Jyn Erso - Jedha

Reaction score
Looks like the same RO Jyn figure with maybe a new head. I'm not sure who they think would be interested in seeing this figure again - or Jyn for that matter.

Reaction score
Looks like the same RO Jyn figure with maybe a new head. I'm not sure who they think would be interested in seeing this figure again - or Jyn for that matter.
Not seeing anything really different that makes it worth getting it again. Definite pass for me.

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. Baze and Chirrut too. I just can't see plunking down full prices for re-releases when i scored all at bargain prices. The Force Link gimmick might be ok, don't have it yet myself, but its not worth rebuying figures with little to no new tooling or updates for.

Reaction score
This is an odd move for Hasbro. This figure was released solo, with the AT-ACT, in the Jedha revolt 4-pack, and now solo again. Perhaps it will include all of the memorable lines from the trailer that were not in the movie :p

Reaction score
Rey was HTF during the initial TFA launch, so they oversaturated with Jyn, and apparently are under the impression that the demand remains. I don't think the ForceLink gimmick will move this figure, and the last thing we need in the second wave of TLJ figures is a guaranteed pegwarmer. This slot would have been much better with a Rebels character.

Reaction score
So, at hasbrocon, did Hasbro give any indication when this wave should be available? Seems like different reputable online sites have varying eta's from Sept to dec.

Reaction score
Hasbro counting on parents being fairly ignorant of what their kid's collection is comprised of and kids going "mom! dad! This one talks!".

Reaction score
Rey was HTF during the initial TFA launch, so they oversaturated with Jyn, and apparently are under the impression that the demand remains. I don't think the ForceLink gimmick will move this figure, and the last thing we need in the second wave of TLJ figures is a guaranteed pegwarmer. This slot would have been much better with a Rebels character.
Apparently they don't understand that Rey and jyn are not Tue same at all....one is a charismatic character that people like despite her being a Mary sue...the other is just a sour character that just sort of exists....and gives lame motivational speeches.

Reaction score
I mean just generally speaking I feel like Rey just "hit" a lot better with general audiences than Jyn did. All from personal experience but most people I know who say Force Awakens, Star Wars fan or not, liked Rey. On the other hand those same people had issues even remembering the Rogue One characters' names.

GNT

Reaction score
There's more young girls/women dressed as Rey than Jyn at conventions/Sw events etc. Hasbro needs to keep the main characters constantly on the shelves so if a little kid goes by it's an instantly recognisable character. As a collector, I'll just pass on multiples unless there's a big change.

Reaction score
Looking back, I think Hasbro must regret LucasFilm's decision of cutting Jyn out of the battle on the beach, and therefore, leaving her with only one major action scene that doesn't consist of being protected by someone else. Perhaps Jyn could have been a lot more popular if she stole the DS plans AND fought in the battle (as originally intended).

Reaction score
Like! ^

Yep, she just wasn't as personable as Rey. I guess that was her character. But if you want audiences to like someone, make them compelling at least.
I get that this was the dark days and all, but they needed someone with optimism. But everyone was doom and gloom and down & out feeling.
She was no Luke, ready to take on the whole Galaxy with eagerness!

Reaction score
Like! ^

Yep, she just wasn't as personable as Rey. I guess that was her character. But if you want audiences to like someone, make them compelling at least.
I get that this was the dark days and all, but they needed someone with optimism. But everyone was doom and gloom and down & out feeling.
She was no Luke, ready to take on the whole Galaxy with eagerness!
I found the character building lacking in RO. They could have easily made her charismatic and likeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I found the character building lacking in RO. They could have easily made her charismatic and likeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, Han was a pessimist in terms the rebellion...yet he was charismatic.

Had the movie been made ten years earlier she might have been borderline emo...lol.

Reaction score
Replace her with Fenn Rau, and I'd be a happy man.

Reaction score
I'll be getting her and the Rogue One 2 pack simply because they have force link. I need to have the talking version if it exists.

Reaction score
Not only do we have plenty of Jyn figures, I don't see the need for a figure of her as a child. Ever since TFA and the movie-a-year plan, there's simply no way we're getting every character, especially one from a flashback scene that isn't action oriented. The same goes for her parents in their farm outfits - unnecessary in my opinion. Some figures / characters lean toward the boring side, and aren't viable with the type of basic figure line(s) we have now.

Reaction score
We're going to be drowning in Jyn's for years. She's a completely forgettable character. Describe her personality....scowls a lot???

Reaction score
Not only do we have plenty of Jyn figures, I don't see the need for a figure of her as a child. Ever since TFA and the movie-a-year plan, there's simply no way we're getting every character, especially one from a flashback scene that isn't action oriented. The same goes for her parents in their farm outfits - unnecessary in my opinion. Some figures / characters lean toward the boring side, and aren't viable with the type of basic figure line(s) we have now.
but if we are forced to have a Jyn in this line I would have preferred a new version.