Kir Kanos (Crimson Empire)

Reaction score
Well, since they have the artwork and mockup all done, then it stands to reason it shouldn't be too hard for them to re-paint the figure and actually give us the Carnor Jax.

I made this a long time ago but I might be able to use this head as a passable Kir Kanos. It was just something I thought would look nice and was never meant to be Kir Kanos, but looking at pictures, I realized there is some pictures where he is bearded.

Wb6oP6I.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I give credit to Hasbro for pointing out the mistake. But even though the figure is actually Kir Kanos, I still think it's a disappointment. Just look back at the the 3.75" figures that came in the comic 2-pack, they had removeable helmets which made them awesome. This 6" version has no removeable helmet. It might as well be a generic 6" Emperor's Royal Guard figure. I see this as just a cash grab by Hasbro.

Now, I could be wrong and this 6" Kir Kanos figure could have a removeable helmet as a "secret feature." If that's the case, I'll take back what I said and I'll end up buying it.

Reaction score
Are they going to fix the box too to say Kir Kanos, or are these too far along in production to make any changes?

Well they have plenty of time to do it. I smell variant if any of the non corrected version have been made. They did the same thing with the AT-AT driver. First was the pilot then was renamed the Driver.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That custom above seems like the head would make a decent Kyle Katarn as well! ^

I give credit to Hasbro for pointing out the mistake. But even though the figure is actually Kir Kanos, I still think it's a disappointment. Just look back at the the 3.75" figures that came in the comic 2-pack, they had removeable helmets which made them awesome. This 6" version has no removeable helmet. It might as well be a generic 6" Emperor's Royal Guard figure. I see this as just a cash grab by Hasbro.

Now, I could be wrong and this 6" Kir Kanos figure could have a removeable helmet as a "secret feature." If that's the case, I'll take back what I said and I'll end up buying it.
Agreed, if it doesn't have a specific Kir Kanos head sculpt then then it's essentially just another ERG... So I would have to assume it will have a removable helmet, and at some point Carnor Jax will also be released as well. I mean these types of characters that share parts reuse just call out to be made whether main characters or not.

Reaction score
Hahaha, that's really funny. Fair play to Hasbro for at least recognising they got it wrong at least.

Still not ah accurate Kir Kanos, though.

His arms should also be black with the red stripe. Seems unlikely they'll fix that too. I could probably overlook that if it came with an unhelmeted head too, but as is I'm just not sure it's...... Unique enough. As much as I love the character.

Reaction score
Or, issue 6 imo.

View attachment 380953

I think I can explain the mistake. From the announcement article Jennifer Heddle, executive editor of Lucasfilm Publishing stated, “I wasn’t familiar with the Crimson Empire comic book series until I started working at Lucasfilm, and if memory serves I did shepherd it through the end of its run.” So I can see Lucasfilm just giving Hasbro some random reference images from the comic and saying, "Here's Carnor Jax!" :LOL:
I would have bought that and was expecting that design dang.

Reaction score
Please be aware that this character was mislabeled Carnor Jax on packaging when it is in fact Kir Kanos. We apologize for the oversight and want to assure you that we are constantly refining our processes to provide our fans with the high quality, accurate figures they expect from us.

It's becoming harder to believe that ^
Is it the same people handling figure selection, etc., then I'm not really surprised any longer ...

Bar just keeps sinking and along with that my joy... "Deluxe" Boba especially comes to mind.
I don't really want to feel let down like this, but it must be said if we want to see change.

Reaction score
This is just an egregious f*** up. I can understand the potential to mix up the names of some of the Clones. But this figure was in development for a while and shopped as a Fan Channel exclusive. You had to have the source material handy in order to get this right, including the bio that's on the packaging. And during that time nobody, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE AT LUCASFILM, flagged this and said "Hey, let's make sure we're calling him Kir Kanos"?

Reaction score
This is just an egregious f*** up. I can understand the potential to mix up the names of some of the Clones. But this figure was in development for a while and shopped as a Fan Channel exclusive. You had to have the source material handy in order to get this right, including the bio that's on the packaging. And during that time nobody, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE AT LUCASFILM, flagged this and said "Hey, let's make sure we're calling him Kir Kanos"?
We should have all kept quite and waited until the figure was in-hand so we all owned a misprint then complained. Think back to the days many of us loved owning a packaging error and the running change 🤪

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm very confused as to how this happened. How did this pass the numerous people at LucasFilm that are supposed to sign off on products like this? How did it even reach the development stage under the wrong name? It's not even entirely accurate to Kir Kanos, lol (The gauntlets are wrong, as another poster pointed out).

Reaction score
Honestly the name thing doesn’t bother me as much as the figure itself. The cape looks super cheap and I don’t like the color arrangement of red n black. Maybe it matches some of the original comic panels but it’s just lame to me. If they had included an unmasked head or the other helmet like the old EU training 4 pack, it would have improved it greatly.

Reaction score
I don't remember the comic well, but weren't the helmets two pieces to allow neck movement?

Reaction score
Wow Hasbro has become so cheap lately it seems. Two new headsculpts and accurate costumes in a two pack used to be normal it appears.

Reaction score
Wow Hasbro has become so cheap lately it seems. Two new headsculpts and accurate costumes in a two pack used to be normal it appears.

To be fair, neither body is 100% accurate to the comic, but I would be fine with the current sculpt if we got both helmets Kanos wears in the comics like one of the 3.75 releases had.

Reaction score
Well to also be fair, those 3.75" figures were a reuse of the existing ERG Mold used for ROTS. Which TBH wasn't an exact representation of the characters even back then. Yet they were close enough for most of use since we didn't ever expect them to even be released. And they certainly could use a photo real update! lol

TBS versions are simply limited to hat the existing sculpt is, to which they should have sculpted gauntlets for them. The inaccurate colors can be a simple mistake to the uninformed/lazy person in charge source material, who basically combined the two themes together. So just convince yourself that you're getting two figures in one. :p

The main reason I didn't pre-order this figure was due to the lack of removable helmet but the inaccurate colors aren't helping either. I mean If I really wanted Kir Kanos w/o a removable helmet and inaccurate colors I could get an existing ERG that goes for cheaper on ebay.

Reaction score
I'm not normally in this neck of the woods since I rarely make the cross to 6", but I wanted to let you all know that as a fan of the Dark Horse era, I felt the same cringing pain. At least they're fixing it in time. That was ridiculous-- they have GOT to take more care. But I hope this debacle doesn't discourage them from even trying. There is so much more they could do. An actual Carnor Jax would be a nice apology from them.

Reaction score
I just wanted to mention this because I thought it was worth bringing it up in this thread. Another site has reported that the 6" comic series figures have started arriving at the Hasbro warehouses in Canada. The article stated that the figures were the 6" Darth Maul and the 6" Carnor Jax. That's what they reported. It was not the 6" Kir Kanos.

Does anyone else know anything about this? Is there an insider who can confirm this?

If it is true, then it means that some 6" Carnor Jax figures were produced and released before the mistake was spotted and corrected.

Reaction score
I saw that on Dorkside's IG and I got excited until I realized that they no longer do partial order shipments unless you select that option. Because, I ordered all four together, I imagine I won't get mine for awhile yet. I wonder, based on DS's pic, if this means there will be a running change since it was specifically called out as an error by Hasbro, or if it's a one-and-done production run?

Reaction score
Well, I guess that means if they do release Kir Kanos he will have to be called Carnor Jax or we'll have a scenario where both products share the same name but look very different. lol

Kind of sad in the sense that we definitely won't see a reissue and a chance for a correction later on.

Reaction score
I wonder if these will peg warm like the Luke skywalker strikes release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So after seeing Robo’s custom of this guy where he replaced the arms with the Sith trooper’s arms, I decided to order him from ShopDisney. He’s still gonna need a new cape and I’d like either the old 3.75” pack training helmet or the other version without the collar so you can move the head.
8D99000D-0346-4F14-9C75-C794CDA8E24D.jpeg

Reaction score
I'm guessing he helmet doesn't fit over the head. I was going over several figures to see which one would be a good use for the character but couldn't find a match really, yours turned out great though!

Reaction score
I got to of these guys from Dorkside and I found 2 of them at Books A Million. I opened to of them and I really do love them. Looking forward to see what they look like standing beside Palpy. Mainly as his elite guards.