Kielbassa's collection

Reaction score
Not much Star Wars merch for me this Christmas. I did get the Son of Vader children's book (I have four kids), and the GG FU Vader bust.

It's one I always liked, but never cared to buy.

Reaction score
Not much Star Wars merch for me this Christmas. I did get the Son of Vader children's book (I have four kids), and the GG FU Vader bust.

It's one I always liked, but never cared to buy.
Same for me, wasn't all that fussed until it turned up on eBay for something like £25.00, then I thought it a bargain & bought it (last year I think). :)

Reaction score
Got my Snowspeeder Luke bust yesterday:

Decided to go with the grappling gun pose since it's movie-specific and there are so many other busts with blasters and lightsabers.

Reaction score
I LOVE the new SS Vader.

He does suffer from the skinny arms syndrome everyone is complaining about, but there are plenty of ways to hide that. I wish I could keep his lights on all the time.

Reaction score
Got my Grand Admiral Thrawn bust from GG today. I've passed on a lot of EU busts, but the Zahn Thrawn trilogy is what really got me back into Star Wars in my early teens.

Reaction score
Got my Grand Admiral Thrawn bust from GG today. I've passed on a lot of EU busts, but the Zahn Thrawn trilogy is what really got me back into Star Wars in my early teens.

Good to see he's turned out well..., got one of these preordered with a retailer so it'll be a while before I see him yet but I'm glad to see the mini-bust looks as good as I'd hoped..., thanks for sharing. :)

Reaction score
What a great collection!:)
Thanks! Do shirts count as part of the collection?

Never thought I would nearly cover the king size bed twice! Maybe it's time to stop. A lot of them were gifts. They would make an awesome quilt.

Reaction score
Added a "Shiny" to the ranks.

Should have a "Veteran" in a couple weeks.

Reaction score
Nice addition for your collection, I've stopped buying the clones myself as I got bored with repaints but they still look nice all the same. :)

Reaction score
Adding one myself very soon to complete the plain white clone - stormie evolution.

Reaction score
Kielbassa! I saw your Thrawn pics in the Thrawn thread and immediately searched the limelight section in hopes of finding more pictures of your collection I saw in the background. Oh my! You have a beautiful setup! I really adore the center cases with surrounding shelves on risers. Looks fantastic!

How do you handle dusting all those loose figures?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kielbassa! I saw your Thrawn pics in the Thrawn thread and immediately searched the limelight section in hopes of finding more pictures of your collection I saw in the background. Oh my! You have a beautiful setup! I really adore the center cases with surrounding shelves on risers. Looks fantastic!

How do you handle dusting all those loose figures?
Thanks for the praise. I keep the door shut and have the wall vent nearly closed off (though not all the way). Having the glass-paned door really keeps the collection from feeling shut away from viewing. So far the dust hasn't been much of an issue. I usually dust @ once a month, and I carefully spray canned air over and around the figures. I haven't had to go to the trouble to move each figure and dust under and around it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My folks got me the GG Shae Vizla mini bust for my birthday. It's nice that they're willing to fill in the holes in my collection with busts that I never picked up on my own.

Reaction score
My folks got me the GG Shae Vizla mini bust for my birthday. It's nice that they're willing to fill in the holes in my collection with busts that I never picked up on my own.

I got this one when it was released, very nice it is too. :) Does yours have the jet pack on upside down or is it ok? Mines on upside down..., not changed it though for fear of damaging the mini-bust & as I don't display the mini-bust looking at the rear of it, it's no big deal. :)

Reaction score
I got this one when it was released, very nice it is too. :) Does yours have the jet pack on upside down or is it ok? Mines on upside down..., not changed it though for fear of damaging the mini-bust & as I don't display the mini-bust looking at the rear of it, it's no big deal. :)
I believe it is upside down, but with the way the hose is connected, wouldn't a longer hose have to be included to connect the jetpack right-side up?

Reaction score
I believe it is upside down, but with the way the hose is connected, wouldn't a longer hose have to be included to connect the jetpack right-side up?
The hose part is a separate piece, and it will sit just fine atop the jet pack once it gets turned the right side up. If you are interested in seeing how I did it, just go to post #129 in http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1053511-13/

Very nice collection!

Reaction score
The hose part is a separate piece, and it will sit just fine atop the jet pack once it gets turned the right side up. If you are interested in seeing how I did it, just go to post #129 in http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1053511-13/

Very nice collection!
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to work up the nerve to try it. I removed the blaster from the Hammerhead bust, and it turned out OK despite how tense I was.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to work up the nerve to try it. I removed the blaster from the Hammerhead bust, and it turned out OK despite how tense I was.
Then doing the backpack should be a piece of cake for you. The area around the backpack isn't as fragile as Hammerhead's hand. I was a lot more cautious removing the blaster from Hammerhead than the backpack from Shae Vizla.

I like looking at all your Hasbro figures. They are a throw back to the many years I collected them, from 1995 to 2010. Today, all I have left are some signed cards. It was basically lack of space that forced me to make a decision between busts/statues or action figures. It's nice to see another collector having the needed space to collect it all.

Reaction score
I've been going through what's left of my unopened Hasbro stuff, and I found this set of Happy Meal bobble head toys mixed in. Some people might think they're tacky or cheap, but I love how quirky and different they are from the rest of my displayed collection. I moved my Attakus 1:10 clones in behind the GG busts to make room on the window sill.

Reaction score
I've been going through what's left of my unopened Hasbro stuff, and I found this set of Happy Meal bobble head toys mixed in. Some people might think they're tacky or cheap, but I love how quirky and different they are from the rest of my displayed collection. I moved my Attakus 1:10 clones in behind the GG busts to make room on the window sill.

I like them! It's funny that you brought this up, as I wrote in thread a few days ago about how much I like my collection of Bootleg wind ups, which to some people might just be useless plastic. I still have a full collection of BK toys that were available during the promotion of the Prequels, and it is in fact that quirkiness you mentioned, what's attractive to me too. People are not always going to see eye to eye, and what someone sees as ugly and cheesy, to another person could be truly appealing. What really matters, is how much you enjoy having that particular item in your collection, whether you paid a lot for it or not, it really doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My veteran Phase I trooper is checking out his shiny new Phase II helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sold off the remainder of my unopened Hasbro items and was able to pick up two amazing items:

I've added and rearranged so much since I originally posted pics of the room, I should really update them with a new set. Too bad I can't edit the original post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those are really great PFs. Just a nitpick but does Chewie's right arm come off? There appears to be a seam at the shoulder.

Are you sure you can't edit your post #1? I know that I can edit mine. Perhaps you should PM a mod to let them know.

Reaction score
Are you sure you can't edit your post #1? I know that I can edit mine. Perhaps you should PM a mod to let them know.
Cool! I can edit it. I started a "for sale" thread in another section and I can't edit any of the original posts. I assumed the same here.

Reaction score
Those are really great PFs. Just a nitpick but does Chewie's right arm come off? There appears to be a seam at the shoulder.
Yes, the right arm is removable. He comes with an alternate arm holding a stormtrooper rifle a la the Death Star detention center scene. I commented on my local board that the shoulder seam is the only minor issue I have with this piece. Too bad SS couldn't sculpt the fur to better hide it.

Reaction score
This early 2014 lull in Hasbro and GG releases has led me to LEGO. I need something to spend my disposable income on! Wouldn't want to put it in savings or anything hehe. I ordered what appears to be a nice acrylic minifigure display case and I'm now in the process of slowly collecting OT LEGO minifigures, starting with ANH. I've always wished LEGO would sell the Star Wars minifigures individually, but then they probably wouldn't have as much success with the sets. I will probably stick with an OT display for now, but I might venture on to a PT display down the road. The only LEGO set I have is the original Death Star, but my sons have a bunch of them. Unfortunately, most of those have become victims of the almighty LEGO table storage pit.

Anyway, we'll see how pricey this gets. I have no idea how expensive some of the minifigures might be to acquire.

Reaction score
Here it is:

This will probably be the last addition to the room for awhile. I don't have much on pre-order right now that's due out in the near future (GG Ilum Yoda statue, SS security battle droids, SS probe droid).

Last edited:
Reaction score
May the Fourth be with you!

I was able to pick up the 12" stormtrooper at the Disney store today. It's actually got decent articulation and cool sound effects. It doesn't look too out of place here (aside from the sound button on his belly).

Maybe slightly larger scale than the Sideshow figures.

Reaction score
Nice addition for your collection, I got mine through the post the other day & I think they did a good job of it for the money. :)

Reaction score
Early on, Lego did release figures in three packs, but got in trouble with licensing. They are licensed for construction sets and Hasbro took a beef with them selling figures without other bricks. Lego is well aware of the collectible nature of the minifigures, and as such proudly lists on the front of all their sets "new figure." If they ever release a new set without a new minifigure, I think I'd die of surprise.

This early 2014 lull in Hasbro and GG releases has led me to LEGO. I need something to spend my disposable income on! Wouldn't want to put it in savings or anything hehe. I ordered what appears to be a nice acrylic minifigure display case and I'm now in the process of slowly collecting OT LEGO minifigures, starting with ANH. I've always wished LEGO would sell the Star Wars minifigures individually, but then they probably wouldn't have as much success with the sets. I will probably stick with an OT display for now, but I might venture on to a PT display down the road. The only LEGO set I have is the original Death Star, but my sons have a bunch of them. Unfortunately, most of those have become victims of the almighty LEGO table storage pit.

Anyway, we'll see how pricey this gets. I have no idea how expensive some of the minifigures might be to acquire.

Reaction score
Early on, Lego did release figures in three packs, but got in trouble with licensing. They are licensed for construction sets and Hasbro took a beef with them selling figures without other bricks. Lego is well aware of the collectible nature of the minifigures, and as such proudly lists on the front of all their sets "new figure." If they ever release a new set without a new minifigure, I think I'd die of surprise.
I was not aware of that. I like what Lego's doing adding more printed detail on the newer figures' legs, but I'm sure that makes figures just different enough to upset some collectors.

Reaction score
Thanks to a great transaction with another Scummer, here's my latest acquisition:

There are still a few older dioramas/statues I'd like to eventually add to the collection:
Sideshow's "The Circle is Complete" and "Duel of the Fates" and the GG biker scout on speeder bike.