Kevin Feige's Star Wars project

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet..

"...tonight it's being reported that the producer behind Avengers: Endgame, the biggest movie of all time, is developing a new Star Wars movie."

https://movieweb.com/kevin-feige-star-wars-movie-disney/
https://movieweb.com/star-wars-kevin-feige-movie-cast-lucasfilm/

"...For the time being, Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge of Lucasfilm, and there are no plans to change that. One top Disney insider claims Kevin Feige already has an actor in mind for a specific role* when he makes the movie, and has already reached out to this unidentified individual.* It could even be someone already involved with the MCU*, but no further info is provided. Let the speculation begin."

(meanwhile, Rian Johnson is "still working on" deciding who his characters will be, and where he wants them to go.. in other words..
he hasn't EVEN completed a first draft of his story yet LOL -- whenever asked, he always says, he's "still working on it" -- whatever that means). ROFL!

* rumor and speculation seems to point towards Brie Larson as the "unidentified" MCU Mystery Actor (based solely on one twitter post that she made about being a SW fan)...
https://movieweb.com/star-wars-movie-brie-larson-kevin-feige/
.....but if I had to guess, it seems MUCH more likely, he would cast Sebastion Stan as a young Luke Skywalker.

either way , this seems to be the smartest thing Disney has done with the brand so far -- to hand SW over, to the producer of the MCU.

(IS this a "first step" towards replacing Kathleen Kennedy?)

-= discuss =-

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh God… MCU-SW… Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu....Zzzzzzz. Just when I think SW couldn’t sink any lower.

Brie is the epitome of empty, bland and arrogant.

Kevin/MCU/Brie is going to have me appreciating Kathy/Rian/Rey… LOL...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Feige is woke too, he will not save Star Wars, he will probably make Disney a lot of money though.
And Brie... if they are trying to heal the fanbase, it would be very odd to bring one in that will split what's left of the fanbase, based purely on her statements etc.

Dooku says twice the pride, double the fall

Reaction score
I guess they want to go down in a blaze of glory.

Edit: I should clarify my comment. I was referring to casting Brie Larson in a Star Wars movie. She's was a terrible Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeh, heard about that the other day, but I can't say I was that enthused. The MCU isn't the holy grail to me, as it is to some. In fact, I think much of it is dreck and over all very poor examples of film making, so Feige's involvement means nothing to me personally.

However, his inclusion into Diswars only solidifies my suspicion that Disney were and are trying to Marvelise Star Wars, because they haven't the first clue what made Star Wars great in the first place.

Reaction score
perhaps its a case of 'too little too late'. IMO they should have started with this. it was a mistake to allow KK to run amok for 4 years with no clue as to what she was doing. say what you want about the 'dreck' of the individual MCU films, the ONE thing they got right was "world building" on a grand scale. under Feige, the MCU "spun a yarn" which went on for 22 movies!! meanwhile, KK spun a yarn that fell apart after the very FIRST outing -- she couldn't even manage to 'string together' episodes 7 and 8 -- at this point, SW is in desperate need of "world building", and that's what Feige brings to the table. but at this point, even if they fired KK and replaced her with Feige, it might be to late to do anything about it. in the last 4 years, KK has steered this franchise into an iceberg. now the ship is sinking. a change of leadership might be 'too little too late' at this late stage of the game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They should've started with listening to George, take his drafts/outlines and work from there. After all he created this galaxy.

Reaction score
^^ in that case, KK would still be in charge, making all the same decisions over the last 4 years.
meaning: even if she followed GL's story kernel, the net result would have been largely the same.
(she produced "crystal skull", which was written by GL, and just look how well that turned out).

for the record, she was also the Producer on "The Last Airbender" movie.
and just look how well THAT franchise turned out. it was over before it began.
as a movie serial, it lasted for a total of "one" movie before it all fell apart.. (sound familiar? LOL!)

(IMO) Disney should have replaced KK a long time ago.
Feige is the most qualified candidate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
also, I seem to remember some kind of drama where Feige was running into friction from Ike Perlmutter the head of Marvel Comics.
Bob Iger changed the management structure so Feige would report directly to Disney.

https://cosmicbook.news/bob-iger-marvel-war-kevin-feige-ike-perlmutter

Disney CEO Bob Iger has a new book out where he goes into detail in regards to the war between Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and then Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter over the direction of the MCU films.

Long story short, Feige has been said to have butted heads with Ike Perlmutter and his advisory team, the Marvel Comics Creative Committee (MCCC), over the direction of the MCU movies, which caused a civil war within Disney.

Reportedly, things got so bad that Ike Perlmutter and his MCCC are said to be the reason why director Joss Whedon left Marvel Studios and quit comic book movies following the release of The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

James Gunn touched upon the troubles he had with the MCCC while doing the first Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Russos have also said that life is much better now that the MCCC and Perlmutter are no longer involved with Marvel Studios.

Iger says he realized it was causing a problem between the LA (Feige) and the NY (Perlmutter) studios and that he had to step in, which saw Perlmutter and his cronies out, and Marvel Studios (Feige) report back to Disney film chief Alan Horn instead of Perlmutter.

While Iger cut off Perlmutter and his MCCC from being involved with the movies, Perlmutter is still in control of Marvel TV, Comics, Gaming, Licensing, and Merchandising, as Perlmutter happens to be an eccentric billionaire holding one of the highest amounts of shares of Disney.

Book quote from Iger: "Kevin is one of the most talented film executives in the business, but my sense was that the strained relationship with New York was threatening his continued success. I knew I had to intervene, and so in May 2015, I made the decision to split Marvel’s movie-making unit off from the rest of Marvel and bring it under Alan Horn and the Walt Disney Studios. Kevin would now report directly to Alan, and would benefit from his experience, and the tensions that had built up between him and the New York office would be alleviated."
^^ this is what Lucasfilm needs. if KK has to be the CEO of Lucasfilm.... then let her deal with Hasbro and publish comic books or whatever she does all day. turn the "movie" production over to a guy like Feige, and let him report directly to Alan Horn, bypassing KK altogether.

I have to imagine, if Feige is producing a SW movie (in place of KK who 'normally' produces this stuff), then it's a good bet Iger had SOMETHING to do with this decision. we can only hope, that it's only a matter of time, before KK isn't producing SW movies at all anymore. I see this as a 'first step' toward pushing her out.

ie: KK is to Lucasfilm, as Perlmutter is to Marvel.. he's the CEO of Marvel Comics.... but that doesn't mean he knows squat about producing a hit movie franchise. (and neither does SHE).

Last edited:
Reaction score
While Feige has done a good job running the MCU, it's not Star Wars. I'm not certain I want him at the helm here anymore than KK or JJ. For the most part I have thoroughly enjoyed the MCU, but I'm also not blind to some of the duds through the years. Or at least uninteresting to me. Just because I've loved 90% of the movies doesn't mean the franchise is flawless.

And turning Star Wars into Marvel probably isn't the answer anymore than what we just endured. Personally I'm not interested in Brie as much of anything, she didn't really deliver that much in Capt. Marvel. And as a long time fan of the character, I was a bit letdown.

I think what worked for Star Wars was the gritty unpolished feel. And for whatever reasons the characters were endearing. So they need to cut back on the frills and over the top "this is my time now", and just make a good movie with an interesting plot and characters.

Reaction score
okay maybe 75%, I was never too good at fractions. Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Dr. Strange I can pretty just live without ever seeing again. GOTG 2 is still watchable, but less so than the first. And Black panther scores just above those 4. So i probably really only love 15 of them, with a couple at being just okay.

Still doesn't mean Feige is the right man fer Star Wars. Not that he could do any worse, but that just my opinion. Lot of people seem to like the ST no problem. :\

Reaction score
Feige has shown the ability to do one thing that Disney has failed to do with the sequels and that is have a story arc for the entire trilogy. Aside from being a crappy story, the fact that they had no overarching plan is another reason why the the ST was doomed. I'd take my chances with Feige at this point.