KENNER: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Reaction score
Ok this is a bit off topic, but it is about Kenner Toys
. I've decided to collect all of the Robin Hood toys. I know they aren't really valuable but I had them as a kid. Are there any variations I should be aware of. I know about the two different heads but I've not seen a picture. Any others besides that? I'll be going for unpunched carded figures since they are still dirt cheap. Also did I get a good deal on this at 5 dollars

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Ryan, the Robin Hood line is definitely a great one and, as you mentioned, very affordable to collect! The only variations I'm aware of are the two Robin Hood head sculpts, one Kostner looking and the other not (available on both Robin Hood figures). Best of luck with your quest for a complete collection!

-Mike

Reaction score
list of variations I know of for MOC...

Robin Hood Crossbow first head -flat dull back card
Robin Hood Crossbow first head -Glossy Back card
Robin Hood Crossbow KC head -flat dull back card
Robin Hood Crossbow KC head -Glossy Back card
Robin Hood Long Bow fisrt head -flat dull back card
Robin Hood Long Bow fisrt head -Glossy Back card
Robin Hood Long Bow KC head -flat dull back card
Robin Hood Long Bow KC head -Glossy Back card
Little John -flat dull back card
Little John -Glossy Back card
Azeam -flat dull back card
Azeam -Glossy Back card
Sheriff -flat dull back card
Sheriff -Glossy Back card
Will -Glossy Back card
Dark Warrior -Glossy Back card
Tuck -Glossy Back card

Only figure variations are the two heads for Robins. The flat vs. glossy isn't much of a big deal but the flats were the first to come out, finding the first head Robin Hoods on Glossy backs are a bit harder to find, but still seem to be common. hardest item out of the line is the sherwood forest playset.

Great line .... and fun to see how Kenner used molds from Super Powers, Star Wars, SwapThing etc. to piece the line together.

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting these too, i loved the movie and i used to have a few of these figures when i was real small, but the figures dont look half bad.

Reaction score
Depsite only having two figures from this line (RH with Longbow, RH with Crossbow), I really liked it. I thought they did a good job with the use of softgoods.

HWR

Reaction score
I too really like thhis line. The figures are well made and quite detailed and the cardbacks are very nice too.

I only have Friar Tuck yet, but is definatly going to buy all of them, including the head variations of the Robin Hood figures. Guess I will buy them loose, but not sure yet, as they seems pretty cheap both loose and carded.

Reaction score
I'm trying to complete this line on Canadian cards. So far I have:
Friar Tuck
Azeem
Will Scarlet
Sheriff of Nottingham
Robin Hood Crossbow

I've been searching ebay for quite some time and I have never come across any of the boxed vehicles/playsets in Canadian boxes. Does anybody know if they exhist??

If anyone can help me out with my Canadian collection, please give me a shout.

Craig

Reaction score
MacKillop said:
Friar Tuck
Azeem
Will Scarlet
Sheriff of Nottingham
Robin Hood Crossbow

I've been searching ebay for quite some time and I have never come across any of the boxed vehicles/playsets in Canadian boxes. Does anybody know if they exhist??

Craig
Could you post some pictures of your Canadian collection. I'd like to see that. Maybe I should start both an American and Canadian collection. Were they available anywhere else?

G

There was also a second line planned, with a figure of Sean Connery/King Richard ! But this line was never released. You can see pictures of the figures on catalogs.

Reaction score
MacKillop said:
Friar Tuck
Azeem
Will Scarlet
Sheriff of Nottingham
Robin Hood Crossbow

Craig
Hi Craig,

I have the battlewagon in a Canadian box. I'll post reference pics in a bit.

-Mike
www.womprat.com

Reaction score
This is an older thread.

In 1992 when i stopped buying figures, I remember how a few items in this line had some serious demand. Mostly Friar Tuck. He was a tad hard to find in stores due to being removed from cases before being displayed. Nevertheless, it is a cool smallish line

I picked up an excellent conditioned Sherwood Forrest playset for my son. Actually, he saw it first at the clear market. Not bad for $10 even with the upper level capture net plastic holder and boulder missing. He calls it the "Ewok and Jawa House".

Reaction score
So I know this is an older thread, but I just bought this killer set on eBay. The Sword and Dagger are EXTREMELY rare, as in, I haven't seen them show up on my searches except for one other time. Apparently after Mom's groups got a hold of the sword for X-mas of 1991, they said it was such strong plastic that it could hurt other children lol. So the sword is extremely rare, let alone to still come with the dagger. The toy ended up on the FAO Schwartz warning list for the holidays and I guess Kenner yanked the production on it after a limited run.

I feel fortunate to have got it, but the bow and nerf arrows are another story all together. I can't wait to check out the bow and see what company it is, but apparently somebody made it Robin Hood style. Anybody know what company may have made that? I'm thinking it might have been a smaller one, like Arco or something, because I don't think it's Kenner, but it certainly is a cool toy I totally would have loved when I was a kid! I'm all about cool role play items in toy lines and these were really cool pieces to get, long live the hunt!

Reaction score
These Robin Hood toys were a very well made toy line
Agreed, even though they were somewhat kit-bashed from previous Kenner lines, I thought the Kevin Costner likeness was nailed and it's a very fun toy line to collect and can be had relatively easily and on the cheap for the most part.

Reaction score
Agreed, even though they were somewhat kit-bashed from previous Kenner lines, I thought the Kevin Costner likeness was nailed and it's a very fun toy line to collect and can be had relatively easily and on the cheap for the most part.
It was nailed on the 2nd version not the first.

Reaction score
If you guys follow Bobby_80s on Instagram, he got a sealed and loose set of the Sword and Dagger. The guy has a collection that is envious to behold, I've never see anything close to it as far as late 80s, early 90s goes. Owns an entire sealed set of Ghostbusters Ecto-Plazm with the store shipper display. Gives museum tours too, it's a remarkable collection.