Kabe and Nabrun Leids #71

Reaction score
Re: Kabe and Nabrun Leids

These 2 are better choices for repacks. I have them all though, so pass.

Reaction score

Great new paint, but not worth the hassle to buy duplicate sculpts.

Reaction score

The problem I'm going to have is just finding them, since I don't have a WalMart near me. And I kind of want these, Labria, and the Aurra Sing.

Reaction score

I don't have Kabe and that Nabrun Leids is a vast improvement, I like the silver a lot. I'll probably get these two.

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
I don't have Kabe and that Nabrun Leids is a vast improvement, I like the silver a lot. I'll probably get these two.
I agree. The silver looks good. And since I started collecting long after POTF2 ended, I don't have either of them.

Reaction score

I might get the two pack, but I'll wait for Villie for a Devorian.

Reaction score

Why repaint these aliens? They seem like a odd choice to me when Hasbro could concentrate on giving us new or badly needed resculpted characters like Dr Evazan!

Reaction score

Its cheaper. Plus yuk. These'll sell, but not to me.

Reaction score

When asked how they pick/decide which figures get repainted & repackaged, Hasbro's response went something along the lines of: "We look to see how the older sculpt in question fits in with todays line of figures". Well, WTF happened here??!!??!!
I can't believe that someone would have actually took a look at these statues and said "You know what? Yeah! These guys will go right in nice & seemlessly with all the stuff we have made recently". Come on, man. There HAD to have been SOMETHING better than these things out there, no? Oh well, I guess it's not all that big a deal really, considerring we are getting SO MANY extremely nice items, a few downers are inevitable.

Reaction score
The Labria cape SHOULD have been softgoods since it's a straight POTF2 repack in terms of articulation... I never thought I'd see the day when we went back to the basic 6pts.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Kabe and Nabrun Leids - #071

Kabe and Nabrun Leids aren't bad choices at all to re-release. Both fit extremely well with newer figures. I also love the metallic suit on Nabrun Leids. Nice choice for a 2pack.

Reaction score

I wanted Kabe and this repainted Nabrun, but they're Wal-Mart exclusives. So, I'm passing.

Sev

Reaction score

These figures should have been redone. Not some POTF2 repaints.

Reaction score

Kabe looks the same to me. What's different on her?

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
Why repaint these aliens? They seem like a odd choice to me when Hasbro could concentrate on giving us new or badly needed resculpted characters like Dr Evazan!
They are exclusives. I guess that's the main reason behind those being repaints.

GNT

Reaction score

NuteGunray said:
Kabe looks the same to me. What's different on her?
Nabrun Leids has a metallic jump suit. Kabe does appear to be more normal appearance when you compare Kabe to the older version. Kabe does look alittle better.

Reaction score

GNT said:
[quote
Nabrun Leids has a metallic jump suit...
Now this figure looks amazing! That jumpsuit is Killer! I was just think about how much better she would look now if repainted a few weeks ago.

Can't wait for this one. Very, very cool.

Any idea on the release dates on this last wave? It's this year, right? I also will HAVE to pick up Mace's droid. Apparently, Mace is the Prince of the Star War Universe. . . Who knew?

Reaction score

I have Labria and Leids,but Leids looks a bit better,and i dont have Kabe,so i think ill get it.

GNT

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
Any idea on the release dates on this last wave? It's this year, right?
Yeah the figures should be out later this year in around late October to November!

Reaction score

Need both of these, but I'd like to see a new Nabrum Leids made some day, but I'll definately be picking these to up.

Reaction score

Nabrun would be a WONDERFUL candidate for better articulation:

Ball jointed head
ball jointed shoulders
swivel elbows
swivel wrists
swivel hips
swivel waist
balljointed knees

He'd be the most articulated figure ever. I'm happy buying this newly painted version compared to the POTF2 version but think of the possibilites..

G

Blight said:
Nabrun would be a WONDERFUL candidate for better articulation
I respectfully disagree. Han Solo in Hoth Gear would be a wonderful candidate for better articulation; Princess Leia as Jabba's Slave would be a wonderful candidate for better articulation; Admiral Ackbar would be a wonderful candidate for better articulation.

But Nabrun Leids barely moved in the film. She stood upright at the bar and turned her head slightly. Mostly, she looked cool. And I think this figure looks cool. I thought it looked cool in 1998 when it was first released, and I think it looks even cooler now that it’s been repainted.

Blight said:
I'm happy buying this newly painted version compared to the POTF2 version but think of the possibilites…
I plan to buy one to outright replace the 1998 version I already have. I suppose there are always more creative possibilities (especially because this character has four arms), but the new paint scheme is quite an improvement. And it’s probably the best figure Nabrun Leids there will ever be.

Reaction score

Blight said:
He'd be the most articulated figure ever. I'm happy buying this newly painted version compared to the POTF2 version but think of the possibilites..
Second to FX-7, of course.

Reaction score

hell yes! more cantina aliens! first grasshopper boy, now devil dude, chipmunk guy, and love-shack alien! woohoo!!

Reaction score
Now, that Nabrun looks better than the first version. I think I'll get two of those two-packs. One for display, and one for customising.

Only question is, where's the love for Takeel? He's gotta feel left out. Give him "COMM*Tech Luke" legs, give him new hands, and you're good to go!

Reaction score
I don't think these two look bad at all, with the new paint apps, they don't even look very POTF2eey. Now the other guy in the pic is a whole other story.