Kevin J. Anderson signing *Update+Report 11/5*

Reaction score
For those of you who are interested in getting any of Kevin's books signed, he will be at the Citadel Drive B&N on the 17th starting at 4 PM. The full address is: 795 Citadel Drive East, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. The notice that I got says that there will be prizes and giveaways as well as to bring a friend, but it doesn't specify what they are. I have met Kevin once before and had a great time getting my books signed since he was interesting to talk to and was willing to answer (and ask) a few questions. That was a more secluded setting though, so I have no idea how willing he will be at this signing. I will probably be there at 4 and stay at least half an hour so hopefully I'll be able to meet at least one of the local scummers.

Reaction score
Re: Kevin J. Anderson signing

I finally had the time to post some pictures and write up a little report of the signing event. I went into B&N about five minutes early and found the area where it was going to be taking place, then went to see if B&N had any good deals on any of his books.
At about 4:02, an employee announced over the PA that Kevin was going to be giving a lecture and signing books in a few minutes. I made my way to the front of the store and every chair that they had set out (about twenty) was taken. So I joined about five other people who were standing around at the back. After standing there for about a minute, Kevin asked if there was anyone who hadn't already entered the drawing for a Paul of Dune T-shirt. I went up, entered my name, and went back up a few seconds later to get the shirt my name had won on the first draw!
Kevin commented that he liked my shirt (C4 Ewok Diorama Builders) and then drew about four more names before he was out of shirts. Two people then won a green or purple water bottle (he only had one of each) before he begin his lecture. He talked about the book tour that he was completing, the Dune series, what his next projects were, when they would start, when they would be done, various other books that he wrote and how he came to write them, etc. (The entire lecture had humor and jokes mixed in which made it both informative and enjoyable.) After about 45 minutes, he answered all the questions that were asked, (Everyone had run out of questions in about 10 minutes. It seemed like he would have answered more, but like I said, the fans ran out of questions first.)
then started signing books, giving away signed copies of Crystal Doors to anyone who wanted one, passing out bookmarks and gummy Sandworms, and making jokes all the while! One of the comments that I found to be the funniest was how the fans that are able to buy every one of his books couldn't afford to pay rent or buy groceries so he invites them to these events so he can feed, clothe, and provide them with free reading material. That way, he gets even more dedicated fans who will keep showing up at his events hoping that at the next one there will be even more and better freebies!
I guess that just about wraps up this report. If you made it this far through, I hope that you enjoyed this report and great job on making it to the end!
I had just a great a time as I had at the first signing of his that I attended. I can't wait until his next signing event and I highly recommend that if you have the chance to attend one of his events, you go for it. The five photos underneath this mountain of text are of:
1. Everything that I got at the event.

2. The back of the T-shirt listing the stops on the book tour.

3. The sig in TFTMEC which is the book I brought to be signed.

4. Rebecca's sig in TFTMEC for the story she wrote.

5. Kevin and Rebecca's signatures in Crystal Doors.