Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

Reaction score
Re: Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

Darth_Soundwave said:
Word of advice to you guys that want to customize, and army build Ewoks ... don't buy toomany of the Walmart packs.... go to Hasbro Toy Shop amd and for 14 dollars you'll get four Ewoks , instead of 3 Ewoks for 13 ....... you know what I mean ?
Don't forget shipping. I really don't want to do the math, but with the comic pack you also get some cool accessories for other customs/dioramas. Then again, the 2 pack at HTS actually exists, while the wal-mart comic pack is only theoretical.

Reaction score

CaptainYoda said:
I still havent seen any of these Walmart comic packs at all!
Ditto. It's getting really frustrating reading about people who's Walmarts are drowning in them.

Reaction score

OK, I take it all back. They do exist! I just came back from a Wal-Mart that had 10+ of each set. I picked up 2 Ewok packs and 1 of the others. In the very near future I can see myself picking up about 4 or 5 more ewok sets. Now I can't wait until I get off work and come open them.

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
...the 2 pack at HTS actually exists, while the wal-mart comic pack is only theoretical.
I can't tell if you're joking or not so apologies for taking you seriously if that wasn't your intent - were all the photographs that people have been posting of their finds of these packs theoretical too?

Reaction score

I finally found this set today. It was worth the wait. Awesome pack.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Tontus314 said:
...the 2 pack at HTS actually exists, while the wal-mart comic pack is only theoretical.
I can't tell if you're joking or not so apologies for taking you seriously if that wasn't your intent - were all the photographs that people have been posting of their finds of these packs theoretical too?
Yes, it was all a conspiracy against me is what I would have said before 11:17 today when I found them, proving not only their existance but also proving that I can write one heck of a run-on sentence.

Reaction score

These little guys are great! I was a little bit upset when I first heard they were going to have bright purple and orange hoods but after seeing them in person it isn't so bad.

Reaction score

mandalorehunter said:
These little guys are great! I was a little bit upset when I first heard they were going to have bright purple and orange hoods but after seeing them in person it isn't so bad.
Me too. I actually really like the colors of their hoods. I mean they are accurate colors.

Reaction score

I picked them up yesterday and did a simple touch up and some weathering to get rid of the comic look and make them more like the ROTJ ewoks.

Reaction score

Head out to Paducah, KYs Wal-Mart by the mall, not the othe rone, they still have tons of the Wal-Mart exclusive packs. One night I watched them stock 4 full cases of this wave, which makes me happy because my Wal-Mart used to never get exclusives.

Edit: The pic above, looks absolutely FANTASTIC.

Reaction score

I picked up another one this morning. That makes 3, and I think I might be done with this one.

Reaction score

HASBOR--> If you're reading this.. *MAKE MORE EWOKS*

Give us a 5 pack, a 7 pack, 10 pack, 12 pack, as you can see Ewoks sell, so make some more money!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ <--Ooh! Ahh! Wow!

Reaction score

sweeper said:

Give us a 5 pack, a 7 pack, 10 pack, 12 pack, as you can see Ewoks sell, so make some more money!

lol. hasbro should do what they did for the astromech 5 pack exclusive from entertainment earth, except with ewoks. i would get me a couple of those. i should have these guys by next week. still no sign of these locally.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
Wookie_inked said:
AnthonyP said:
I just opened mine up tonight. They're cute little guys!

I've decided that I am going to pick up another set to customize. A lot of great inspiration is found in this thread.
I haven't gotten around to customizing my second set at all yet but I most definitely will. Oh yes, I will be...
You gotta post pics when you're all done Wookie!
oh don't worry about not seeing the results, man, I'll definitely be showing them off.

In fact, rereading your post this morning, AP, you finally motivated me to start on the customizing of them today.
Yeah, look for the pics in a few days.

I can tell you now, the second set of the trio are more substantial customs than those I posted before, more than just paint modifications the previous three were. I'm pretty sure you guys will dig the results.

Reaction score

r2_jenn2 said:
sweeper said:

lol. hasbro should do what they did for the astromech 5 pack exclusive from entertainment earth, except with ewoks. i would get me a couple of those. i should have these guys by next week. still no sign of these locally.

Let's not go overboard now .

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
AnthonyP said:
Wookie_inked said:
AnthonyP said:
I just opened mine up tonight. They're cute little guys!

I've decided that I am going to pick up another set to customize. A lot of great inspiration is found in this thread.
I haven't gotten around to customizing my second set at all yet but I most definitely will. Oh yes, I will be...
You gotta post pics when you're all done Wookie!
oh don't worry about not seeing the results, man, I'll definitely be showing them off.

In fact, rereading your post this morning, AP, you finally motivated me to start on the customizing of them today.
Yeah, look for the pics in a few days.

I can tell you now, the second set of the trio are more substantial customs than those I posted before, more than just paint modifications the previous three were. I'm pretty sure you guys will dig the results.
I'll be looking forward to it Wookie! It's cool to see how much an Ewoks look can change by just switching up the paint apps.

Reaction score

Got these little boogeroos today, I'm gonna have to give them some weathering like the photo posted above. The head scarves are too brite!!!!

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
I'll be looking forward to it Wookie! It's cool to see how much an Ewoks look can change by just switching up the paint apps.
Ya know, I think I might just might make 2 of the 3 into specific, canonical Ewoks. The third one will definitely be my own design, a whole new character just for shimmies and giggles.

But for some reason, it seems wrong for all three to just be more random Ewoks.

Reaction score

FORUM SNEAK PEEK!
Okay, it's time once again to add a new series of Photo Archive updates to that galaxy far, far away...!!
Here's a preview of what's coming up soon here at Rebelscum:

More to come....

Reaction score

Ok, somebody needs to take a picture of all the ewoks together. not the vintage ones, just the ones from potf2 until now. including oochee and widdle

Reaction score

you will see this soon. I shot all of the normal photos last night, and next I will be shooting the group shots.

Although I will be shooting ALL of the Ewoks, including the Vintage. WHy not?

Which takes FOREVER!!! and I hope to avoid the "domino effect"

Reaction score

Thank you very very much for doing these photos! Appreciate how long they take, but they're great to look at for reference - always check the archives before getting a figure

Reaction score

Hey Curto when will you do the photo archives for wave 5?

Reaction score

Yeah, Curto, I also appreciate all your guys' work into supplying the best reference pics anywhere.

Reaction score

And I finished the customs of the 2nd WM 3-pack I had.

Oochee, Latara, and Irriqu:

I needed my own Oochee, one with articulation:

Latara from the EWOKS cartoon, yeah:

and Irriqu, one of my own characters:

IRRIQU is the brother of Noapaak. A proud and savage warrior, he racked up the highest total stormtrooper kills of all the Ewoks that participated in the Battle of Endor. Initially, he opposed letting the Rebels join the tribe until Chief Chirpa and C-3PO assured him the Alliance commandos wanted to make violent sport of wiping out the intrusive Imperials too. Following the Rebellion’s victory, he adopted the stormtrooper’s armor as his warrior garb and decorated it with painted symbols commemorating the campaign, to ensure no Ewok would ever forget their part in the victory over the evil Empire.

Reaction score

Picked up this set this week. Great figures. Wish they looked a little more different than Graak and Romba, but they are pretty awesome and more Ewoks are always good.... If you take off the Stormtrooper accessories the Romba repaint looks VERY similar so I might leave on the accessories, though they are NOT screen accurate of course.

Reaction score

not gummy bears
really, the armor is supposed to be decorated with a pedestrian art mural that chronicles the Battle of Endor, like ancient cave paintings on Earth that show the great mastadon hunts and such.

maybe that's just lost in the pictures though, I don't know. I was pretty dang proud of the detail I got in there... but maybe it's just me.

I wrote Irriqu to be Noapaak's brother in anticipation of finally seeing pictures of the Ewok that Paploo will be packed with. I figured I'd just add to that unknown Ewok's story even before we can see what the new Ewok looks like.

Reaction score

Those are pretty cool. Although the Oochee isn't as good as the Endor battle pack version.

Reaction score

mandalorehunter said:
Those are pretty cool. Although the Oochee isn't as good as the Endor battle pack version.
I think they're all awesome!

Oochee came out especially nice.

Reaction score

I really like Irriqu. Did you design it or is there a source where he actually looks like that?

Reaction score

mandalorehunter said:
I really like Irriqu. Did you design it or is there a source where he actually looks like that?
He's all my creation.

mandalorehunter said:
Having sculpt the lips and teeth wasn't as difficult as I'd expected but I think they look pretty good! I forgot that Hasbro's version was showing his teeth till I looked at Curto's pictures of it so I had to go back add them. And repositioning his arms and left hand to approximate the Logray/Oochee pose was something I thought I needed to do to keep the resemblance. Then I give him the belt with the strap to hold the hatchet because I like removable accessories... and Hasbro's Oochee was just too plain IMO.

here's the work in progress picture I took before I finished the sculpting details and the paint:

Reaction score

Pretty cool what you've done with Latara!
It's nice to see unique Ewoks once in a while instead of everyone looking the same!

Reaction score

The Machook, Keoulkeeck & Kettch Comic Pack is now added to our Photo Archive!

I still need to add a few additional comparison photos, but I've already delayed adding this set for a few weeks, so I thought I'd just add it anyway.

It should also be noted that "Kettch" is not the name of an actual Ewok, but was a made up character during the Wraith Squadron novels.

Still cool to get more Ewoks though.

Reaction score

Nice accessories, but I'll pass on this set - really don't like the colours, and I'm not too keen on army building ewoks tbh.

Reaction score

Quick update to this set: I've added comparison photos of each Ewok.