Ketwol

GNT

Reaction score
I saw the picture of Ketwol and it appears he has secret metal legs!

Check out (To see what I mean!):
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/potjketwolstilts.jpg

Quote from Rebelscum:
According to Star Wars lore, Ketwol uses mechanical extensions to compensate for his, ah, shortcomings!

So only loose collectors will ever see this!

Thoughts?

GNT™

Ty

Reaction score
Re: Secret Legs With Ketwol!!! .......

Because I'm building a very respectable Cantina I plan on getting two of this bad boy. Can't wait to get him either! I just hope it doesnt take 6+ months till he's released...

Reaction score

Its just great to see that where Hasbro could have taken and easy out and nobody would be the wiser, they have gone the extra mile and given us an awesome figure....I know some of you were hoping for articulated knees...I hope you all feel this makes up for it...I know I do

------------------
"...is there anybody out there..."

Reaction score

So how does that all work? Does his stubby little torso and legs come out of the pants? Are the robotic legs removable as well? Also,

From the pic you've got it looks like his little green legs move. I also ssume their is a portion of the pants that snaps into place to keep his "little" secret.

G

Wow...this is one cool looking alien figure. If you really can remove him from his trousers and the legs are articulated, as they appear to be, this could be my favorite alien figure ever! I can't wait to rip this one out of the package!

Reaction score

According to one of my friends who is lucky enough to be at Toy Fair says the legs of Ketwol are removable from the pants. A person at the Hasbro booth had them seperated.
He was not sure how the pants / legs attaches to the upper torso. There are no magnets or anything thats visable at this time. I think it will be a magnet like Darth Maul.
I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THIS FIGURE!

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

G

Just out of curiosity, why does the Ketwol have legs articulated in this way? In ANH you couldn't see his legs, so why did Hasbro bother to do this? Not that I'm complaining, I'm just puzzled...

Reaction score
Carded Ketwol and Sabe\'

I just saw pics of them over at starwars.com and have to say they look very, very swell! However Ketwol's position in the bubble looks a little tilted or something with his small legs detached and placed kind of behind him. But hi still looks awesome! Well, just follow the link for a looksy. http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2001/04/news20010424.html

Man I can't wait for that Sabe' figure! It looks fantastic.

------------------
"Two cycles have come and gone," Vua Rapuung growled, a few moments later. His features were hollow in the violet glow. "Your abominable weapon works, it seems. Are we done with skulking? May we at last embrace our foes?"
"You embrace them," Anakin said. "I'm going to knock them down. Your shapers want Jedi? One is coming to them."

Ty

Reaction score
Re: Carded Ketwol and Sabe\'

That Ketwol looks VERY detailed. It's great!!

And, I guess we were right about the Vader having a transpaernt head revealing a skull and all! That is going to be one amazing figure! I can't wait to see the Luke Bacta and Amanaman!!

Very exciting

Reaction score

I love the new pics of Ketwol and Sabe....and I can't wait to get them into my collection!
I also am really jonesing for the new Deluxe figures...Bacta Luke and Amanaman are sounding even better! (Like that was possible) I'm also interested in seeing the "real" Hair deluxe Leia...should be interesting.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

Reaction score

I love the collector's focus, I think Hasbro is finally acknowledging a) minor characters and b) that not everyone takes their figures out of the package.. the Ketwol with the legs off is great! and sabe in her amidala-like bubble pose, also cool!

more pics hasbro, we should be seeing this from you first, not ebay!

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>a) minor characters and <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Minor characters are better received than resculpts.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>b) that not everyone takes their figures out of the package..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortunately, it's a lot more fun to open them.

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brew:
more pics hasbro, we should be seeing this from you first, not ebay!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I SECOND this motion. I've been harping on this for the longest time.
Hasbro doesn't take pride in their figs enough...I mean they have that awesome site for SW figs but they never update it...their new fig pics end up on ebay before being on their site...the latest images they have on their site are figures from last FALL...

Hasbro is lucky to be the MAIN action figure producer for Star Wars. Other companies would die for this opportunity. Take pride in your "privelege" and post pics before anyone else does...I mean you produce the %$#* right?

Thanks for letting me vent,
M.E.G.

GNT

Reaction score
Ketwol Has Pit Droid Legs???

In this picture here,under Tech Hasbro Used Pit Droid Legs...ahhhhhhh!

The whole Point of Ketwol having the metal legs is so he'd taller but with pit droid legs,whats the point?!?!

Does the figure have Pit Droid legs (All I've seen is carded pictures)?

Can't wait to get Ketwol though!
Thoughts?

GNT™

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter GNT (edited 06-09-2001).]

Reaction score
Re: Ketwol Has Pit Droid Legs???

It's interresting, but really with so much on the figure, I probly wouldn't have even noticed that they were pit droid legs. It might be a good standard model of robotic leg for him to use.
It's an old model, but maybe it works good for him, and the pit droids were all over Tatooine, where Ketwol is.
What's the deal with him needing them though? Did he lose his legs in an accident, or is his species short or not have legs, so they use them to walk around like other species? It's an interrersting twist that hasn't been done before. And the figure looks AWESOME.

------------------
Please visit my homepage at http://freeweb.pdq.net/nighthawk/starwars.htm Thanks.

Reaction score

Unfortantely Ketwol was only from the Special Editions. and like E1 I try not to buy anything from those movies. I didn't get the Jabba's band combos, even though I saw them all. I also have never gotten the three dancer girls either. Oh well one more Ketwol for some other collector. I am so stoked about Besoin Guard and Duros!

Besides this stupid pachyderm lookin alien replaced Lak? Why? Lak was very cool and niche, fit into the Cantina perfectly. Ketwol doesn't fit in the movie kinda like Greedo firing first doesn't fit as well. How awful did that look?

GNT

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RocketFett:
What's the deal with him needing them though? Did he lose his legs in an accident, or is his species short or not have legs, so they use them to walk around like other species<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

Ketwol is small and needed to boost his hight so he could have a few drinks with his buddies in the Cantina

GNT™

Log

Reaction score

Lady Jaye, Lucas took out Lak Sivrak and put in Ketowl because Lak looked cheap. All he was was a guy in a Halloween mask. As much as I liked Lak, I have to admit Ketwol looks alot better.

------------------
"This time I'm gonna let it all come out, this time I'm gonna stand up and shout, I'm gonna do things my way, it's my way, my way or the highway."-Limp Bizkit

G

The Wolfman was cool.Phoenix C everyone was just a guy in a mask.The scene should have been left alone.The wolfman looked a hell of alot better than Ketwol and that Lizard wearing the Jazz hat!

Log

Reaction score

Lak was cool. That's what I said in my other post, I just tend to like Ketwol a bit more.

------------------
"This time I'm gonna let it all come out, this time I'm gonna stand up and shout, I'm gonna do things my way, it's my way, my way or the highway."-Limp Bizkit

G

Man am I glad Lak was replaced. He was probably the biggest sore thumb in ANH. And I LOVE Ketwol too. Of course, I've never had a very elitist "purist" mindset when it comes to the films either, so go figure. Lucas can change what he wants, they're his movies.

[This message has been edited by 3rdalien (edited 06-10-2001).]

Log

Reaction score

"Ketwol" on eBay yielded 25 results. He should be out in full force soon.

------------------

Reaction score

Bounty Hunter, And here I had all these glorious grandious reasons that he needed the legs. Now I find out it's just to get snockered at eye level with his drinking budies.
Heh, heh.

3rd Alien, OHHHHHHHH I hope to God that my girlfriend doesn't see what you said. She absolutely LOVES Lak Sirvak and has a MOMC one and an opene done hanging from her rear view mirror. I think she'd hunt you down and do something bad to you. Don't talk so loudly about hating Lak.
I always thought he looked like Michael Landon in that old black and white wear wolf movie, but hey. George Lucas just wanted something like that in there I guess huh?
I always thought it looked out of place too. But my girlfriend loves him anyway.

------------------
Please visit my homepage at http://freeweb.pdq.net/nighthawk/starwars.htm Thanks.

G

Oh, did I say I hated Lak? I meant love. I love Lak Sivrak and everything he stands for. I especially love it when he howels at the moon....

Reaction score

After looking at Kewol without his pants on for a good long time (
), and comparing him to the pit droids, they are not the same legs. In design or scale. Ketwol's legs are a little taller, and have alot of detail on the back, whereas the pit droids don't.

I'm looking at Ketwol without his pants on. How did my life come to this?

------------------
Are you like me and want to see a new set of Ewoks? Sign up! 357 names and going strong... http://www.geocities.com/chiefchirpa_888/

Reaction score

GNT, if you had looked at my detailed loose pics of Ketwol, you know where
, you would have seen that the figure's legs are nothing like the ones in the JFF. Since Ketwol wasn't shown below the waist in ANH:SE, Hasbro had no pictures of these legs to put in the JFF, so they took the closest-matching set of robot legs in a photo, gave them phoney tops, and turned them silver. The toy's legs look very little like the picture.

The figure's legs are indeed about as long as a Pit Droid's, but he also has his own short stubby legs above the stilts. That's why he needs stilts, his race has these teeny tiny legs which don't seem very useful, and since the rest of the universe is designed for folks who are around 5'10", this is how he adapts.

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

Reaction score

The pics that show Ketwol with pants and cape off make want to get two so I can cut the stilts off of one and make a freak like Ketwol that cant offord stilts, maby have him hang out with Jabba. Or be enslaved by one of my made up custom characters. My Grey max rebo was enslaved as a henchman for my Cerean sith (Lord Hatefull) for a long time until during one of my hullucinogenic adventures he was freed by Reeft the Dressel Jedi (I think) or maby it was a gang of rodian pirates (Lord hatefull makes so many enemies). But anyway If I ever get a Ketwol to customize he would make a cool Igor type.

G

I don't care too much for the Ketwol character/species personally, but the figure looks pretty decent. I don't understand the whole gimp concept behind Ketwol but it doesn't matter since I'm probably not going to buy him anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Ketwol's legs were, in fact, pit droid legs. Hasbro can get very lazy at times & refuse to use new sculpts (i.e. K-3PO, Mon Calamari, dirty Biker Scout).

GNT

Reaction score

When I get Ketwol,I'm going to take off his legs and place Pit Droid legs on him!

Reaction score

So are the legs removable??? Cool! I didn't see that one coming.

As for Lak, glad we got the Lak fig when we did. Lucas would never approve him now. I loved the original trilogy the way they were and nothing they do now will touch that because I saw ANH through the eyes of a 7 year old boy, and I saw E1 as a cynical 30 year old man. The series is all about nostalgia, but it's Lucas's baby and I'll go along for the ride. Make the movie, I'll watch it. Make the toy, I'll buy it...

Darth Ray

Reaction score

No, the toy's stilts are not removable, they are sculpted ont his stubby little legs.

Lak was released AFTER the special editions came out, so I guess Lucaslicensing didn't feel as strongly about Lak's presence as George himself.

------------------

Reaction score

That's a different wolfman, there are two, Lak is the tamer one, then there's the background one with more snarled teeth and different eyes. Since Lak was the focus of 2 screen moments, he's the one that bothered Lucas the most.

------------------

G

ketwol owners-error of the name on back

on the back of mine on the proof of purchase bar code sticker the name of ketwol is spelled KETWAL an A not O.do any of you have this misspelling also.please let me know/thanks.

Reaction score
Re: ketwol owners-error of the name on back

Mine has the same misplling also. KETWAL. I also heard about the force file has the name misppelled also. But my for force file, it is correct.

Reaction score
Re: ketwol owners-error of the name on back

KETWAL, geez that's lame! Yes, it's like that on mine too, and Hasbro has yet to correct any UPC sticker's text in POTJ that I can think of, so it's likely to stay "KETWAL". That's quite silly, good eye MJ.

------------------

Reaction score
Ketwol stinks! (or \"Smells like McFarlane\")

One thing I wanted to mention when I got Ketwol last week was that as soon as I opened the figure, he stank as strongly as any McFarlane figure I've ever opened! I think the rubber pants are the smell (heh heh, he has removable rubber pants) because they're a material rarely seen in the POTJ wave, but I just thought it was weird that this Hasbro figure smells so much like McFarlane's toys.

------------------

G

Re: Ketwol stinks! (or \"Smells like McFarlane\")

Wait a minute...wasn't there some weird talk a few months ago about Hasbro and McToys wanting to join up for a project?
Isn't the sculpting on all the POTJ figures way better than normal?? And now you say Ketwol has the trademark McSmell???
I figured it out!! It's ME! I'm the Linbergh baby! Wah-wah, goo goo, I want my fly-fly da da!

Can you tell someone went a few rounds with a pitcher of Guinness tonight...

Reaction score
Re: Ketwol stinks! (or \"Smells like McFarlane\")

JT, why do you think that is? Is it the pants? I hope all of them don't stink like that. I defintiely won't get more to open if that's the case. Yuck.
Is the sculpt really as good or better than the pics look? Have any extras? I haven't found ANY of those of couse.

------------------