Ketwol

Reaction score
Ketwol facts.

Maybe this question belong in the 'movies' section, but here it is: Is the alien known as Ketwol part of the original trilogy or the Special Edition trilogy?

Reaction score
Re: Ketwol facts.

Good thing I didn't just buy it. I'm an original trilogy 'only' collector. Thanks!

Reaction score

Ketwol's one of the best cantina aliuens, though - he's unique, genuinely non-human, and has cool accessories (Removable pants!)

GNT

Reaction score

Ketwol was just Melas (another cantina alien) rubber mask inside out, back to front.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
And [he] has cool accessories.

[/QUOTE]

Who needs and "Action Feature" or a "Super-Posable" figure when you can have them removable pants!

Reaction score

GNT said:
Ketwol was just Melas (another cantina alien) rubber mask inside out, back to front.
Actually it was upside down with an added headwear.

This trick works pretty good with the figure too.

Reaction score

all i know is lak sivrak is gone cause of this green midget elephant backwords head removable pants pics of s$!t. Im big on new backrounders and the EU but this one pissed me off. Perhaps the saddest part of all is Sivrak got a figure ONLY after he had already been replaced.

Reaction score

You're forgetting something else.

Lak Sivrak and the other wolfman only existed because Rick Baker grabbed some spare werewolf masks off his shelf when filming the rest of the cantina scene. george Lucas never liked them because they were so obviously cheap and out of place when compared to everyone else.

Reaction score

Someone liked the wolfman enough for him to show up in the Clone Wars cartoon...

Reaction score

jedikatarn said:
Someone liked the wolfman enough for him to show up in the Clone Wars cartoon...
I thought he wsa cool. He was cool enough to get a figure in the POTF2 line unlike some of the other cantina aliens.

Reaction score

Ridureyu said:
Lak Sivrak and the other wolfman only existed because Rick Baker grabbed some spare werewolf masks off his shelf when filming the rest of the cantina scene. george Lucas never liked them because they were so obviously cheap and out of place when compared to everyone else.
Boy Mr. Lucas, where are your priorities? You digitally replace a wolf guy who appears for literally three seconds just because you don't like him? While in ROTJ every single Imperial Officer has identical rank plaques? And there are other more important things that can be fixed also, not to mention when your special editions made things worse (Han and Greedo immediately come to mind). Do you ever think about what you're going to do before you act?

Okay, I admit I got into a little rant there, but c'mon! Wolfman was just a spare mask on the shelf, but as GNT said, so was Ketwol's. And what's up with his removable pants? If Ketwol has them, then logically shouldn't every figure have em? (Please do not think too much about that sentence.
) Dang, at least Lak Sivrak had a bit of a personality; I guess the best marketing strategy Hasbro could find for Ketwol was being able to strip him down so you could see his "legs."

Reaction score

I think the "wolfman" was kool and any creature in the cantina was strange and cool.

Reaction score

actually ketwol and lak are the only cantina figures ive never bought.
ketwol sucks and is lame and i have no interest at all.

anbd i loved lak since i was a kid, but its one of the worst figures in my opinion.

its one of those things where you have to say is george doing it for the fans or for himself.
he has changed all these things and pissed a lot of fans off.
but does he actually watch these films, does he really give a crap, does he collect the figures and dress up to go to conventions and argue about a figure having the wrong lightsaber hilt.
some of these people worship him for these films, why cant he just let the fans have and be happy.
still no original trilogy on dvd.

Reaction score

Noisemaze said:
E_CHU_TA said:
But he has removeable pants.
REMOVEABLE PANTS!
well i guess there should be a pervert or 2 in the cantina.

Reaction score

Centurn said:
Good thing I didn't just buy it. I'm an original trilogy 'only' collector. Thanks!
then it's odd not to know which aliens were added in 1997

Reaction score

E_CHU_TA said:
Noisemaze said:
E_CHU_TA said:
But he has removeable pants.
REMOVEABLE PANTS!
well i guess there should be a pervert or 2 in the cantina.
Find my "search for the Pope" figuretoon. ketwol's pants figure into a scene.

Reaction score

I dont know what the big deal is here, I think the main factor we are all forgeting is the:

"Removable Pants Factor"

Why cant we all just agree that that is 100% Wholeheartedly
Fun for the whole familly!

Reaction score

It is strange that they made a toy that you can take the pants off the toy.

Reaction score

Its weird but Awesome, I think that should have been a Fans choice, I would have voted for it!

Reaction score

blaster_E11 said:
Centurn said:
then it's odd not to know which aliens were added in 1997
Dude, I'm lazy and not that hardcore.