Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Re: Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

AnthonyP said:
Darth_Soundwave said:
Doing something like just painting the hoods , isn't that hard to do actually .
How do you get the "weathered" look on the hoods?
Thanks for the comments on mine, guys! This technique I learned from Jedistyle, which involves painting the hood entirely in flat black until it's completely covered, then drybrushing an orange-brown across it over and over again until you get the consistency you want.

Reaction score

Daigo_Bah said:
AnthonyP said:
Darth_Soundwave said:
Doing something like just painting the hoods , isn't that hard to do actually .
How do you get the "weathered" look on the hoods?
Thanks for the comments on mine, guys! This technique I learned from Jedistyle, which involves painting the hood entirely in flat black until it's completely covered, then drybrushing an orange-brown across it over and over again until you get the consistency you want.
Sounds tedious. How long does a hood take to do?"

Reaction score

Probably not TOO long. Back when I was in high school and stuff I used to be dissatisfied with stuff enough to repaint em. Now that I don't have the time or patience or paints necessary to do that I don't even bother anymore.

Reaction score

I finally found a pack of these today and I'm pretty happy about it. The only thing that bothers me is, as often happens, the figures are packaged to make them look like they hold their weapons well, but my two Ewoks seem to have problems hold their spears (The spears seem too small).

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
Sounds tedious. How long does a hood take to do?"
You spend more time waiting for the paint to dry than you do actually painting.

Reaction score

I'd like to see a picture of all the Ewoks that have been made since potf2's wicket and logray. That would include:

Wicket/Logray, white ewok from Endor complete galaxy, Paploo, Teebo, Graak/Romba, Blue hooded ewok with glider, chief chirpa, Leektar/nippet, Keoulkeech/Machook/Kettch, OOCHEE/WIDDLE WARRICK from ultimate endor battle pack

Reaction score

mandalorehunter said:
I'd like to see a picture of all the Ewoks that have been made since potf2's wicket and logray. That would include:

Wicket/Logray, white ewok from Endor complete galaxy, Paploo, Teebo, Graak/Romba, Blue hooded ewok with glider, chief chirpa, Leektar/nippet, Keoulkeech/Machook/Kettch, OOCHEE/WIDDLE WARRICK from ultimate endor battle pack
i have them all and the original 8 too. i will take pics tonight.
i have the new ones both loose and carded too, different cards of each too

Reaction score

I like getting these comic packs. The Marvel packs give me the chance to get issues I missed as a kid, like this one. However, when I look at and read the comic it makes me want other figures from the issue. I'd like to see Leia, Hirog, the Lashbees, and the Ewok Tippet.

Reaction score

this picture came out like crap, it's too bright most oof the paint changes I made are barely evident. I'll have to get a better picture with more detail tomorrow:

and straight out of the pack, Kettch was WAY Too similar to Romba so I fixed him to look more unique.

Reaction score

lumat said:
mandalorehunter said:

i have them all and the original 8 too. i will take pics tonight.
i have the new ones both loose and carded too, different cards of each too
i would like to see the pics as well. i think somebody had once posted pics of their ewok collection... i think it was darth soundwave? i could be wrong.
great jobs on the customs guys. the paint jobs look really, really good. i don't have a steady hand for nothing.

Reaction score

got tied up today, i will do it first thing tomorrow morning though

sorry guys

Reaction score

So I went the closest WM to my house last night to get some stuff, including a second Ewok set, at the same store I get the set last weekend.

Much to my surprise and dismay, all of the Ewok 3-packs were sold out. Yet there remained about 12 of the Tank/Amanin comic sets and 4 or 5 of the X-Wing pilots set. I know people like Ewoks but that was quite a shock nonetheless.

Reaction score

Ewoks do sell well - which is good for future releases. I'm hoping for a couple more 2-packs at least...Paploo and his counterpart, and hopefully a Logray and Wicket 2-pack.

As for this set, after opening it up, I'm pretty pleased with it, they are good 'army builder' figures, eventhough I dont do that...they all work nice as generic ewoks though. Oddly enough, the stormtrooper helmet accessory looks like the most movie-accurate sculpt ever, shame its so huge...it looks ok on the ewok, but ridiculous on a stormtrooper...

Reaction score

This set and the amanin set are selling in small numbers. The pilots are not moving AT ALL.

Reaction score

Blight said:
This set and the amanin set are selling in small numbers. The pilots are not moving AT ALL.
I'm kinda surprised, especially because I think it's the best set of the three.

Reaction score

Only Ewoks I have at the moment are Graak & Romba, Chief Chirpa, and Leektar & Nippet. From the Saga 02-04 I do have the Ewok & Glider, still carded and mint.

I'm quite pleased with this 3-pack with the comic, although I would have prefered better colouring on the cowlings, I'll get over it lol, but my purpose for wanting these is for the fact, I build squads of Clones, Imperial & Rebel Troops so it's nice having the chance now to build an Ewok "army" to a degree with the new tooling, sizing and articulation they are getting.

I would love for Hasbro to get on with releasing Paploo, Oochee, Logray, Teebo, Wicket, givem them the treatment they've given the new Ewoks. I love them to revisit the glider and making the Ewok the appropriate size and above all, I'll love to see a battle pack of Ewoks with a Catapault. One can only dream, but a new bigger and better Ewok village would be awesome.

Hasbro's Ewok 2-packs have a future, if Hasbro are smart and release the Ewoks that carry 3PO and R2, and maybe the ones that carry Luke, Han and Chewie too. Right their you have scope for 5 future 2-packs, and it would be great to get the Ewoks that carry 3PO on his throne and R2. another scope for a Hasbro Ewok 2-pack is the two Ewoks that join Chewie in hijacking an AT-ST.

So there is plenty of opportunity for Hasbro to release Ewoks that do play main and secondary roles in ROTJ. Even the Ewoks in the Ultimate BP Battle on Endor are out of place now with the new sculpts which is disappointing. So as Hasbro release new Ewoks, I might end up replacing the Ewoks in that BP.

Ewoks galore lol Can't wait to have a village full

Reaction score

...In mixing and matching, I really like the pruple hood on the darkest color ewok.

Reaction score

Just got mine and they're great

Stormtrooper helmet is funny though - try putting it on one of the Han/ Luke stormies from the EpIV wave - gigantic!!

Reaction score

These ewoks are cute, and the accessories are pretty cool, but I really want a modern WHITE ewok...too much brown.

Reaction score

padmesghost said:
These ewoks are cute, and the accessories are pretty cool, but I really want a modern WHITE ewok...too much brown.

Reaction score

I'm convinced you guys are victims of mass hallucinations. These figures do not really exist. I can't wait until they actually start shipping these guys though.

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
I'm convinced you guys are victims of mass hallucinations. These figures do not really exist. I can't wait until they actually start shipping these guys though.
ummm....

riiiiight

I have 2 of the sets so the only place they don't exist is your town... or in your own head.

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Tontus314 said:
ummm....

riiiiight

I have 2 of the sets so the only place they don't exist is your town... or in your own head.

This set isn't going anywhere around here. The most popular of the three is the Amanin and Sunber pack. I'd love to buy a few more of these and paint the hoods though. Or at least attempt to.

Reaction score

Or buy a few and send them my way to prove that they actually exist.

Reaction score

I just opened mine up tonight. They're cute little guys!

I've decided that I am going to pick up another set to customize. A lot of great inspiration is found in this thread.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:

I've decided that I am going to pick up another set to customize. A lot of great inspiration is found in this thread.
I haven't gotten around to customizing my second set at all yet but I most definitely will. Oh yes, I will be...

Reaction score

Just saw these last night for the first time (to the tune of 3 to 4 wave cases on the pegs).

Great looking set - especially if one plans to keep it carded. Wal-Mart has really gotten a good wave with these packs - should really help make up for the deficiencies of the 2008 exclusive wave...

This was almost good enough to make me buy a set of Marvel Ewoks - almost.

Reaction score

For non-America based collectors these packs are a nightmare (correct me if I'm wrong folks!), these Wal-Mart sets can't be found anywhere in Holland and Belgium and should you stumble on one you'll have to pay top dollar (or euro as it is..) Annoying thing is that these packs (with the Amanin and Nrin/Ibtisam packs) are the best of the lot!

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
AnthonyP said:

I haven't gotten around to customizing my second set at all yet but I most definitely will. Oh yes, I will be...
You gotta post pics when you're all done Wookie!

Reaction score

Darth_McBaine said:
For non-America based collectors these packs are a nightmare (correct me if I'm wrong folks!), these Wal-Mart sets can't be found anywhere in Holland and Belgium and should you stumble on one you'll have to pay top dollar (or euro as it is..) Annoying thing is that these packs (with the Amanin and Nrin/Ibtisam packs) are the best of the lot!
Don't feel bad, they can't be found in Memphis TN either.

Reaction score

Word of advice to you guys that want to customize, and army build Ewoks ... don't buy toomany of the Walmart packs.... go to Hasbro Toy Shop amd and for 14 dollars you'll get four Ewoks , instead of 3 Ewoks for 13 ....... you know what I mean ?

Reaction score

Darth_Soundwave said:
Word of advice to you guys that want to customize, and army build Ewoks ... don't buy toomany of the Walmart packs.... go to Hasbro Toy Shop amd and for 14 dollars you'll get four Ewoks , instead of 3 Ewoks for 13 ....... you know what I mean ?
You mean, buy single carded Ewoks instead of the Walmart exclusives?

Reaction score

if you want to army build alot of them ...if you just want to do like 12 or so, then just get the Walmart ones ... but if you want to do 20 or more ... then go with the TAC ones at Hasbro Toy Shop .... i'm pretty sure they are still in stock.

Rup

Reaction score

Darth_McBaine said:
Keep an eye out on some online stores (some are very good and others are terrible). I've ordered mine at US$16.99 for each set. I know that is more than you'd pay in Walmart, but it is still half the price comic sets cost in some countries (like the UK), and even with shipping it can still work out cheaper than waiting for your local shops to get them in stock.