Ki-Adi Mundi (Rumored)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The previously rumored Prequel Jedi #2 by Yakface, has now been confirmed by JediInsider to be Ki-Adi Mundi and is part of the second 2022 wave. It is unknown at this time whether he will be from AOTC or ROTS.

This wave is also rumored to include pipeline figures Figrin D'an & Princess Leia (Ewok Village), in addition to Aayla Secura and ARC Trooper Jesse.

Images for reference only.

Ki-Adi-Mundi-1-Resized.jpg
Ki-Adi-Mundi-2-Resized.jpg

Reaction score
So, I'll buy this, because hey, it's another Jedi we do not have, but as a character, I've always disliked his arrogant butt. He always struck me as "I'm a Jedi, I'm infallible" and that's why they failed.

Reaction score
So, I'll buy this, because hey, it's another Jedi we do not have, but as a character, I've always disliked his arrogant butt. He always struck me as "I'm a Jedi, I'm infallible" and that's why they failed.
Yeah, cool design, but terrible personality. They "almost" redeemed the design by creating concept art for a character in Jedi: Fallen Order but I'm glad they didn't use it because I like what we got instead.

EfajIe9XYAAc7vd

Reaction score
Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi were written to show the arrogance of the Jedi. Never liked either of them, personally. I understand they are technically "good" characters, but their attitudes are what led to the downfall of the Jedi Order.

That said, can't wait to add Ki-Adi to my collection.

Reaction score
Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi were written to show the arrogance of the Jedi. Never liked either of them, personally. I understand they are technically "good" characters, but their attitudes are what led to the downfall of the Jedi Order.

That said, can't wait to add Ki-Adi to my collection.

That and some supremely poor skills with the lightsaber. I mean it only took two swings for Sidious to kill Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar. Neither of them even tried to parry the strikes. Kit Fisto did at least block 2-3 blows before he died. All tolled, three Jedi masters were downed with less than 10 swings of Sidious' saber.

My personal theory is that Lucas blew his whole lightsaber budget on the final Obi Wan and Anakin duel and he wanted to keep the costs down.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They were probably just in shock that and old man like that leaped from his desk twirling three time before landing.

Reaction score
Ki-Adi-Mundi is getting a bad rap right now. Yoda was rather arrogant in the Prequels as well. We are able to look past it because we’ve already seen how he evolves in the Originals.

Reaction score
This is my favorite version of Ki Adi Mundi, but I have zero hope Hasbro would ever do a comic version such as this in 6".
TLC-1472.jpg

Reaction score
Look, they all bear some responsibility, but is anyone going to tell that to Sam Jackson? I'm certainly not.

That said, Mundi was at least kinda okay in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars. I still feel Mace was a badass, arrogant or not.

Reaction score
They were probably just in shock that and old man like that leaped from his desk twirling three time before landing.

It's funny that you say that. I read a theory online that suggested that when Palpatine leaped from his desk that he emitted a "force yell" which for a few seconds stunned the Jedi allowing him to kill Kolar and Tiin so quickly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That could be as well, he did after howl, and it could very well been a Sith battle cry that weekends the opponent. I mean we've seen weirder Force powers over the years, right? Well if you've ever ready any EU.

As for being arrogant, I think it could happen to anyone who's essentially been top dog for a Millenia, with no one to bring you down a peg.

Reaction score
That and some supremely poor skills with the lightsaber. I mean it only took two swings for Sidious to kill Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar. Neither of them even tried to parry the strikes. Kit Fisto did at block 2-3 blows before he died. All tolled, three Jedi masters were downed with less than 10 swings of Sidious' saber.

My personal theory is that Lucas blew his whole lightsaber budget on the final Obi Wan and Anakin duel and he wanted to keep the costs down.
To be fair his force scream when he twirled toward them was supposed to incapacitate them.

Reaction score
I read a theory online that suggested that when Palpatine leaped from his desk that he emitted a "force yell" which for a few seconds stunned the Jedi allowing him to kill the Kolar and Tiin so quickly.

Force yell? :rolleyes:

That stuns? :oops:

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The theories the fans come up with to justify the odd moments in their favorite films is pure gold at times.

Why can't the fans just admit it was a badly put together scene, like it happens in many other films, and some even great films, which also have their own WTF moments.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Force yell? :rolleyes:

That stuns? :oops:

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The theories the fans come up with to justify the odd moments in their favorite films is pure gold at times.

Why can't the fans just admit it was a badly put together scene, like it happens in many other films, and some even great films, which also have their own WTF moments.
Pretty sure it was part of the novelization or some form of canon. Don’t think it was only a fan theory lol.

Edit:

It was part of ROTS novelization.

Reaction score
Yeah, back when I played Star Wars: The Old Republic my Sith Warrior could use Force Scream which dealt damage and could also stun normal and weak enemies.

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was part of the novelization or some form of canon. Don’t think it was only a fan theory lol.

Edit:

It was part of ROTS novelization.

That makes it even worse.

Reaction score
I never liked Ki-Adi Mundi. He reminded me of the conehead from The Never Ending Story, and that just kinda turned me off to the character right from his first appearance in TPM.

But in ROTS, when his troops Order 66 him, I can't help but feel bad for the guy. That was some rare good acting in the prequels...whoever played him had a genuine look of shock and betrayal right before they gunned him down.

Reaction score
...whoever played him had a genuine look of shock and betrayal right before they gunned him down.
That was Silas Carson, I think he was involved behind the scenes in a lot of the lightsaber choreography and training of the actors.

He also played several characters throughout the prequel trilogy including Nute Gunray and the “captain, look!” copilot of the republic cruiser in the opening scene of TPM.

Reaction score
He never had enough screen time for me to form an opinion on him. Sure, he was likely pretty arrogant but that seems to be par for the course for Jedi of that era.

I know that Qui Gon Jinn also seemed to have a "my way or the highway" type of attitude in TPM. That did not bother me though because he was played by Liam Neeson and Liam is just awesome.

Reaction score
I did like his scenes and fight with Grievous, It gave Ki-Adi the most personality of his on screen appearances.