Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Custom Toy/Model - WIP

Reaction score
The craftsmanship and attention to detail are AMAZING! GREAT job Wolff : )
Steve
ps- This just keeps getting better and better. Your threads are educational!

Reaction score
Oh man! The level of detail you are putting into this project is phenomenal! This may be the ultimate diorama piece when completed.

Reaction score
The relief of Jabba (as is the rest of this project) is awesome!
You missed Jabba’s bowl/bong though!

Reaction score
Thanks for thr kudos....very happy you like it!!! :D :D

The relief of Jabba (as is the rest of this project) is awesome!
You missed Jabba’s bowl/bong though!

Yeah I know...recognized this after baking it! I thought it is more a bag full of gold or sth like that!??!?...No matter what...I missed it :(

Reaction score
I really don't think it matters one iota! The very fact you even did anything at all for the relief is beyond awesome.

Reaction score
Thank you!!! :D

....and BTW: I added the "thing" on the relief ;)

UPDATE:

The Interieur in the making. I really underestimated this time eating job. Gargoyles there, a Rancor statue here, paneling all over, pillows for the throne and carvings on Jabba's "armthing"....etc
Problems all over:
-The armthing was already glued to the throne when I decided to give it some cravings and the "Hutt symbol". I tried to remove it and it broke into several pieces. Now I have to carve the symbols while it is glued to the throne. Not so easy and the material is not really ideal.
- The pillows were finsihed and the glued to the throne. I the noticed that Jabba doesnt fit in there anymore because of the ceiling. So I had to sculpt those again while they are glued to the throne. Same material...not really ideal.
- The Rancor got several cracks because I obviously had him too often in the oven. Not sure if I try to go on or stop at this point before it is getting dust ?!?!?! Anyway...the alcohol tip worked. Thanks!

More pictures:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#03july2013

I really hope you like it.

Reaction score
Wow man!! Beautiful work. I really look forward to all your updates. Thank you for sharing man.

Reaction score
Wow man!! Beautiful work. I really look forward to all your updates. Thank you for sharing man.
Happy you like it! Thanks for the kudos.

Update:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#05july2013

First time all three parts (actually it is five parts) are screwed together. It doesnt fit 100% yet but I guess these smaller problems can be solved easily. And happy me: The windows are nearly done now! Only seven windows left from 42 in total (I am talking from the windows with the slits only...making them is pure pain...LOL).

Hope you like it. Have a great weekend! ;)

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats sic!

cant wait to see it finished, loving the updates

Reaction score
Man... again, just astounding. That thing is truly a frigging work of art! You've got some serious talent.

Reaction score
Forgot those:

-As always, terrific work! I can't wait to see the finished project!

---Now it's bothering me, was the "baby" rancor in the movie, as I don't recall ever seeing it.

Reaction score
--Now it's bothering me, was the "baby" rancor in the movie, as I don't recall ever seeing it.
Jabba had a small rancor statue near his dais on the sail barge, which is what I think this is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the very nice words. I hope to have some more time to go on very soon!

---Now it's bothering me, was the "baby" rancor in the movie, as I don't recall ever seeing it.
It is answered in post #40 here ;)

I post the picture again:

Or is there a problem with this picture showing up???

Anyway: There is a Rancor statue in the "throne" room of the barge! Im working on the base right now! :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just updated some pictures:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#19july2013

I decided to give the ship more lenght. In my opinion it looked way too stubby even for a toy. So I added 7,5 centimeters to the middle part and I think it looks way better now. Measurements are off I agree but without some changes Jabba wouldn't have fit inside.

Finally all windows are done...finally. I cannot tell you how happy I am right now because making all those windows was pure pain. Some facts (because I had fun counting those today):
It is 5 windows on the deck, 14 on the upper level and 28 on the level below, makes 47 windows with slits in total. 24 are fully movable.
To make those I needed to drill 938 holes, making 938 cuts and the needed to file and sand....and file and sand 469 slits.....it was really hard work.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_103.jpg
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_104.jpg

I even found a way to improve the stability (was thinking long about this because it was already waaay too late as I noticed): high-grade steel wires glued to the windows. It is small enough to be not that distracting and it helps the windows not to bend while opening....or even worse: break into pieces. The construction of the windows is very thin (1,5 mm thick on the outside and the frame is about 1,5-2mm wide) and all the slits make it very instable.

...and now a beer for me...or make it two...:cheers

Reaction score
You'd better make it a 6 pack! This continues to be one of the most incredible builds I've seen. Getting to see the process you've followed has been a real treat. Already looking forward to your next update...after you get a well-deserved rest!

Reaction score
This is amazing and the speed that you are working at is incredible. So looking forward to seeing this finished. Just curious are you a Vintage collector or do you have modern figures to go on this aswell? Also do you work from your own set of blueprints on this or where do you find your measurements?

Reaction score
Dude! If you were here in UK I'd buy your beers all night! AWESOME
Hmm....I speak to my wife....if that is not a reason to move to the UK the I don't know.... :awesome:

You'd better make it a 6 pack! This continues to be one of the most incredible builds I've seen. Getting to see the process you've followed has been a real treat. Already looking forward to your next update...after you get a well-deserved rest!
Thank you very much.....well it was at least more then 2...LOL

Your attention to detail and the craftsmanship is just jaw dropping! Amazing work buddy.
Steve...thank you very much...great you had some time to chimn in, buddy! ;)

This is amazing and the speed that you are working at is incredible. So looking forward to seeing this finished. Just curious are you a Vintage collector or do you have modern figures to go on this aswell? Also do you work from your own set of blueprints on this or where do you find your measurements?
I mainly collect vintage. But I have a Klaatu and GG from the latest line. I thought about buying the Jabba figures for the ship, but that Jabba I want seems incredible expensive :wtf: :hmm:

Blueprints?? LOL.....I work much more unorganized...I have a folder full of movie stills and some other customs. And I have one good movie picture which I originally scaled to my model size and can take the measurements from there (Photoshop). But I changed so much till now I will have to redo this one day.
I moslty make some crude sketches....shhh...here is a pic:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_148.jpg

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

UPDATE:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#22july2013

I added the paneling of the hull over the weekend. Gives much to the look IMO.
The paneling and railing of the upper level has to wait. Next up is building the undersurface. Therefore I need to rotated the whole ship to work on it and want to preserve the deck from damage, thats why the whole deck has to wait.

Okay the door may be too complicated....therefore I hope it beeing nearly "invisble". :D

Thanks for looking

Wolff

Reaction score
I wish there was some way you could cast and sell these. I think you would make a whole lot of money.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Reaction score
Ok dude you owe me a keyboard as my jaw broke mine when it dropped open. Hahahaha All joking aside this is just amazing to watch your progress.

Reaction score
I'm enjoying this thread. B)

Hasbro could learn a thing or two from you!

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on your blueprints, no need to be ashamed of those, I can see how they'd be really usefull. I like to see other customisers workflow and try and adapt it to my own. I've just started the drawing stage on a correctly sized skiff, but if its anything like my other projects Hasbro will have re-released the old one and a newly sculpted one before I finish mine! This is my current favorite thread.

Reaction score
Hmm....I speak to my wife....if that is not a reason to move to the UK the I don't know.... :awesome:

Thank you very much.....well it was at least more then 2...LOL

Steve...thank you very much...great you had some time to chimn in, buddy! ;)

I mainly collect vintage. But I have a Klaatu and GG from the latest line. I thought about buying the Jabba figures for the ship, but that Jabba I want seems incredible expensive :wtf: :hmm:

Blueprints?? LOL.....I work much more unorganized...I have a folder full of movie stills and some other customs. And I have one good movie picture which I originally scaled to my model size and can take the measurements from there (Photoshop). But I changed so much till now I will have to redo this one day.
I moslty make some crude sketches....shhh...here is a pic:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_148.jpg

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

UPDATE:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#22july2013

I added the paneling of the hull over the weekend. Gives much to the look IMO.
The paneling and railing of the upper level has to wait. Next up is building the undersurface. Therefore I need to rotated the whole ship to work on it and want to preserve the deck from damage, thats why the whole deck has to wait.

Okay the door may be too complicated....therefore I hope it beeing nearly "invisble". :D

Thanks for looking

Wolff
I somehow missed this thread up until now. This is absolutely amazing! Even if Hasbro gets around to producing a Sail Barge, I can't imagine that it will compare to this one - it's brilliant work.

Reaction score
Wow guys. Thank you so much for all the nice words. I am really enjoying reading all your comments!

Not sure if it is possibel to cast this one. I will first finish it and then maybe let us see what I am able to do! ;)

Ok dude you owe me a keyboard as my jaw broke mine when it dropped open. Hahahaha All joking aside this is just amazing to watch your progress.
Hahaha....does it look like this??
http://allansplace.ca/ogl/2009/12/keyboard Microsoft broken 001.jpg

:awesome:

Here is an update on the engines:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/#01august2013

Finally finished the "engines" I started long ago (see here: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/khetanna/khetanna_084.jpg)
I needed to buy a model kit (Tank) for the details first. I also added some light. A few "cables" and "wires" will follow later.

Now on with the undersurface.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dude. This thing is so good it makes me mad, because Hasbro will NEVER make anything this good. Seriously, amazing work.

Reaction score
Great! Now I'm drooling with anticipation over this!!!! Incredible work!! If I could do half of what you did, I think I'd deem myself an artist, and start to dress all sophisticated like!

Reaction score
Your nice words are appreciated as always!! B) B)

Dude. This thing is so good it makes me mad, because Hasbro will NEVER make anything this good. Seriously, amazing work.
:'(...don't get mad dude!! :D :D ;). Seriously.....the build sometimes makes me mad. o-o....I often thought: "must..... resist...smashing it on the floor.....must...destroy....something...else.....:awesome: :whistling:

I often read comments like: "you make it look easy to build this", but to be honest I am really at my limits from time to time....:rolleyes:;)

The build of the undersurface is already making me mad again...so some creative break for now! B)

Great! Now I'm drooling with anticipation over this!!!! Incredible work!! If I could do half of what you did, I think I'd deem myself an artist, and start to dress all sophisticated like!
:awesome: I am not dressed sophisticated at all :awesome:....just a "normal guy"......trying to do justice to his childhood dream :D

Thanks for the nice words ;)

Wolff

Last edited: