Keknivek's Custom Thread

Reaction score
Ok.... so I'm not advanced but I've always wanted to be more creative with customizing so I am going to start this thread and post a few things... maybe it will keep me going?
The first few are customs I purchased from fellow 'scummer @DarkKnight07 !! He posted on his thread also and his pics are better, but I really love these and hope to continue doing or commissioning more. I'll put the parts used for any that I know or can remember.

Reaction score
I wanted some humans in my cantina and skiffs so ...

Garouf Lafoe (from @DarkKnight07 )

1605800987417.png
I know the base figure was a Firespeeder Pilot! The pants and boots were pretty close to what he wore in the movie after some paint. The googles came from a GI Joe (Rise of Cobra) Desert Viper. I personally love the cloth vest... it's even better in person... it gives the character a little more life in my opinion.

Reaction score
Some Human Skiff Guards are next... (also @DarkKnight07 - thanks very much)

1605801237542.png
The Merc Pilot Skiff Guard has a Naboo helmet on and I'm not entirely sure what the rest is. I think I need to dirty him up a bit for a skiff guard as he's so clean!! I love the way he looks with the other guards so much though!
1605801264156.png
The final one I had done is Gailid. You may recognize the Young Han head and Rose Tico body, but they do blend in well with the Jango Fett pilot headpiece and custom holster. Details like the chin straps and little bit of black paint on headpiece make this awesome. He's short, but in the movie you barely see him and he looks like he might be rather short. He adds so much in my opinion, just having some human characters on that skiff!!

Go check out @DarkKnight07 's custom thread to see these in action.

Reaction score
Just wanted to add your pic here as well. I think this shows just how great these will look.
e2df672e-141b-41e7-9a5b-fc3ed485a4b9-png.368211

Reaction score
Starting my personal customs with one I did a few years ago. It's just a painted ( poorly ) Sora Bulq with a Yoda robe. It seems that he has a short coat of some sort on so it made sense to me.
Need to touch up some paint but serviceable. I think the Yoda robe is from the clone wars Yoda.
IMG_20201129_105058101.jpg

Reaction score
Another simple one. Wrapped the POTJ Ben Kenobi plastic robe around Momaw Nadon. Had to shave down his hump a bit in the back but then just super glue.
I said I wasn't great didn't I? But these are easy.
IMG_20201129_105219212.jpg

Reaction score
This one needs some paint to change the look from Tessek to jedi, but it's just a Qui Gon robe (you'll see the arms in the next pick ) and the key is the hood. I can't take full credit but I saw someone cut off Adi Galia's and use it like this so there you have it. Covers that lumpy head for a new look.
IMG_20201129_110120345.jpgIMG_20201129_110045628.jpg

Reaction score
First head swap I ever did. Qui Gon body (sans robe as mentioned) with Ackbar head. Also cut and glued Ackbar hands ... Which I also had never done before... And can barely hold that lightsaber 😊.
I actually like the dark arms under light look... makes it a bit different. Need to paint pretty much all of these but painting is daunting to me.
IMG_20201129_105507067.jpg.

Reaction score
Another boil and pop... Probably guessed Mace Windu body. Need to paint to finish. Simple and I'm adding to my jedi ranks quickly.
IMG_20201129_105855819.jpg

Reaction score
Head swap. Generic Weequay jedi. Qui Gon again. Like the stance. Very upright ... Very Weequay-like.
IMG_20201129_215718161.jpg

Reaction score
I lied... Needs paint to distinguish it, but Windu again and I think another Qui Gon cloak.
IMG_20201129_220126632.jpg

Reaction score
Looking at my group shot I feel like I wouldn't try to match all the different head colors, but make the skin you see on the neck/chest more of an 'undershirt white' or some other color. Anyone feel that is a mistake or would you not do that?

Not sure what to do with the Mas Amedda head... may abandon that as trying to paint the whole head seems out of my abilities.

Reaction score
I would paint the part of the torso that has flesh color that doesn't match. If that small patch was colored to match the tunic/cloth, it'd work okay too, it's just when the color is human fleshtone that there's a noticeable thing going on. Never underestimate your abilities, try some things even if you're not sure that it'll work. You'll be surprised as how they often work out just fine. Even the best painters and sculpters out there had to start at a point where they might not be great but you'll only get better with time and working on your skills.

Reaction score
I would paint the part of the torso that has flesh color that doesn't match. If that small patch was colored to match the tunic/cloth, it'd work okay too, it's just when the color is human fleshtone that there's a noticeable thing going on. Never underestimate your abilities, try some things even if you're not sure that it'll work. You'll be surprised as how they often work out just fine. Even the best painters and sculpters out there had to start at a point where they might not be great but you'll only get better with time and working on your skills.
Thanks for the encouragement. I plan on painting those flesh parts as they do stand out. These jedi were all done several years ago I just had never posted and hadn't taken them out in a long time. I think they'll look great with a little paint when they are mixed in with my other Geonosis Jedi.

Reaction score
Perhaps my favorite figure I own. Got the recipe from @CustomsfortheKid .
Created using the Endor Rebel Trooper from TVC and jacket from The Saga Collection. The key is the Grail Knight head from Indiana Jones. Fits like a glove!
No paint, no glue... love it.

1607024003106.png
The guy in back is the Saga Endor trooper with the TVC long jacket.... makes for 2 variations that are pretty fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great job! Definitely a must make figure for fans of ROTJ!
Absolutely!

The Grail Knight can be had for less than $20 and the TVC Endor Commando (the correct name on the package) is a bit more expensive but loose ones can be had for around $20... not a cheap custom if you don't have the figures already, but a great one.

Reaction score
I have something like ten grail knights. I kid you not. I don’t remember how I got them, but I’m always finding them lying around. I remember that they have weird silver chainmail helmets, which I didn’t think come off. Now I’m interested...!

Reaction score
I have something like ten grail knights. I kid you not. I don’t remember how I got them, but I’m always finding them lying around. I remember that they have weird silver chainmail helmets, which I didn’t think come off. Now I’m interested...!
The Chain mail on the head does not come off, but it's hidden under the helmet entirely. You gotta try it. It looks even better than the picture.

Reaction score
Very well done! Nik Sant has had an interesting evolution in recent years, with the epilogue of Rebels hinted at him being Captain Rex. Personally, I love the idea. It adds an extra bit of association to a random Rebel soldier character. Rex may not have witnessed the direct beginning of the Clone Wars with the Battle of Geonosis, but he was there to witness both the end of the Republic and be among those to end of the reign of the Empire.

Reaction score
You chose.......................................................................wisely. ;):) Looks good, I've only got one grail knight but I'm very tempted to do this finally.

Utinniii

Reaction score
You chose.......................................................................wisely. ;):) Looks good, I've only got one grail knight but I'm very tempted to do this finally.

Looks great. I think one can get 1-10 knights easily enough on Ebay.

Reaction score
He looks like Dooku, but not enough to bother me. If I used a Dooku, I’d know it were Dooku, and it would bother me...😜

Reaction score
Very well done! Nik Sant has had an interesting evolution in recent years, with the epilogue of Rebels hinted at him being Captain Rex. Personally, I love the idea. It adds an extra bit of association to a random Rebel soldier character. Rex may not have witnessed the direct beginning of the Clone Wars with the Battle of Geonosis, but he was there to witness both the end of the Republic and be among those to end of the reign of the Empire.
Not to stray too far from the topic but one of the Forces of Destiny short cartoons explicitly links Rex to Sant, with Sant having Rex's forearm armor on.

It took me a few months, but I made one of these! I used a basic Saga Endor Rebel Trooper. The Grail Knight works perfectly!
Looks excellent!

Reaction score
He looks like Dooku, but not enough to bother me. If I used a Dooku, I’d know it were Dooku, and it would bother me...😜
I agree!

I've seen a number of customs that people have done and if they look like Anakin or Obi Wan or any of the more recognizable actors.... I just can't.

More generic faces like Naboo Guards, Imperials, Endor troops.... those can be swapped pretty easily, but not heads like Dooku.... just doesn't work for me either without major mods.

Reaction score
IMG_20210430_190223125.jpgIMG_20210430_190026328.jpg
Decided to add to my ranks. Left is Major Pano with Clone head and Endor helmet. No paint glue or sculpting.

Right is General McQuarrie with pilot head ... Dak or Jansen not sure exactly ... The helmet is Cassian's with his head pried out of it. Hadn't seen anyone do that, but it's a passable Hoth helmet... There is a short peg? inside the helmet so will need to sand or Dremel that to make it fit the head but not bad and these just add some variety. No glue, no sculpt, no paint.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both looks pretty good to me, yeah, I know that McQuarrie figure well and his neckpeg is short, the actual head he comes with falls off a lot too, sort of begs for some swapping/experimenting. I'm jealous of the Panno figure as well, he's one I don't have. If anyone out there wants to sell/trade any extras, please let me know as I'd love to have a go at your creation.

Reaction score
So... the focus of my custom work looks to be 'what is easy'. The Nic Sant and the last couple troopers are just head swaps. I KNOW there was a list that someone started that had the sizes of the Ball joints in the heads to see which fit which bodies... ANYONE have that?
I saw it, so I know it exists.

Reaction score
Whoah—I’ve never come across this on here before! Great post! 🤩