Kir Kanos (Crimson Empire)

Reaction score
It's always interesting to me how Hasbroken can repaint and put out a character that's so blatantly incorrect.

If they were going for Carnor Jax from the cover they used... the head is wrong. If they were going for Carnor Jax from inside the comic... he had black accents in many places (which they got mostly right in 2006). If they were looking for a picture... there are many of Carnor Jax albeit in his black accented outfit, but Hasbro chooses to use a picture of Kir Kanos.

Slow Clap...

Reaction score
If they were looking for a picture... there are many of Carnor Jax albeit in his black accented outfit, but Hasbro chooses to use a picture of Kir Kanos.

The inside cover picture is Kir Kanos ditching the guard gear to operate under the Kenix Kil disguise, right? Literally ten more minutes on google would have avoided this.

Yeah, it's amazing how much they've got wrong given how simple a repaint this is. Carnor Jax is a niche character, but everyone who's going to be interested in him is going to want the black highlights version. That's his look. That's what sets him apart and makes him cool.

Absolute swing and a miss here.

Reaction score
So thats Jax on the cover of Crimson Empire ? All these years I thought it was Kir Kanos.
It is Kir Kanos on the cover. His outfit, fellow loyal guardsmen at the back and the Publisher's Summary from this issue are evidence. If they wanted a Carnor Jax cover, they should have gone with issue 5 of Crimson Empire. This is just confusion on Hasbro's part.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know this comic or the two characters in question, but I do know that Hasbro's MO these days is sculpt reuse with as little customization possible. So it's not surprising that the plastic here is exactly what's under the cloth robe of the emperor's royal guard, for the first time meant to see the light of day. To the bean counters, it's not worth the effort of 3D modeling, sculpting, and QC on a new mold, but it's easy enough to produce a new accessory or cape to slap on a product and call it a day.

Reaction score
It's just a shame. They care so little about their product that they half-*** a product like this. And it will probably sell enough to be seen as a success so we'll get likely get more of the same.

Question is... am I talking about Hasbro or Lucasfilm?

Reaction score
The mis-billing is very weird. If you're going to make niche products (which I think everyone wants, regardless of their particular niches), make sure you are satisfying that niche audience.

Of course, I'll be part of the problem: while I enjoyed Crimson Empire, I'm still fine picking this up as a generic "Royal Guard Champion" (to use the Imperial Assault term).

Reaction score
Just hope, big H didn't take a shot in the toe with this.
To be honest, as a premier wave for this new subline, I think the choice of characters is pretty odd, except Maul maybe, as the comic and it follow up was pretty good, IMO
And this Jax/Kanos fault doesn't do any good either.

Hope this "comic-book" line goes on long enough to give us Mara Jade, Darth Talon, some Tales of the Jedi characters...

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
they should have gone with issue 5 of Crimson Empire.
Or, issue 6 imo.

Crimson Empire Issue #6 RZ.png

I think I can explain the mistake. From the announcement article Jennifer Heddle, executive editor of Lucasfilm Publishing stated, “I wasn’t familiar with the Crimson Empire comic book series until I started working at Lucasfilm, and if memory serves I did shepherd it through the end of its run.” So I can see Lucasfilm just giving Hasbro some random reference images from the comic and saying, "Here's Carnor Jax!" :LOL:

Last edited:
Reaction score
After the LUKE SKYWALKWER debacle, Hasbro now sees fit to mistake Kir Kanos for Carnor Jax. Do they employ anyone there who has any clue about the actual Star Wars franchise?
Let’s cut Hasbro some slack, these figures are a “hard nut to crack” as Kathleen “There’s-No-Source-Material-We-Don’t-Have-Comic-Books” Kennedy would say.

Reaction score
Or, issue 6 imo.

View attachment 380953

I think I can explain the mistake. From the announcement article Jennifer Heddle, executive editor of Lucasfilm Publishing stated, “I wasn’t familiar with the Crimson Empire comic book series until I started working at Lucasfilm, and if memory serves I did shepherd it through the end of its run.” So I can see Lucasfilm just giving Hasbro some random reference images from the comic and saying, "Here's Carnor Jax!" :LOL:
Or, issue 6 imo.

By happenstance I read the Crimson Empire omnibus over the last two nights. It wouldn’t take much to hand an intern a comic and say ‘skim this on your lunch break’

But also I’ll be buying too many of these... 😂😭😂

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a joke. Does Hasbro not have a single person on their team that knows about the brand they work with? They should legitimately be embarrassed. Seriously. Hire ONE Star Wars fan to catch mistakes like this. I'm sure there's plenty of diehards out there that will do it for free.
Seriously. They could charge some of us and we’d do it.

End of day all of the posts on this thread should probably end with “but I’m buying it”😂

Reaction score

End of day all of the posts on this thread should probably end with “but I’m buying it”😂

Not me, I have no attachment to the character, never read any of the stuff he is in and I much prefer the royal guard's cloak.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'm not paying Hasbroken $50 for access to lazy figures, but I'd pay a pretty handsome amount to have input with Hasbro... even if it's not input on choice of figures but just to make sure their choices aren't embarrassingly wrong.

Reaction score
Update From the Hasbro Pulse pre order page 🤦‍♂️

Please be aware that this character was mislabeled Carnor Jax on packaging when it is in fact Kir Kanos. We apologize for the oversight and want to assure you that we are constantly refining our processes to provide our fans with the high quality, accurate figures they expect from us.

Reaction score
Update From the Hasbro Pulse pre order page 🤦‍♂️

Please be aware that this character was mislabeled Carnor Jax on packaging when it is in fact Kir Kanos. We apologize for the oversight and want to assure you that we are constantly refining our processes to provide our fans with the high quality, accurate figures they expect from us.
tenor.gif