment (minus L3), she is a disaster of a character and 5POA version is more than it deserves. But doing one Knight of Ren is like releasing one Power Ranger and expecting us to be happy. Its taken way too long for Hasbro to get us Phoenix Squad in 6" but at least we're almost there. If we knew there was a plan to eventually get all the knights out I'd feel better about buying this one. Otherwise what's the point?
I have to respectfully disagree on L3 and try not to indulge my slight OCD when it comes to the Knights of Ren. It's not easy to complete some scenes in Star Wars. Cantina, Jabba's Palace, Endor, Maz's Castle, etc. which is understandable. However, when there is a clear set number it is totally annoying not to be able to finish the scene. We've seen 6 Knights of Ren and 8 Praetorian Guards. These will go down as just the most recent unfinished lists. We are still missing Pilots from ANH and/or ROTJ. We are missing Separatists from AOTC, We are missing Pod Racers, Jedi, tons of different scenes. When they actually did the 4 Republic Commandos I almost passed out.

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree on L3 and try not to indulge my slight OCD when it comes to the Knights of Ren. It's not easy to complete some scenes in Star Wars. Cantina, Jabba's Palace, Endor, Maz's Castle, etc. which is understandable. However, when there is a clear set number it is totally annoying not to be able to finish the scene. We've seen 6 Knights of Ren and 8 Praetorian Guards. These will go down as just the most recent unfinished lists. We are still missing Pilots from ANH and/or ROTJ. We are missing Separatists from AOTC, We are missing Pod Racers, Jedi, tons of different scenes. When they actually did the 4 Republic Commandos I almost passed out.
This is why SW is epic. We care about the Z listers as much as, if not more than, the stars.

Bom Vimdim is a thing of beauty.

Reaction score
I like the figure, and I'm excited to see them in the film. Hopefully, it's not a fleeting second.

Reaction score
I like the figure, and I'm excited to see them in the film. Hopefully, it's not a fleeting second.
Yes, I hope we see a lot more of them in this film. I think they are an interest concept.
Y

Reaction score
Great looking figure. Hopefully we get the whole crew eventually!

Reaction score
This is why SW is epic. We care about the Z listers as much as, if not more than, the stars.

Bom Vimdim is a thing of beauty.
ALL of my favorite figures are those that most have not even seen. Ephant Mon is still the best sculpt they've ever done. Hermi Odle, Pre-Cyborg Greivous, Rum Sleg, Darth Nihilus, there are so many that I couldn't post them all. Bom Vimdim is perfect and I think I speak for most collectors saying this is what we really want. I'll take a definitive ANH Luke and Leia if they wanted to do that (not there yet), but I want the Giant Eyeball guy from Solo, Weeteef Cyubee from RO, HURID-327 from TFA.... any alien or robot is an automatic buy.

These Knights of Ren should be top of the list to get out there, but Hasbro will give us one and in a couple years when no one is looking give us a second one and eventually no one will care anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking forward to this one. It has a lot custom potential.

Right off the bat painting black over the mud will give it a new look.

Beyond that custom sith or other bad guys would come to mind.

Reaction score
But at least we have a large number of Pod Racers, PT jedi, cantina & Jabba people, Rebel pilots. Do we even know the entire list of Rebel Pilots, or Cantina & Jabba's Palace patrons? I'm sure the list is out there somewhere. We can at least create a cool display scene with these though. But lately we can't even get the core Rogue One crew or even main characters like General Leia or unmasked Kylo. Maybe they will do more Knights, especially if its a hit when movie releases. I don't have confidence in it though.

Reaction score
But at least we have a large number of Pod Racers, PT jedi, cantina & Jabba people, Rebel pilots. Do we even know the entire list of Rebel Pilots, or Cantina & Jabba's Palace patrons? I'm sure the list is out there somewhere. We can at least create a cool display scene with these though. But lately we can't even get the core Rogue One crew or even main characters like General Leia or unmasked Kylo. Maybe they will do more Knights, especially if its a hit when movie releases. I don't have confidence in it though.
Oh, I agree with the core characters. The fact that I don't own a 3 3/4" version of Chirrut and Baze is literally impossible. The chances of us getting all 6 of the Knights of Ren is literally less than one percent. They'll try to get another one or two out by 2021 at which time you and I will be the only ones still even looking.

Reaction score
If the basic 3.75 line was still around, its possible we'd get an assortment of Knights in a multipack similar to the trooper set for Solo:

http://www.rebelscum.com/Solo-6-pack-E2827-Star-Wars-Force-Link-2-Hasbro.asp

With only TVC around, this is likely to be it - but theres always customizing! That being said, I'm actually looking forward to this one - looks good and its a NEW character, which is rare for TVC.

Reaction score
Many years ago there was a Episode 1 fake trailer (Ya way before Youtube. can you imagine such a time) The trailer used Braveheart footage with a large group of warriors running with Light sabers. 100s of Jedi vs Sith.

What we really need in Star Wars is a large scale Sith vs Jedi battle. The knights of Ren could be a great way to do this, (Adding in a few more Jedi) The rule of 2 kind of prevented this from happening.....
Sadly I am expecting the KoR to be redshirted, but would love to be wrong about that.

Reaction score
Many years ago there was a Episode 1 fake trailer (Ya way before Youtube. can you imagine such a time) The trailer used Braveheart footage with a large group of warriors running with Light sabers. 100s of Jedi vs Sith.

What we really need in Star Wars is a large scale Sith vs Jedi battle. The knights of Ren could be a great way to do this, (Adding in a few more Jedi) The rule of 2 kind of prevented this from happening.....
Sadly I am expecting the KoR to be redshirted, but would love to be wrong about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I&t=5s

I'm assuming you haven't see the Deceived video from The Old Republic ...... prepare to have your mind blown if you haven't.

THEN watch this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfjWANrhl5g

Last edited:
Reaction score
You just had too, didn't you! Remind me that we never got a figure of Nico OKarr! Or Satele for that matter.. Let alone T7-01 or even T3-M4. heck, I'm still wanting a Calo Nord figure! But i digress.

Reaction score
Ya I am familiar with the knights of the old republic but since I don’t play the games I was referring to just the main movies

Reaction score
You just had too, didn't you! Remind me that we never got a figure of Nico OKarr! Or Satele for that matter.. Let alone T7-01 or even T3-M4. heck, I'm still wanting a Calo Nord figure! But i digress.
You need to check out the "Keychain" that is offered at Galaxy's Edge. ( I easily removed the keychain part.) Not sure if you had seen it or not, but you can see it is in scale (for the most part) and very cool - with a flashlight-like lightup eye. Those zoomed in pics are terrible, but I clearly am not a photog. 0POA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ any articulation whatsoever on the keychain droid?
0POA, but click the button on top and the eye lights up (more like a flashlight than a normal action figure light). I love it even without the articulation.

Reaction score
I liked the smuggler guy guy in the hat. That guy was pretty bad •••.

Reaction score
Man, those cinematic trailers. That’s what I thought Disney Star Wars was gonna be like. Sigh.