Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the new Kessel Run Millennium Falcon vehicle with Han Solo figure from the 3 inch Han Solo movie line. Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
Um, feels like it's time for a dedicated "Solo" sub-forum, yes? Why keep creating new threads in the wrong forum??

Reaction score
The damned thing should be at least 20% bigger, have landing gears and ramp, the ability to stand in the back compartment not lay down as if a hostage in the trunk of a Honda Civic. You could smuggle a figure in the pop out compartments beneath the floor of the BMF! This is waaaaaaay too small.

Reaction score
Yep - that was my thought too. "Solo" in more ways than one.... I am so glad I got my kid a used BMF for £35 5 years back...
My kids love the BMF, so there's no way a joke Falcon like this would even be considered in my house.

Reaction score
Based on the price alone, it looks like the point of this release is twofold:

-Have a Falcon toy on the market for the Han Solo film
-Price it in such a way that they sell in volume

Beyond that, I don't see Hasbro really trying to do much here in terms of advancing quality or offering something new and interesting for the collector segment of the market.

Reaction score
Based on the price alone, it looks like the point of this release is twofold:

-Have a Falcon toy on the market for the Han Solo film
-Price it in such a way that they sell in volume

Beyond that, I don't see Hasbro really trying to do much here in terms of advancing quality or offering something new and interesting for the collector segment of the market.
It looks like they're also releasing a budget version.

Reaction score
Goodness, this thing looks bad. I love the TFA version to death, but the fact that there's no removable back lid to show the living quarters kills it for me. When it hits DEEP clearance I'll consider it, but I have no interest at the moment. I am interested in a bunch of stuff in the leaked photos from a few weeks ago though. Han's Speeder, Maul/Qui-Gon, and Lando/Kessel Guard two-packs are all must-haves. Also, is that TIE in the leaked pics 3.75"? If so, I'm happy!

Reaction score
Looking at some closer pics from TF... this thing's about as exciting as the nap I just took.

Reaction score
It's a neat-looking vehicle, and I like how the removable features start to transform it into the Falcon we all know and love - of course, I already own the Falcon we all know and love...

Reaction score
It's a neat-looking vehicle, and I like how the removable features start to transform it into the Falcon we all know and love - of course, I already own the Falcon we all know and love...
The Falcon we all know and love seats more than one in the cockpit. And has a boarding ramp. And landing gear.
I had hopes for this, even when I saw the MSRP. This is going to be a mega pass for me.

Reaction score
Goodness, this thing looks bad. I love the TFA version to death, but the fact that there's no removable back lid to show the living quarters kills it for me. When it hits DEEP clearance I'll consider it, but I have no interest at the moment. I am interested in a bunch of stuff in the leaked photos from a few weeks ago though. Han's Speeder, Maul/Qui-Gon, and Lando/Kessel Guard two-packs are all must-haves. Also, is that TIE in the leaked pics 3.75"? If so, I'm happy!
I don't do 5POA, because I lived through POTF. With the early Falcon being so meh, my initial inclination is to pull another RO and skip the line entirely.

Reaction score
The only thing t hat surprised me was the little ship that pops out the front of the mandibles. I thought the front was going to be a sold piece but still its a pass for me too. Again, we got spoiled when the BMF came out and nothing else can replace that.

Reaction score
Hasbro will probably never surpass the 2008 Falcon, so I'm OK with this, despite the fact that the original vehicle had a ramp and the last two haven't. How do you not include even the basic ramp?!

Reaction score
When I saw the pics of the mini-ship separated and open I actually thought it looked like an unfinished prototype.

Reaction score
I'm curious if Hasbro was a little miffed when they learned that they couldn't simply repack the TFA Falcon with new dish? lol

Reaction score
Oddly enough while I am disappointed in the lack of a proper area to stand in this looks like a fun toy.
Personally if I was a kid as long as I can stuff at least a few figures in to ship that we’ll work.

Reaction score
Sculpt looks fine but we are down to a single seat and virtually no interior space? I'm really surprised they didn't retool the tfa mold. That one at least had a small interior.

Reaction score
Sculpt looks fine but we are down to a single seat and virtually no interior space? I'm really surprised they didn't retool the tfa mold. That one at least had a small interior.
TFA, with the Nerf, is actually somewhat better?

Reaction score
Unrelated to this Falcon, but does anyone have a TFA Falcon sticker sheet they could part with? Threw mine out like an idiot.

Reaction score
TFA, with the Nerf, is actually somewhat better?
Nerf you can ignore. Lack of interior you cannot. The Nerf falcon is actually a decent looking ship if you want a vintage sized mold. If it had landing gear and a boarding ramp it'd probably get a lot more love as a small falcon.

Reaction score
Nerf you can ignore. Lack of interior you cannot. The Nerf falcon is actually a decent looking ship if you want a vintage sized mold. If it had landing gear and a boarding ramp it'd probably get a lot more love as a small falcon.
Yeah, at something less than $150, if not for the lack of gear and a ramp and the addition of Nerf, it may not have been so despised.

Reaction score
All those silly flashing LEDs on the Mandibles would have been better served as engine lights

Reaction score
Im starting to try and figure a way to salvage this once it hits clearance.
If you could eliminate the cockpit and solidly attach something like the U-Wing base it could maybe look interesting.

Reaction score
They should have just retooled the Vintage era Falcon. Sure its undersized but damn i had fun with mine in the old days.

Reaction score
They should have just retooled the Vintage era Falcon. Sure its undersized but damn i had fun with mine in the old days.
Yeah. It can't even be that difficult to created a new mold with 3D scanning and all the stuff they have these days.

I remember reading somewhere that the original Kenner mold that was used for the Vintage was so old and worn that it finally broke and therefore couldn't be used anymore and that's one of the reasons why we got the BMF and the new mold for the TFA Falcon.

I think if Hasbro wanted to reuse the classic Kenner style Falcon I'm sure they could have found one on eBay or from a fellow collector etc and used it to make a new mold.

I still want the cancelled prototype cargo pod/escape ship that was designed by Kenner to fit in the front mandibles of the Falcon to be produced. it would be a nice nod to the fans to see the toy ship appear in Solo and possibly spark a release of it

Reaction score
Yeah, at something less than $150, if not for the lack of gear and a ramp and the addition of Nerf, it may not have been so despised.
Someone in my area is selling one for $40 in the box. It would be tempting if it had landing gear and a ramp. The only one I currently own is the potf2 version.