Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm Deal Extended for Three Years

Reaction score
No it wouldn't. It merely accounts for SOME people not attending. Those that couldn't afford the few quid that the ticket cost...and THAT'S ALL.

It does not account for, in any way, the vast emptiness of cinemas the world over for 'Solo'.

People didn't go, largely, because they didn't want to go. It was something they could sit out and wait for on Netflix, or blu.

'Solo' was a mediocre film, that was a bad idea from the start, as evidenced by the muted reaction when it was announced, which received a less than stellar audience attendance, because it wasn't something that people were willing to go and see in the cinema in any great numbers.

It has nothing to do with "hate". But feel free to engage in hyperbole, if you wish.
"Vast emptiness of cinemas the world over"? Well at least you're not engaging in hyperbole.

Reaction score
"Vast emptiness of cinemas the world over"? Well at least you're not engaging in hyperbole.
There were common reports of a few filled seats all over the web. Even premieres wit a limited amount of people there. When I went to see it in an evening showing a day into its run, there were about 10 people in the audience.

For a Star Wars film.

I've never seen anything like that before.

Reaction score
I didn't like TLJ that's no secret here, but it did not stop me from watching Solo in Theaters. Nor did watching Infinity War weeks prior, amid so much competition people speak of. Not to mention my hesitation because of not having the real Han Solo, or not really even needing this movie. With so much going against it, i still went! That said I honestly could have waited for video, it was just that uninteresting to me. But it was a decent attempt, just not what I felt it should have been.

So I feel that word of mouth hurt this movie more than anything else, as it reinforced people opinions of it.

A for that recent article, I'm glad JJ passed if true. I don't have anymore faith in him than I do Kathleen.

Reaction score
Why? Because she's a woman??
You're sexist!!
No because he is bat sh#$$t crazy.

She was fired from Disney years ago and since then she has gone on a crusade and pushed insane conspiracy therories.

She was one of the big one pushing that James Gunn was a pedophile

She also claimed Disney pays reviewers to say DC movies are bad.

Oh and she also highly recommends Fan4stic

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL at the idea that no-one else wanted to be in charge of STAR WARS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No because he is bat sh#$$t crazy.

She was fired from Disney years ago and since then she has gone on a crusade and pushed insane conspiracy therories.

She was one of the big one pushing that James Gunn was a pedophile

She also claimed Disney pays reviewers to say DC movies are bad.

Oh and she also highly recommends Fan4stic
Wait...What??

Some people think you're bat sh#$$t crazy

YOU endorse insane conspiracy theories like Russian bots!

James Gunn IS a pedophile!

Disney DOES buy movie reviews.

YOU highly recommend TLJ

Reaction score
Wait...What??

Some people think you're bat sh#$$t crazy

YOU endorse insane conspiracy theories like Russian bots!

James Gunn IS a pedophile!

Disney DOES buy movie reviews.

YOU highly recommend TLJ
I hope your just trolling but how is James Gunn a pedophile?

You are claiming Disney buys BAD movie reviews?

What conspiracy theory with Russian bots do I endorse?

Reaction score
I hope your just trolling but how is James Gunn a pedophile?

You are claiming Disney buys BAD movie reviews?

What conspiracy theory with Russian bots do I endorse?

Dude, just ignore him.

It appears as if he's totally forgotten that he's in the thread about how Kathleen Kennedy was HIRED at the end of September instead of the one where he was saying that she was going to get fired at the end of September.

Reaction score
Grace comes through and shuts this pony show down with straightforward logic, reason and a level-headed sensibility.

She is neither the “fire Kathy and burn her at the stake!” juvenile mentality nor “Kathy is perfection and SW’s saviour!” blind-worshiping. Imagine that: Someone who’s unbiased and tells it like it is…

For anyone interested in logic and reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKoiVsKT38Q

Reaction score
Grace comes through and shuts this pony show down with straightforward logic, reason and a level-headed sensibility.

She is neither the “fire Kathy and burn her at the stake!” juvenile mentality nor “Kathy is perfection and SW’s saviour!” blind-worshiping. Imagine that: Someone who’s unbiased and tells it like it is…

For anyone interested in logic and reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKoiVsKT38Q
Unbiased? Are you kidding she was fired from Disney and since then has accused every reviewer who likes a Disney movie of being paid by Disney. Then she take sit further and goes after anyone who hated Batman V Superman claiming they are bought by Disney.

Her review of TFA is full of Men's Rights Activist talking points.

She actually tried to push the idea that no one in Hollywood wanted to be the head of star wars.

Just wrap your head around that. No one in Hollywood wanted to be the head of star wars.

If you think Grace has logic or reason you are greatly mistaken

Reaction score
^^^ I’m not familiar with Grace’s history with Disney, nor does her termination from that empirical corporation invalidate nor discredit her very professional line of thinking with this case. And that’s all I’m interested in, in regards to her view of Kathy’s extended tenure: Grace’s very level-headed observation of this particular case is refreshing and not immature/witless bashing.

I get that you adore everything Kathy touches so the impulse to dismiss/smear Grace is expected. And despite what you may genuinely believe, heading Lucasfilm that’s now a property of the (publicly-traded) Disney empire, is not as coveted a role for many high-profile creative individuals in the industry as many fans may believe. Types like Kathy whom are purely business and profit-driven, with little to no understanding of creativity, may just be the only ones willing to kill for this role. (The very fact that JJ, who is at best a strong, commercial advertising executive who knows how to repackage, recycle and remix old blockbuster properties and sell it as newish to the masses, is Kathy’s strongest partner, is more than revealing how uncreative and how hopelessly-corporate nuSW has devolved into under her short lead.)

Reaction score
^^^ I’m not familiar with Grace’s history with Disney, nor does her termination from that empirical corporation invalidate nor discredit her very professional line of thinking with this case. And that’s all I’m interested in, in regards to her view of Kathy’s extended tenure: Grace’s very level-headed observation of this particular case is refreshing and not immature/witless bashing.

I get that you adore everything Kathy touches so the impulse to dismiss/smear Grace is expected. And despite what you may genuinely believe, heading Lucasfilm that’s now a property of the (publicly-traded) Disney empire, is not as coveted a role for many high-profile creative individuals in the industry as many fans may believe. Types like Kathy whom are purely business and profit-driven, with little to no understanding of creativity, may just be the only ones willing to kill for this role. (The very fact that JJ, who is at best a strong, commercial advertising executive who knows how to repackage, recycle and remix old blockbuster properties and sell it as newish to the masses, is Kathy’s strongest partner, is more than revealing how uncreative and how hopelessly-corporate nuSW has devolved into under her short lead.)
you are really making some huge jumps in logic here.

very professional line of thinking with this case.
yeah she is not professional at all especially in that video you posted.

You just really like her video here because it confirms your bias. Her track record with scoops is awful.

Again she is claiming no one in all of hollywood wanted to run Star Wars. That should be a huge red flag to you.

The only scoops she does get right are those from WB, which of course WB is happy to find any critic that loves their movies.

She wasn't right about Deadpool as she suggested they make a PG13 version. She didn't claim fox would she suggested it. Which is still a bad idea. Now yes Fox is making a PG 13 version of Dead pool except its going to have a ton of new scenes. its not the same thing as what she suggested not predicted.

Big differnnce there.

It would be like me saying 5 years ago they should make a Mandalorian TV show and now saying "Yup look I have inside source because they are making one"

Predicting Dark Phoenix won't make theaters also isn't some incredible insight since we know Disney is buying Fox and Disney doesn't like what Fox did with the X-men series. not to mention Dark Phoenix looks awful.

As for James Gunn again she didn't have an inside source she just pushed the narative that he is a pedophile. Which is insane. It's also wasn't hard to guess that Disney was going to let him go after Rosane.

I get that you adore everything Kathy touches so the impulse to dismiss/smear Grace is expected
not even close kid

No need to smear Grace she has done it herself.
. And despite what you may genuinely believe, heading Lucasfilm that’s now a property of the (publicly-traded) Disney empire, is not as coveted a role for many high-profile creative individuals in the industry as many fans may believe.
yeah... that's complete BS

Types like Kathy whom are purely business and profit-driven
ummm that is every producer in hollywood. That is exactly what Disney wants. \

is Kathy’s strongest partner, is more than revealing how uncreative and how hopelessly-corporate nuSW has devolved into under her short lead.)
well it's clear you didn't read the old EU books. Let's not forget the first thing George Lucas autherized after ANH was the Holiday Special. Then came Droids, and the Ewoks cartoons and movies.

Reaction score
^^^ Oh dear… Isn’t John Campea notorious for being a nuSW/Disney shill...?????

well it's clear you didn't read the old EU books. Let's not forget the first thing George Lucas autherized after ANH was the Holiday Special. Then came Droids, and the Ewoks cartoons and movies.
Except none of that rubbish were ever part of George's feature films LOL So let’s not get it twisted and start dragging George. Whereas, with the sole exception of RO— The SW Special, Droids and Ewoks cartoon are the Sequel and Solo LOOOL

Fair enough and true that generally Hollywood producers’ main objective is to profit… it’s show “business”, after all. Just that not “every” Hollywood producer is as creatively-void as Kathy is with this Sequel in their pursuit of profit— all the while insincerely exploiting social/political grandstanding as a selling point. Harvey Weinstein may be a despicable person in many ways, but his Producer-credentials are respectable in how much he supports creativity. And no, I’m not supporting Grace (in this particular case) because her line of thinking in this particular case aligns with mine: I support her in this case because she makes common sense, and not thoughtless, emotion-driven bashing. Simple as that. (And because she has a strong point of view, that doesn’t make her bias… Everybody should have a point of view, and express that in an intelligent manner.)

Reaction score
^^^ Oh dear… Isn’t John Campea notorious for being a nuSW/Disney shill...?????

Except none of that rubbish were ever part of George's feature films LOL So let’s not get it twisted and start dragging George. Whereas, with the sole exception of RO— The SW Special, Droids and Ewoks cartoon are the Sequel and Solo LOOOL

Fair enough and true that generally Hollywood producers’ main objective is to profit… it’s show “business”, after all. Just that not “every” Hollywood producer is as creatively-void as Kathy is with this Sequel in their pursuit of profit— all the while insincerely exploiting social/political grandstanding as a selling point. Harvey Weinstein may be a despicable person in many ways, but his Producer-credentials are respectable in how much he supports creativity. And no, I’m not supporting Grace (in this particular case) because her line of thinking in this particular case aligns with mine: I support her in this case because she makes common sense, and not thoughtless, emotion-driven bashing. Simple as that. (And because she has a strong point of view, that doesn’t make her bias… Everybody should have a point of view, and express that in an intelligent manner.)
no he isn't a disney shill at all he has been very outspoken against Marvel Disney and even Star Wars.

But that doesn't fit your narative.

You are missing hte point about Lucas. He was more profit driven then KK ever was. His entire empire was built upon the mass selling of toys and everything they could slap a SW logo on.

You might not like the new movies and that is fine you don't have to. But to claim under Lucas that only perfection was produced is just willfully ignorant.

Hollywood producer is as creatively-void as Kathy is with this Sequel in their pursuit of profit
what is it that you think producers do?

— all the while insincerely exploiting social/political grandstanding as a selling point.
I'll bite. What social political grandstanding was used as a selling point?

Last edited: