Ketwol

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Our Ketwol figure was just on TV!

Ok whatever you say

Reaction score
Re: Our Ketwol figure was just on TV!

Yeah, there's a Pacithhip in Mos Espa. But the real Ketwol is in EP IV Special edition in the cantina (he replaced Lak Sirvak).

G

Ketwol sucks!

I just got Ketwol today and realized where in the Star Wars universe he's from. He replaced Lak Sivrak in the Special Edition. Why did they do that? What a dumb character and figure. Who ever heard of pants for an accessory? I don't blame people for not buying him. I was too ignorant to know. Don't be sucked in! Stupid metal legs!

Reaction score
Re: Ketwol sucks!

Snap-on pants rock! Can never have too many Cantina aliens! And besides, change his clothes and turn his head around and you have Melas! Too cool! My only complaint is that they warmed the pegs at my local Target for about a year.

I like the character design!

Reaction score

there is a Kewtol in the deleted Pod Race scenes on the dvd.

Reaction score

Ketwol the ALTERNATIVE version!!!

I bought two Ketwols at Target for $1.98 each.

One I kept "normal," the other I made slightly interesting.

If you notice, Ketwol's stubby feet are strapped atop the silver stilts. I just cut the stilts off and flattened out the bottoms with an Xacto. Then I trimmed his cloak, stuck a removed stilt in each hand, and viola--a more natural Ketwol.

Other than that, there's not much excitement with this figure. He's just a space filler in the cantina scene.

Reaction score

C'mon! Ketwol is great!

I spotted an alien that looks a lot like Ketwol on Mos Espa in TPM. One time he was in the Pod hangar walking around, the other time in the stands cheering during the Pod Race.

He's in ANH:SE? I didn't know that.

He was also in the February (?) 1999 issue of VANITY FAIR on the fold-out cover.

All hail King Ketwol! :)

G

Have to agree with JediPadawan on Ketwol......he's a great character & figure....also can't have enough aliens mainly cantina aliens & besides he's my namesake here.

GNT

Reaction score

Originally posted by Guy DuBlanc:
C'mon! Ketwol is great!

I spotted an alien that looks a lot like Ketwol on Mos Espa in TPM. One time he was in the Pod hangar walking around, the other time in the stands cheering during the Pod Race.

He's in ANH:SE? I didn't know that.

He was also in the February (?) 1999 issue of VANITY FAIR on the fold-out cover.

All hail King Ketwol! :)
<font size="2" face="arial">Actually Ketwol is based on TPM version as they have their tusks down,in ANH he has them up.

G

Yo Vader's crony, I just wondering WHY you bought it if you think da figure sucks so much!!

Reaction score

My neighbor has great fun playing with his Ketwol and his removable pants...er...wait, he's got Jango Fett.

G

Snapping pants, metal legs what's not to love!!
I must agree that he did warm up the pegs for quite a while!! I am glad to have him as a part of my collection.

Reaction score

well he didn't warm any pegs over here! i'd love to have him but once again hasbro uk has let me down what a shock!

G

hey ponda
u can get them in leeds for 7.99 each
they had quite a few last time i checked

Reaction score

I have to admit, when I heard he was being made I really didn't care and I had no intention of buying him.

But I got the figure as a gift, and once I got him out of the package I thought he was pretty cool. But I still don't know why they molded him with droopy tusks

Reaction score

I like Ketwol! He's a cool-looking alien that can be used to make a custom Melas, and the removable trousers are good for a laugh. I show off my collection to my friends, and I always point out Ketwol with his Removable Action Pants! Always gets a chuckle.

Reaction score

Boy im getting alot of use out of this.

ONe supposedly had a yaruba (forget the spelling- someother pack animal in episode 1) YOu can see bunches in the pod racer stands.

Reaction score

I don't think that Ketwol is a very good figure, especially after seeing the pants thing a couple of weeks ago...sure, I picked him up (when he got really cheap) and mainly because I needed him in my collection, but he's not a great figure at all.

Reaction score

Removeable pants are pretty funny, but I thought the whole stilts thing was pretty lame

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Secret Legs With Ketwol!!! .......

Originally posted by Chumba2000:
so why did Hasbro bother to do this?
<font size="2" face="arial">Probably as an added bonus to EU fans I guess, they felt like they could do what they wanted with it.

Reaction score

Talking bout bumping an old tread

GNT

Reaction score

His question was never answered, so what does everyone think of his little feature?

Reaction score
Reaction score

I think its a funny figure. Very interesting indeed.

Reaction score

i still love this figure. of course i love almost everything that the POTJ line spat' out!

G

That looks like it could be used as some custom fodder.

Reaction score

Do you think Chumba2000 has been checking this board for two years waiting for someone to answer his question? Maybe he though we were ignoring him. I mean it did take 2 years to answer!!! Maybe he got so dispondent that he left the group and joined a Star Trek message board. I mean if these Star Wars people won't answer a simple question, the starved for human contact Star Trek geeks will answer!

He's got to be happy someone finally answered his question!

Reaction score

Bumping a thread to answer a two year old question.

Hmmmmm.

By the way, what does everyone think Episode 3 is going to be about?

Bump this in 2 years and tell me.

G

Ketwol is da kewlist fig ever, man!

Reaction score

ketwol was almost a totally different figure! and he had a different name. this is 1 of 10 hasbro figure sketches i have for the 3&3/4 line. just thought people might get a kick out of what almost was.

G

Originally posted by JoshEEE:
Bumping a thread to answer a two year old question.

Hmmmmm.

By the way, what does everyone think Episode 3 is going to be about?

Bump this in 2 years and tell me.
<font size="2" face="arial">LOL!

GNT

Reaction score

Where di you get that ZAC THE STAR WARS MAC and what other ones do you have?

Reaction score

i got them from a x-hasbro person. all together i have 15. in the epic force line i have boba fett, darth vader, leia, han, and c3p0. in the 3&3/4 line i have t'ann snord, biggs, ugnaughts 2 pack, endor rebel soldier, death star trooper, ree yees, lak sivrak, admiral piett, ishi tib, and ishi tib cloak. some of the 3&3/4 figures have some differances between the sketches and the final figure. t'ann snord being the biggist, biggs has a removable helmet, the arms on the rebel soldier are closer to the newer release.

Reaction score

Oy. I like the 'what could have been' Ketwol much better.

I think he also would have sold better....

Thanks for sharing that pic Zac!

Reaction score

It would be nice to see some of those pictures posted of a weekly basis on these forums, I've never seen those types of figure pictures before.

Good work!

Reaction score

a german website i think called
http://www.4-inches.de
has offered to host/show the pictures. i will send them a couple tonight. would have been nice if a american sight would have offered but oh well. i think rebelscum didnt want to becuse i have some of the copies up for auction and it would be against their policy or somthing.

Reaction score

Maybe if they would have made Ketwol (well, T'aan Snord) like that, he wouldn't still be sitting on shelves to this very day (there's about 6 of him at my local WalMart)