Kielbassa's collection

Reaction score
Congrats, always wanted the 'Diplomatic Mission' diorama for my collection..., it's a very nice item & definitely has the WOW factor I think (it's on my want list anyway). :)

Reaction score
That's a great statue and one of my favorite Vader representations in my collection, along with the kneeling down Vader. Congratulations on this addition to your collection. It is a truly classy piece.

Reaction score
Congrats, always wanted the 'Diplomatic Mission' diorama for my collection..., it's a very nice item & definitely has the WOW factor I think (it's on my want list anyway). :)
That's a great statue and one of my favorite Vader representations in my collection, along with the kneeling down Vader. Congratulations on this addition to your collection. It is a truly classy piece.
Thanks!

My latest acquisition is the Disney talking Vader figure. My kids got it for me for Father's Day since I hadn't managed to pick it up on my own yet.

Reaction score
Thanks!

My latest acquisition is the Disney talking Vader figure. My kids got it for me for Father's Day since I hadn't managed to pick it up on my own yet.
Although there are two Disney stores in my area, I still haven't seen these talking figures, but I've read really good reviews about them. I'm heading to Downtown Disney this week so I might get lucky and find them there and see for myself. You have some great kids! They even went and bought you the Vader for Father's Day. Congrats! :)

Reaction score
Although there are two Disney stores in my area, I still haven't seen these talking figures, but I've read really good reviews about them. I'm heading to Downtown Disney this week so I might get lucky and find them there and see for myself. You have some great kids! They even went and bought you the Vader for Father's Day. Congrats! :)
Thanks LS. I should definitely mention my wife, who had a hand in getting the gift, and continues to support this crazy (and at times expensive) hobby. She even wore her rebel insignia earrings as a nod to it on Father's Day.

Reaction score
Thanks LS. I should definitely mention my wife, who had a hand in getting the gift, and continues to support this crazy (and at times expensive) hobby. She even wore her rebel insignia earrings as a nod to it on Father's Day.
That's great, Kielbassa. It's truly a blessing when the wife can be so supportive and understanding of the hobby. Here I raise my cup to our wives. We should consider ourselves lucky! :) ... I just came back from Downtown Disney but they did not have any talking figures. I'm even trying to locate a 6" Black Series Stormtrooper for a good friend that lives in Europe, and they didn't even have that. I did see tons of Thermal Detonators.

Reaction score
Eventually there might be some new GG product to add to this thread, but for now my latest acquisition is the Koto Mara Jade Bishoujo statue. I was never a big fan of the GG Mara Jade bust (or the recent maquette), so I figure this is the best representation of Jade for now. With the way Disney/Lucasfilm is reworking the EU, this kind of stuff is becoming a separate niche in the collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally a new GG acquisition. Got my Ilum Yoda statue from GG yesterday. #020. Since I'm not getting the Padme statue, I'm displaying Yoda with my kneeling AOTC clone lieutenant statue.

Should have a couple more GG pieces from SDCC very soon!

Reaction score
Picked up Porkins at SDCC. McQ Luke was sold out by the time I got to the GG booth. So glad I got in on the pre-order. I don't really see the appeal to Porkins' visor being a separate piece. In fact, I had to wrap some double-sided tape around the little plastic tab to get the visor to stay in place. GG did a good job color matching his flight suit to the X-Wing Luke bust though.

Reaction score
My SDCC McQuarrie Luke bust arrived a couple days ago. #35/500. GG did a great job on it.

I also found Hasbro BS6 deluxe Jabba and biker scout/speeder at Target yesterday. Good haul this week. BS6 Anakin and clone trooper will be here Friday from BBTS.

Reaction score
I assembled the SSC probot. It has lots of fragile working parts, lights and the classic probe droid sound, which is very cool. Overall it's very light-weight and kind of feels like a high-priced model kit.

I'll probably try to find a clear acrylic rod to replace the black supporting rod. A couple more pics for kicks:

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does look the part at least & really once assembled, the visual aspect is what your after (at least for me that is, anyway)..., it looks great. :)

Reaction score
Love the Probe Droid! Do the legs extend any more then what's in your picture?

Got my shipping notice yesterday, can't wait to get mine.

Reaction score
Love the Probe Droid! Do the legs extend any more then what's in your picture?

Got my shipping notice yesterday, can't wait to get mine.
The legs have multiple joints so you can extend or retract them into different positions.

Reaction score
Is the support rod for the probe straight relative to the ground? (Not sure based on your pics). Some people were saying the probe tilts a little. Anyway, looks great.
I'll be getting mine once MWC gets their stock in.

Reaction score
Is the support rod for the probe straight relative to the ground? (Not sure based on your pics). Some people were saying the probe tilts a little. Anyway, looks great.
I'll be getting mine once MWC gets their stock in.
The rod itself is straight. The problem with mine in the pic is mostly due to the angle of my camera. The snowy Hoth cover is removable from the base so you can display it with the plain black base underneath, and I think because it doesn't quite fit snugly together it causes the rod to rest at a slight angle. I think if I had a clear rod instead of the black one, it would be a lot less noticeable.

Reaction score
Those pictures look really good. It displays beautifully. I'll be receiving mine today. I'm intending to place mine inside a Detolf so I'm looking at some modifications as far as the rod and the base. I need to have the Probot with me first to take some measurements and feel its weight.

Congrats on your new addition to the collection, Kielbassa. That thing rocks!

Reaction score
Those pictures look really good. It displays beautifully. I'll be receiving mine today. I'm intending to place mine inside a Detolf so I'm looking at some modifications as far as the rod and the base. I need to have the Probot with me first to take some measurements and feel its weight.

Congrats on your new addition to the collection, Kielbassa. That thing rocks!
Thanks LS!

Reaction score
I ended up picking up a 1:6 snowtrooper from the Asian seller who had a bunch available recently. This has quickly become my favorite 12" SSC figure. Maybe I do need to start a separate thread in the SSC Limelighting section.

I only wish the post part of the display stand was white so it didn't stand out so much in his crotch region. Also, the mask puts the GG mini bust sculpt to shame.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The rod itself is straight. The problem with mine in the pic is mostly due to the angle of my camera. The snowy Hoth cover is removable from the base so you can display it with the plain black base underneath, and I think because it doesn't quite fit snugly together it causes the rod to rest at a slight angle. I think if I had a clear rod instead of the black one, it would be a lot less noticeable.
I previously posted this in the probe droid thread, but I did indeed acquire a clear rod to replace the black one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's really a shame how devoid of activity the GG section is of late. Anyhoo, I picked up SSC 1:6 Echo and Fives at a great price during the Spooktacular event.

Reaction score
It's really a shame how devoid of activity the GG section is of late. Anyhoo, I picked up SSC 1:6 Echo and Fives at a great price during the Spooktacular event.
I agree with you. The GG section is like walking through a ghost town. All you hear is the sound of the tumble weeds passing you by, pushed by the wind. From what it used to be to what it is today, GG seems to have been slowly committing suicide. Let's just hope things change for the better.

* Those are some nice Clones you picked up there, Kielbassa. Nice addition to the collection!

Reaction score
Happy Holidays! I set up the Star Wars tree and added this year's Hallmark ornaments, including the SDCC Wampa and the Peekbuster Santa Yoda.

Reaction score
Not much Star Wars merch for me this Christmas. I got the R2, 3PO and Yoda Funko Pop! figures, a gray shirt with red SW logo and a giant Vader PEZ dispenser. We spent two days in Disneyland last week, and I picked up an R2-MK ornament for my Star Wars tree.

Reaction score
Were there multiple ornaments to choose from?
That was the only Star Wars one I saw. There were multiple ornaments in that style/shape of the Mickey ears representing various Disney characters/princesses, Nightmare Before Christmas, Disneyland, etc.

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I remember the Christmas Store in Downtown Disney, in Orlando, having a similar ornament to the one you bought although I don't remember the coloring. It was two years since I've been there. I don't remember seeing any when I was in Anaheim last winter.

Reaction score
Phase II Captain Rex has reported for duty. I love his "custom" phase II helmet.