Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

Ewoks are on the way!

Reaction score
Re: Keoulkeech, Machook & Kettch Comic Pack

HOR-RI-BLE

Talk about a COOL release that just falls MILES short because of that JACKED UP Marvel coloring....

REALLY disappointing.

Reaction score

Guess Hasbro still like the Marvel colours then?

Shame - this could've been cool. Definite pass for me.

Reaction score

This is GREAT! More background ewoks that are no more offensive than Widdle Warwick from last year. I'm certainly not seeing anything anywhere near as bad as a purple Dengar here myself. The tribe grows nicely

Reaction score

I really don't find these to be all that bad. I know that the colors are not that natural, but they are not purple as well...which is a plus.

If I can find this one, I will pick it up. BUT STOP WITH THE [censored] COLORS HASBRO!

Reaction score

The middle one bothers me a bit, but I can live with it. At least it's three new characters instead of repaints of ones we already have in bright colors.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
HOR-RI-BLE

Talk about a COOL release that just falls MILES short because of that JACKED UP Marvel coloring....

REALLY disappointing.
Seriously? I am actually excited about this. I didn't even think they were comic colors as there are tons of ewoks of all shades. I am more ticked it is a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Reaction score

I don't mind the comic colors because, as mentioned before, they look somewhat natural, but I sure hope the Stormie armor is removable. It looks just plain stupid. Either way, I'll pick one up because you can never have too many Ewoks, IMO.

Reaction score

Pack is ok, but I am definately going to pick up a bottle of paint and learn to do these like darth soundwave - I am sure he is happy!

Although, if I buy this I promote that horrible comic pack coloring..... I will have to decide later.

addition - how can they justify making a pack like this and still not make characters (Ewoks specifically for a fair comparison) from the Ewok movies?

Reaction score

i will get this and just paint them brown or gray

Reaction score

I actually like these and will most probably be my only CP Marvel Characters I get, which is really a shame considering how many cool unique Characters are out there in the Marvel Star Wars Universe.

Reaction score

Like '78 says, this set is horrible. A major botch of what could have been a great army builder set for ROTJ fans. Sure, some people like repainting things, but I don't. I really don't buy this crap about Lucasfilm dictating strict adherence to Marvel coloring either. Why the hell would they care if Hasbro wanted to go w/ a realistic color scheme or not? It just reeks of DePriest trying to cover his own poor judgement.

Reaction score

This one is not great, passable, but not so horrible that I'm not gonna get it. My only complaint is that the middle ewok has a purple hood. That in itself is a little hard to justify, but eh, for 10 or 11 bucks, I get three newish ewoks, so I'm good with that!

I had to stare at them for a minute to figure out that they were wearing the stormtroopers gear!

Reaction score

ha for a minute i just thought they were unpainted prototypes, then i realized it was a comic pack.
well there are a few garish colors there, but i will still get it. after awhile all the small gray brown ewoks look a little similar to me. so i think these will look nice mixed in somewhere. and even if i decide to do a little painting, really shouldnt be more than a quick coat on a hood or 2. dont need to repaint everything.

Reaction score

YES!

More Ewoks are always good 'specially articulated ones. And the psychedelic Marvel colors aren't really as obnoxious here as they look on most the comic sets. I'm definitely buying this!

Reaction score

DMESS said:
Since1978 said:
HOR-RI-BLE

REALLY disappointing.
Seriously? I am actually excited about this. I didn't even think they were comic colors as there are tons of ewoks of all shades. I am more ticked it is a Wal-Mart exclusive.
If you saw these done in a realistic styling they wouldn't look ANYTHING like those. Ewoks are all based around very natural shades, unless that's the new Ewok "Fall" camouflage, then there's nothing natural about those.

I REALLY like the Ewok figures, I REALLY like that they basically took our advice and have started to mix and match parts and head cowlings to make other variants, so this one is SO utterly close, cool accessories, cool designs, the works - but the paint just flat ruins it.

In fact, this may be the first product ever where I start campaigning actively for a boycott, somehow we have to get the message across to Hasbro (and apparently Lucasfilm) that these just DON'T work.

Tobi and Fenn would have been cool too, but they're disasterously painted as well.

Hasbro PLEASE stop with this silliness - it's okay to change courses once in a while. You changed on all of the previous Marvel sets, so why not these...

Normally I'm not this big of a critic of a product feature or design (I might critique a product choice or two), but c'mon this is just unacceptable.

I will not buy this product, and I suggest that EVERYONE join me in this boycott.

Now we need to figure out how to get the word out and really try to make a change here.

So many other good things, and to have this one be SO close but so far. Just unbelievable!

and what's more insulting are how great the Rogue Squadron packs look - if these had been done to that level, they would be one of the MUST buy products...

I boycott this product, join me!

Sincerely,

Since1978

Reaction score

I could have done without the day glow colors as well. I wonder why Hasbro can't get this?? It is cool to get some Ewoks though and I'll definately darken up the plastic goods on them.

Reaction score

Maybe my color settings on my monitor aren't set right, but I really don't see anything wrong with the colors. I guess the middle one is kinda bright, but he just looks blond to me. I like this set and I'll be buying it.

Reaction score

I already bought a bunch of Ewoks last year and swapped the parts all around. Only difference was, I painted them normal colors.
Where do I sign up for the boycott?

Reaction score

Can someone help clarify for me which ewok the head of the middle ewok (the one they call Machook) is from? I don't have Leektar yet (at least for 4 more hours) so is it his?

Reaction score

Okay, have a good long look at:

And THEN go look at those in the picture, it's not so much the bodies (although they seem to be uniformly painted, without the "drybrushing" effect to the fur) - it's the brightly "crayola" (good description previously used here in the forums) head cowlings.

Take a look at last year's Ewoks, go look through the TAC thread, there are better closer pictures.

Then come back and look at these three, and you should see the difference. These lack the realistic look and "natural" coloring of Romba and Graak (or Leektar for that matter).

PLEASE don't follow your completist, or impulsive ways to purchasing this product.

And if that's not enough, go read Hasbro's answer from the last Q&A about the comic colors, they are pretty arrogant in their response.

This is the result of that arrogance.

Reaction score

I have to agree with you Since that these arent the best we could have got, but they arent as bad as Tobbi or Fenn, your getting 3 Ewoks in a Comic Pack, ok crap colors on the hoods but at least they are more easily fixable than Tobbi or Fenn - if we are seriously contemplating doing a boycott do it with Tobbi and Fenn because they are much worse than these Ewoks.

Reaction score

Lump 'em in - but I'm not giving up on the Ewoks - this is the first one to show AFTER we started complaining about the coloring AFTER Tobi and Fenn premiered at TF08...

Reaction score

The only problem with a Boycott is that you either win or you dont, now to win all Hasbro has to do is stop producing Marvel Star Wars Characters all together, for us to win we have to conivce them to do Unique Marvel Star Wars Characters without the funky colors.

Which do you think Hasbro will do?

Reaction score

I'm always happy to get more Ewoks.

Reaction score

What needs to happen is that 2/3 of the Marvel product needs to be in a color format that fits into our collections. The schlocky Marvel colors need to be the harder to find variant. While I'm still on the fence about these, I completely see '78's point. They are sacrificing customer satisfaction by staying too true to the source material, and alienating those collectors who have only gotten 3 new sculpt ewoks in 6 years. Finally they start churning them out, but for the 3 we want, they then give us 5 we don't, (if you count the 2 from last years UBP, which I do)

Hasbro, how about scrapping the craptastic power rangers set, and give us a 10 pack of awesome, army building, parts swappable ewoks instead?

Reaction score

Yeah, if they just did variants, and offered them both ways, then I'd be good with that - make the comic colors the "chase" version, and then the rare&collectable set goes after those...

Seems like a brilliant compromise!

Reaction score

Desfiy said:
The only problem with a Boycott is that you either win or you dont, now to win all Hasbro has to do is stop producing Marvel Star Wars Characters all together, for us to win we have to conivce them to do Unique Marvel Star Wars Characters without the funky colors.

I don't think it's that binary - Hasbro already knows that multiple fan sites have expressed concern over the coloring - so it should be clear that it's not about the choices, but rather about the coloring. Just imagine if they do Lumiya and she turns out lavender and baby blue - that's what she'll look like if they stick with the colors as printed...

Better get it changed before it's some completely new tool Marvel character.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Okay, have a good long look at:

And THEN go look at those in the picture, it's not so much the bodies (although they seem to be uniformly painted, without the "drybrushing" effect to the fur) - it's the brightly "crayola" (good description previously used here in the forums) head cowlings.

Take a look at last year's Ewoks, go look through the TAC thread, there are better closer pictures.

Then come back and look at these three, and you should see the difference. These lack the realistic look and "natural" coloring of Romba and Graak (or Leektar for that matter).

PLEASE don't follow your completist, or impulsive ways to purchasing this product.

And if that's not enough, go read Hasbro's answer from the last Q&A about the comic colors, they are pretty arrogant in their response.

This is the result of that arrogance.
I can see where you are coming from with the hoods, but I'll be curious to see a closer, more detailed pic of their bodies. When you take into account some of the other really, really, really, really ugly painted comic packs we are getting, I was actually happy with this set. And if I don't like these guys when I see them, I can always repaint them.

Reaction score

yeah! that's a great idea, and would also give people the ability to put these figures in with normal-painted figures.

Reaction score

*sigh*

I'm excited about more Ewoks, but these... *sigh*

Why?

Why the Marvel colors?

Ugh... yet another disappointing release.

And I'm not disappointed because I'm not getting something I want. I'm disappointed because I KNOW Hasbro is capable of doing better than this. I've seen it. I know they can do better.

It's almost as if Hasbro is deliberately thumbing its nose at the collectors and fans.

Reaction score

It woulda been fun if they used this pack to release EWOKS cartoon wicket with a dulok since there was a comic line based on that. And then they coulda done a normal color wicket later like with stormtrooper han/luke

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Desfiy said:

I don't think it's that binary - Hasbro already knows that multiple fan sites have expressed concern over the coloring - so it should be clear that it's not about the choices, but rather about the coloring. Just imagine if they do Lumiya and she turns out lavender and baby blue - that's what she'll look like if they stick with the colors as printed...

Better get it changed before it's some completely new tool Marvel character.
Since unfortunately it is that Binary for them, what we would be offering them is an out, to stop producing Marvel Unique Characters before they start, have you noticed they didnt showcase Lumiya yet, now they either havent made her, or they are going to see if we anty up for the Ewoks, before releasing her.

Reaction score

I've avoided all the Marvel Packs because of the coloring. This one is tempting. We'll see.

(The other two sets here though are AWESOME!)

Reaction score

Ok....ok....what if I wait for them to go on clearence and THEN get them????

Reaction score

Pomma_Gobba said:
Purchase.

Repaint.

Repeat.
LOL. You read my mind.

The value is good, for three new figs, even factoring in some paint and time. I'll grab at least two sets.
Always good top be able to add to my ewok tribe. I agree realistic colouring would have been far more preferable, but it's easily fixed.