Kenner Micro Collection Bespin.....got pics?

Reaction score
When I was a kid the Micro Collection was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

When my dad brought home the Freezing Chamber and "froze" Han Solo before my unbelieving 5 year old eyes, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. I honestly thought it was magic.

I'd love to get the complete Bespin World someday, but all the little parts are expensive, and time has not been kind to them. Or the stickers.

But who knows...maybe someday.

I have a very special request and I think you're just the people that can help me.

I've scoured the net and can't find the pic I want.

In all the pics, and even the official photos it seems, they configure the set with the Freeze Chamber at the center, and the gantry going one way, and the control room going the other way.

As a kid, I thought it was much cooler, and not to mention movie accurate, to remove the little "door" piece from the gantry and attach it to the Freeze chamber. Then the control room piece slides into that, and finally the gantry is the last piece where handless Luke hangs off the the pole while Vader beckons.

Does anyone have a pic of all the sets lined up in that configuration? If so, I'd really love to see it, for all those wonderful nostalgic feelings. I'd really appreciate it!

(You guys get what I'm saying right? At least those of you that own this magnificent toy do, right?)

Thanks guys!!

Reaction score
Duh.....there's one right here on rebelscum!!

But there's no figures on it. Anyway, this is the way I used to play with it.

Man, I really wish I still had this toy.

03.jpg

Reaction score
You can find them on ebay.... not the end of the world. They come up fairly often, complete , shouldn't set you back too much $$

Reaction score
Getting on complete is a little more rare and pricey of course. It took me a couple of years to complete mine through buying some cheaper lots and keeping the good stuff.

Reaction score
Even though these weren't quite as popular as a kid, I always loved setting them up. I wish they would've continued the line for a little longer. Especially the prototypes (maybe not so much the bacta tank) like the Emperor's Throne Room.

Reaction score
I agree, I got into these a teenager and would order them from the back of a magazine ad! I loved the little figures and playsets.

Reaction score
I was able to pick up the middle portion of what's pictured above - the collapsing window - for around $50 unopened at a toy show in November. Definitely on my list to complete this set. I loved Hasbro's outside-the-box thinking on this scale back then.

Reaction score
Kenner = Micro collection
Galoob = Micro machines. (now part of Hasbro)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Question: how tall are the little diecast figurines that came in the Micro Collection sets? Reason I ask is, I own the Battle Damaged TIE Fighter; which comes with a little diecast TIE Fighter Pilot. Would he be the same scale as the Micro Collection figurines; or different?

Reaction score
Question: how tall are the little diecast figurines that came in the Micro Collection sets? Reason I ask is, I own the Battle Damaged TIE Fighter; which comes with a little diecast TIE Fighter Pilot. Would he be the same scale as the Micro Collection figurines; or different?

they are the same scale for the playlets as well as the vehicle figures in the Kenner Micro Vintage line

Reaction score
they are the same scale for the playlets as well as the vehicle figures in the Kenner Micro Vintage line
I appreciate the help and am glad to hear it! I've been contemplating on going after the two Death Star sets; and wanted to display the TIE Pilot in with them; which wouldn't really work too good if the scale was different. Thanks for the clarification!