Kenner ESB offerless carded set

Reaction score
Hi there, last week I featured a quick limelight with the last Kenner ESB offerless carded figure I was looking for: the rare
ESB 31-back R5-D4

I've been collecting Kenner ESB carded figures since many years and I find that SW-reissues are much more appealing on ESB cards ; After having a collection made of different card backs & offers, I decided to upgrade to an offerless colection

As promised and requested, here's a picture showing the whole set.

I consider my set as complete because I managed to get all the cards from SW-reissues to ESB including some major figure variants (except Boba 21-back which I prefer that way and 4-LOM which is quite rare to find).

Completists may not find it fully complete since some variations are missing: han small head, yoda orange snake, lando smiling... However, I already have all those figures on several other cards so I still have plenty of time to catch them on opportunities.

Enjoy

Reaction score
ESB released figures have the most attractive packaging, by far!

Great looking set Stephane, congrats and thanks for sharing

Reaction score
Wow, congrats Stephane. Awesome looking set!

chiquetaba said:
Completists may not find it fully complete since some variations are missing
But I see you do have the illusive green limbs Chewie

Mattias

Reaction score
Mattias_Rendahl said:
But I see you do have the illusive green limbs Chewie
YES
, on a pristine card !

Assembling a set like this is not as easy as some could think, finding mint condition cards isn't that easy, and some offerless are also particularly scarce to find

Also to be mentionned, the regular C3PO (death star control room picture) comes from the Kellerman collection

I still have to upgrade the AT-AT commander, replace the offerless card w/ sticker to a clean offerless one, perhaps replace the 2 canadian cards with Kenner ones, and why not complete with missing variants (ie. white hair ben, small head solo...).

I also have a few other carded ESB with offers, that I have kept to have one of each.

Reaction score
congratulations on a awesome collection, i also focus on offerless esb and you have some excellent examples that make me jealous! the c3p0 removable limbs,powerdroid,r5d4, to name a few its nice to see figures like the pfferless death star droid i found this figure hard to get considering it hardly gets a mention when people are talking about hard to find offerless esb.
thanks for sharing

Reaction score
Wow!
Killer collection you have there. Im glad to see that you got the photo variations in there too. I tryed to get offerless on my esb run but in the end I got impatient (and broke). I have 50/50 offers / no offers. that is a great set you have!

Reaction score
Well, I really started in looking for ESB cards in 2002, it kept growing until 2005, my set was near complete and 50/50 composed of nice offerless cards (including a few hard-to-find) and different offer types.

Over 2006 I upgraded some cards which were not in decent condition, and I looked really hard in 2007 to get the missing offerless cards.

Most of the nicest cards were not bought on ebay but on direct transaction / trades with collectors as well as buying from Brians and CC, but my 2007 finds were almost exclusive to ebay auctions.

I had hard times finding an offerless Hammerhead, a decent Lobot & Greedo, C3PO removable limbs, Power Droid and of course R5-D4.

I was also lucky to find some rare ones (ie. R2D2, R2D2 sensorscope, Chewy green limbs...) on opportunities early in process when I wasn't especially looking for offerless, that's why I didn't had "hard times" finding them.

Reaction score
cocoFSTAR said:
ESB released figures have the most attractive packaging, by far!
Agreed! Great looking run, congratulations!!

-Jeff

Reaction score
Awesome looking run!

I've always been a big fan of the offerless cards -- gives you a nice full photo of the character.

Rob.

Reaction score
Choice set Stephane

Go on, hunt the 4 LOM example down, you know you want to

Great pics, thanks for the share.

marc

Reaction score
Phenomenal set! I can only admire runs like these as limited space forces me to mix up my MOC's so I have a little of everything I like represented.

Reaction score
Thanks ;) now that the set is truly complete with offerless, I'll find some time to update the overall picture :p

stephane

Reaction score
Thanks ;) now that the set is truly complete with offerless, I'll find some time to update the overall picture :p

stephane
Very cool set, Stephane. So you were able to find fully offerless for all of them, including Hoth Luke, AT-At Commander and the elusive 4-LOM? Popcorn in hand, brotha.

Reaction score
Yes Ross, all of them, including variants.

I left 4-LOM aside, the ESB offerless is not a Kenner U.S. card, so it's fair to consider it not part of the full set... maybe I'll get it someday if the price is right.

stephane

Last edited: