Ketwol

Reaction score
Re: Ketwol stinks! (or \"Smells like McFarlane\")

The smell goes away. Naboo Qui-gon and Obi-Wan's robes had a similar smell. I like it!!

Reaction score

heh heh 3rdalien, that was one of Abe's finer moments.

RocketFett, it is almost certainly the pants. It's been 9 days since I got mine and they still stink. I'm afraid I've only got the one Ketwol, no extras, sorry. I think the sculpt is fantastic on this figure, but for more details, check out my review: http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000096.html

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

Log

Reaction score

Ketwol's pants smell huh?

Odd....

[This message has been edited by PhoenixCollector (edited 06-15-2001).]

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhoenixCollector:
Ketwol's pants smell huh?

Odd....

[This message has been edited by PhoenixCollector (edited 06-15-2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Reaction score

Didn't Alanis Morrisette have a song about this called "Stinky Britches"?
(if you know this reference, then I know what you probably watch every Wednesday at 10pm
.)

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds

Reaction score
Customizing Ketwol?

This must be a joke that is going right over my head.

It's said that Lucas just turned the Ketwol mask around, stuck a scarf on it, and made i into a new alien.

What mask? Ketwol is CG. I'm oubiously missing something

------------------
No interest in contests, do I have.

G

Re: Customizing Ketwol?

I don't know, but it just occured to me the other day that "Ketwol" backwards is "Lowtek" or "Low Tech." Hmm.

G

I heard the same thing and saw a pic where someone turned the head around. i don't get it either....

Log

Reaction score

I thought Ketwol was a guy in a suit ala Lak Sivrak....

Reaction score

Nah, PC Ketwol was added in to the Special Edition of ANH.

That's intersting about the "low tek" thing...I've seen the Melas custom, and it's done just like in the movie. I was watching Episode 4 when I made my first post.

------------------

G

You know, Melas backwards is "Salem". Perhaps Lucas is promoting smoking and witch-burning. Or both. Maybe he's telling us we should smoke witches. I really think I'm onto something here.

Reaction score

Is George trying to tell us that---burning a witch is low tech?? hmmm

G

No, the smoke that results from burning witches is low-tech. It's so obvious. The whole thing is a hint at what will occur in the last two prequels. Palpatine sets the Republic on a "witch hunt" for the Jedi. They are then persecuted and executed. The result is the Empire and a DECLINE IN TECHNOLOGY.

G

Ketwol with or without pants?

Okay SO I got my Ketwol over a month ago and cannot for the life of me remember if he was packaged with his pants on or packaged iwth them off. Today I saw one at a Target with the pants off revealing his stubs. The pants were in the package just placed behidn and to the left of the figure. It didn't lool like a repack it looked like it was supposed to be that way. Now, I am I crazy? Is this old news? Is this a new variation?
Someone help. I've gone MAD!

G

Re: Ketwol with or without pants?

He came in the package without pants. Hasbro sure is getting risque these days.

Reaction score

Ketwol without his pants, Maul without his shirt...I suppose Hasbro is catering to the adult collectors!

Note: I didn't make an Amidala joke!

------------------

Dax

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darth Larth:
Ketwol without his pants, Maul without his shirt...I suppose Hasbro is catering to the adult collectors!

Note: I didn't make an Amidala joke!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't wait for that new Slave Leia figure!

G

See, background aliens can end up euphamising an entire plot line! "Set decorations", bah!

Reaction score
A Ketwol question?

As I step into the POTJ forum for the first time in a long time....

I just had a small question about Ketwol. I seem to remember that this alien was originally designed to represent two different aliens. When the head is viewed from the front he looks like he's a mutated elephant, and when you give the head a 180 degree turn he looks like a mutated frog. Am I totally whacked out on spice or hasn't this been said about the Ketwol design?

And why is his only accessory pants?

------------------
"If your going to play with your Skiff, please, use a Skiff Guard."

~Spirit-of~
Moderator for EP1 Forums/Bouncer for Wuher's Cantina
SpiritOf@collectstarwars.com

Reaction score
Re: A Ketwol question?

It has been discussed before, but no one seems to dwell on it. You can turn the fig's head 180 deg., so you can make Ketwol whichever "alien" you want. Now lay off the spice or it's the gom jabbar for you.

Reaction score

SPICE!
The worms are coming...

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

Ty

Reaction score

Turn his head around.. give him a red turbin-type hat and you've got the SE character Melas..

It is actually pretty cool looking, there;s been numerous pics floating around of this custom.. really easy to pull off too

Reaction score

But still (as I asked last time) how did ILM turn a MASK around?? It's a CG alien!

------------------
Marge: That's a pretty lousy lesson.

Clinton: I'm a pretty lousy president.
-----

Reaction score

Ketwol was a puppet, so ILM made it digital with the head turned around. To make Melas.

I believe the creation of Melas was done by accident. I read somewhere that the Prop guys left the head off the body with a hat on it and the digital artists came in to look at it. They saw it that way and built it into the computer. There was something about the tusks that they had and George Lucas said remove them, that he liked the creature.
Then he was stuck into the film.

I still wish they just would of made a CG wolfman instead of the others.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

G

What was so wrong with Lak? The original version of ANH saw more aliens in the cantina sequence, only to be edited crudely for the Special Edition. I'm slightly baffled by this...

Reaction score

Wait, I read through many sources that Ketwol was a fully-CGI creature, which explains his large Joh Yowza eyes. Now, he was 3d modeled in a computer, so it's not difficult to simply turn the computer generated image model around in a computer.

------------------
"Everything we have is on the shelves" - the living nightmare continues

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ

G

Kasual Ketwol

I bought a second Ketwol and removed his stilts for a more natural look. I still have to work on the feet straps, but I might just leave them.

And since I had some pants and a coat leftover, I did the only right thing: Covered up MOTDS Vader's unsightly crotchpiece!
http://www.angelfire.com/geek/czahr/czahrcam.html

Hey Mods, why can't I post my pics from Angelfire on here??

------------------
czahr.semonic.com

[This message has been edited by 3rdalien (edited 07-30-2001).]

Reaction score
Re: Kasual Ketwol

I plan on doing this, too, so He'll fit in my Cantina diorama.

In the meantime.....

Dare I say that I've made "Erect Ketwol"?
I turned his tusks upright the way they are supposed to be. It just didn't look right to me the way the figure was.

Reaction score

The reason you can't source pics from Angelfire, Geocities, and other sites, is because they have CGI protection against getting their bandwidth usurped by other sites. Even worse, when a poster has already seen a pic and puts it in their post, they can see it because they already saw it off the correct site and it's cached, so they often don't know that they have errors or replacement images showing up in their posts. Many sites don't even let you link directly to the image.

Heh heh, that vader is freaky-deeky!

------------------
"My mom says there's a lot of black people in China." - Eric Cartman, young, confused son of a crack-addicted hermaphrodite

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 07-30-2001).]

G

They do kind of look like raver fatty-pants don't they? Maybe I should reshoot the picture with some Twilekian raver girls dancing with him, and Joh Yowza on the turntables.

------------------
czahr.semonic.com

[This message has been edited by 3rdalien (edited 07-30-2001).]

G

Ketwol or Ketwal?

Found the last dam Ketwol at my local Ghetto Wal-mart today.Although the dam things weren't marked down at that store.They were $6.44 though,still cant complain..Anyhow,I got home and noticed on the back it says Ketwal?Maybe I might have missed a thread regarding this,so here it is again because I do not know about it.Any thoughts on this,or anyone elses say that too?Since this is the first time I have seen this figure,I gotta say that it looks great!!

------------------
I had a droid named Gonk once,and..well..he had a droid friend and his name was Gonk too..How many droids do I own again?
www.lunarpages.com/droidfactory

Reaction score
Re: Ketwol or Ketwal?

Yeah it's a sweet figure indeed. I can't remember for sure, but I think all the Ketwols are spelled wrong on the back of the Force File.

G

Our Ketwol figure was just on TV!

While watching the special, R2-D2 Beneath the Dome, I saw the inspiration for the figure Hasbro made of Ketwol. It was during a scene shot on the Mos Espa set. R2, Padme and Jar Jar are walking out of an alley and a green-skinned Pacithhip dressed in an orange shirt with a red cloak strolled by. It was him, I know it! The tusks were even the same. I taped it, so I will try to get a screen cap posted.