Kenner Canada coloring book

Reaction score
Having some fun with the pictures in a Kenner Canada coloring book I got a few weeks ago:

Enjoy!

Reaction score
The Canadian colouring books are definitley cool. Like you mentioned, the quality of the images vary greatly in each of the books. The images came from various sources such as promotional material as well as the Marvel comic book adaptation to name a couple, such as the 'Darth Minicranium' picture you showed:

Some were even used elsewhere such as the Playnts poster set.

But the best has to be the one colouring book with the images depicting the protoype second series Kenner action figures that appeared in the German catalogue including the Death Star Droid with the BG-J38 head, alternate versions of the Power Droid & R5-D4 and the Blue Snaggletooth (although technically, you could probably colour him any colour you wanted to
):

Reaction score
I recognized some of the pictures (even the bad ones) as having come from source material like photos - but I didn't catch that Marvel comics panel as the inspiration for the bad Vader - nice spot!

Also, that Walrus Man picture is AWESOME: He's hoisting a beverage (and from the 'splashes,' he's already maybe had a few) AND he's got his gun ready in his other hand. Fun for all ages!

Reaction score
JBooth said:
Also, that Walrus Man picture is AWESOME: He's hoisting a beverage (and from the 'splashes,' he's already maybe had a few) AND he's got his gun ready in his other hand. Fun for all ages!
Yeah, it would make for a nice PSA: Please don't drink and shoot

Reaction score
DarthZilla71 said:
It's all fun and games until somebody looses an arm!

Those coloring books are great, I like the fact that all of the cantina creatures are in them, here's a couple of walrus man ones from my collection:
prototype look
production figure look

-Mark
Hey, pretty sharp!

Have you also created different versions for the myriad POTF2 variations over the years too?

That would keep you busy for awhile.

Reaction score
Re: Kenner Canada coloring book (more pics!)

I added a few more of the goofier pages - not to say that I don't love 'em, of course

Get your crayons!

Reaction score
Scott_Bradley said:
DarthZilla71 said:
It's all fun and games until somebody looses an arm!

Those coloring books are great, I like the fact that all of the cantina creatures are in them, here's a couple of walrus man ones from my collection:
prototype look
production figure look

-Mark
Hey, pretty sharp!

Have you also created different versions for the myriad POTF2 variations over the years too?

That would keep you busy for awhile.
I'll make at least one with the POTF2 look if I ever get around to it

Reaction score
Those coloring books that show the prototype figures are some of the better items produced by non-Kenner companies that nevertheless have a Kenner connection.

Other good ones include the Birthday poster and those UK puzzles showing the figures. I was going to write an Archive article about material of this sort a while back...but of course I never did.

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. I realize I'm replying to a thread that hasn't seen any activity for almost nine years, but I'm hoping someone has some ideas about an interesting couple of Kenner Canada coloring books I recently bought. Both have the Chewbacca cover. One of them looks like a typical coloring book with regular paper pages and drawings in black. The other is very different and I can't find any information about it. It has two sets of pages that are stapled into the cover. The pages are more like wax paper than regular paper. And the drawings are all in blue. I attached a few photos:

Books like the same on the outside ...

Books look similar on the outside, but inside the odd copy ... waxy paper and blue line drawings:

You can see the spine of the two bunches of pages stapled into the middle:

Just for comparison, here's a page from the more typical book:

Does anyone have any ideas? I thought the book with the blue drawings could perhaps be a proof of sorts -- there is one page with some corrections mentioned for features missing on the Falcon -- but that's just a guess. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: