K-2SO - #RO03

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
K-2SO (#RO-03) - Re-release of Red Line/Phase III #24 - in Phase IV packaging. Part of the Rogue One sub-line. Has screen accurate "white" eyes as opposed to the original reference "red" eyes.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, June 10th, at 1:00pm ET at Fan Channel retailers. On shelf Fall 2021. MSRP $22.99.

Press Images

Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-K-2-SO-RO-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder is there any change between this and original figure. Can't really improve it with photo real tech.
Perhaps they improved the plastic on the legs so it’ll hold up better? With a figure like this it’s nice for those who missed it 5 years ago, but I could see him dropping in price eventually so I’ll hold off and maybe grab him in the $13-15 range perhaps.

Reaction score
He mentioned that the Rogue One figs will be on fan channel sites? Is that BBTS?

Reaction score
I wasn't collecting when K-2SO was originally released. I haven't been collecting the RO line as a whole, but I think I want a couple of these to use as generic Imperial security droids in other settings.

Reaction score
I'm not able to find K-2SO on Best Buy, but I see all the other RO figures. Does anybody else see him on there?

Reaction score
Not sure how long he has been up but he is showing up as in stock on Gamestop's website and he has actually been marked down after of course receiving the Gamestop markup. Cart seems broken though.

Reaction score
I got my order from Gamestop today. His legs seem to be a little sturdier than the original release, and the arm joints are nice and tight. Other than that, they made no change in deco from the original, and no gun like the red-eyed release had. I was hoping for the eyes to have the "photo real" vertical lines like the last couple C-3PO figures. Oh well.

Reaction score
I got my order from Gamestop today. His legs seem to be a little sturdier than the original release, and the arm joints are nice and tight. Other than that, they made no change in deco from the original, and no gun like the red-eyed release had. I was hoping for the eyes to have the "photo real" vertical lines like the last couple C-3PO figures. Oh well.
Wow! That was fast. My DST per-order says November... Hello from Shaker Heights!

Reaction score
Interesting, the photos make it look like they added his faint darker "pupils" into the eyes, unlike the purely white eyes of the original. Is that not there in the final product?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Figure looks great. 1 thing, this is not K2. Hasbro made this same mistake with the initial figures years ago. K2 has silver rings at the top of the thighs, the other imperial security droids in the movie had the yellow rings. See the correct paint apps on the vintage collection figure.

Reaction score
Figure looks great. 1 thing, this is not K2. Hasbro made this same mistake with the initial figures years ago. K2 has silver rings at the top of the thighs, the other imperial security droids in the movie had the yellow rings. See the correct paint apps on the vintage collection figure.
Of course they made the same mistake, it’s Hasbro. Glad I didn’t bother preordering this and I’ll stick with the Bandai one I have.

Reaction score
Was hoping it would have had the pistol this time round.

I had the original, but it to a friend that really wanted it while I was more than happy with the Figuarts version. But wouldn't mind getting it again for my desk.

Maybe they fixed the gummy legs?

Reaction score
The legs were truly troublesome for such a great figure even for the old release.

Reaction score
I wish they fixed the paint color for the rings around the legs. I didn't even know they made that mistake until I checked it out after seeing TripleZero78's post.

Reaction score
New version on the right. Slightly brighter paint (especially the scratched metal) but other than that identical. Legs feel maybe slightly firmer but might be as I just got him in from the porch.

"Old" K-2 also took out half the garrison when I added him to my Imperial display, so I guess Cassians programming worked.

20211104_224148.jpg