KENNER: Swamp Thing

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Do we have any collectors of Kenner's Swamp Thing line? Although the line was somewhat heavy with main character duplication (Swamp Thing himself), I always enjoyed the line. My collection of unopened production toys is near complete (missing only the boxed vehicles). I've been able to add several prototypes from this line to my collection too, which I'll try to take pictures of in the coming weeks. At any rate, I'd enjoy hearing if anyone else also collects/appreciates this toy line.

-Mike

Reaction score
I used to have the entire line at one point, i bought most of it on clearance. I even had the playset, killer line.

Reaction score
I had 2 Swamp Things (Original version, and the fall-apart version) as well as the main bad guy, whatever his name was. The bad guy is still in pretty nice shape, the same cannot be said for the Swamp Things.

Reaction score
I bought the original version Swamp Thing to add to my Super Powers collection.

Reaction score
I still have the pull apart Swamp Thing and Anton Arcane. I still have Arcane's skull staff thingy and his mutation spider head

Reaction score
I picked up a near complete set of loose figures on Ebay a few months back fairly cheap. They go fairly well with the Super Powers figure line.

Reaction score
I saw on a collector site that the swamp thing was an actual prototype intended for the super powers line before it was canceled.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Although information that Swamp Thing was intended for the Super Powers line has been published both in print and online, the information is 100% erroneous. It is simply an unsubstantiated rumor that built up steam and dispersed quite well over the years. I've confirmed with numerous ex-Kenner employees that Swamp Thing was *never* planned for the Super Powers line.

-Mike

Reaction score
Reaction score
Love the Swamp Thing, but never bought this line. Might have to pick a few of these up! Didn't they come out in the early to mid 90s?

90. Short lived line. Beginning of my senior year in high school, no wonder I do not remember these!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I was working at a TRU back in '92 and we kept getting cases of this line in, all marked for clearance (along with cases upon cases of James Bond Jr. and Bucky O'Hare, too). I only picked up one, the Bio Glow Swamp Thing, and a few years later found an Anton Arcane at a flea market in one of those $1 figures bins (usually tons of Crappy Meal toys in them). They have some really nice designs and sculpts, I want to pick up some more.

Also, Trooper8521, I'm almost positive that ST you posted about was released, maybe in a later assortment, but I do remember seeing him.

Reaction score
Hmm... I may have to keep an eye out on ebay or something for him then. I have the regular Camo Swamp Thing, but I think this one's even better looking haha

Reaction score
I almost won a capture Swampy and Dr. Deemo off of ebay. The both went for $11.05 and they were in great shape too. Oh well.

Reaction score
I remember seeing the figures in stores, albeit briefly.

On a related note, picked up the 1990-1991 Swamp Thing animated series on DVD recently.

Reaction score
Do we have any collectors of Kenner's Swamp Thing line? Although the line was somewhat heavy with main character duplication (Swamp Thing himself), I always enjoyed the line. My collection of unopened production toys is near complete (missing only the boxed vehicles). I've been able to add several prototypes from this line to my collection too, which I'll try to take pictures of in the coming weeks. At any rate, I'd enjoy hearing if anyone else also collects/appreciates this toy line.

-Mike
Mike, some really cool figures in this line, any pictures of your collection and protos coming? id love to see them, cheers

Reaction score
Yes! I'm a huge Swamp Thing fan in general. I have a couple of these guys. I was thinking about picking up the playsets, they were really cool especially the flytrap thingy.

I was sorely tempted to buy some Swampy MOCs I saw at a comicon, but I spent my money on SW toys instead.

PS. I'm thinking about starting a swamp creature focus.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update: I now have a nearly completed loose set of these and have since started on my swamp monster focus. When a get a few more toys I'll put up some pics.

PS. Micheal, you never showed those prototypes. I would love to see those.

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm just starting to get into these figures. Love the playset so now I've got to get them all! Looking to buy any of the figures as I have nothing but the Transducer playset so far. Let me know if you have any you're looking to unload.

Reaction score
I have the full production set, all mocs and boxed, pretty cheap on eBay but in all likelyhood I probably paid more for them than they are worth. Definitely one of my favorite lines as a kid.

Reaction score
I started picking up some Swamp Thing pieces again recently, though know that somewhere in my parent's attic I have the entire loose line, minus the playset (buried with my TMNT's and Aliens). It's not a huge line to collect, but I was born in '86 so when this toyline dropped I was all for it. Still have the Un-men VHS cartoon, brings back lots of memories. I don't get to see to many collection displays for this line so if anyone has some to share it would be really cool to see.