Jyn Erso in Imperial Ground Crew Disguise

Reaction score
Ok, so I cut out the visor on mine. Not too difficult, just a bit fiddly.

Reaction score
That looks great mate.

Might try that when I end up finding her.

Did you just use a stanley knife?
Thanks. Yes exactly, I used a Stanley with a sharp new blade.

The helmet is quite rubbery so its a bit tricky. Someone else recommended popping it in the freezer for a couple of minutes which makes the material harder and easier to cut through. That worked a treat!

Reaction score
Bought this because despite not being a completionist, my Walmart only had one and with the spotty distribution, I figured I may not see this again. Being as what becomes of Jyn in the film, I'm honestly probably just leaving the helmet on and using her in a diorama or something as an extra ground crew officer.

Reaction score
I just can't find this figure or others in this wave in my area. Since Walmart was selling the Black Series Jyn for less than $6, I decided to get it (I already have one of her) and use its head to swap with the Imperial Ground Crew just to see if it would work. I like the BS Jyn's head the most since it has the best paint details of her face.

It's a tight fit -- the neck ball joint of the Ground Crew figure is a little larger than the socket of the Jyn head. I suppose the ball joint can be carefully shaved down a little, but it still can fit into the head socket if you gently force it. Maybe later I'll paint her gloves and boots brown.

Reaction score
I just can't find this figure or others in this wave in my area. Since Walmart was selling the Black Series Jyn for less than $6, I decided to get it (I already have one of her) and use its head to swap with the Imperial Ground Crew just to see if it would work. I like the BS Jyn's head the most since it has the best paint details of her face.
That looks amazing! Does the Black Series head work as well on the "Jyn in Disguise" figure??

Reaction score
No, it doesn't, unless you either make the head hole bigger or the neck peg smaller.

Reaction score
Yeah I have been kit bashing Jyn in disguise from my SA version and my standard Imperial ground crew figure and my SA Jyns head hoel is starting to get bored/ wallowed out from swapping them back and forth and is starting to get loose on my SA Jyns body. Just an FYI to watch out for. I have Jyn SA extras put back to iopen later as this one wears out anmyway but if you only have one or had trouble finding her her you should keep this in mind.

Reaction score
I wonder if they will correct the Imp logo on her and Bodhi in future releases.

Reaction score
Customized: Black Series Jyn head on Imperial Ground Crew figure

The colors used:

TESTORS: Flat Olive (1165); Gloss Brown (1140); Gloss Cream (1116)

I dulled the glossiness of the brown paint. After the paint was fully dried, I wiped the boots rigorously with a napkin made of recycled paper. (The Starbucks brown napkins are good for this.)

Now, of course, this customization is costs more money compared to just buying the official figure. But I was just bored, still can't find the official figure in stores near me, and there are lots of Black Series Jyns at my local Walmarts for sale for less than $6. So why not I figured lol

In the next post, I go into detail as to how I made the face of Jyn look more like the way Felicity Jones' make-up looked in the movie.

Reaction score
Applying "make-up" to the Black Series Jyn head

The head of the Black Series Jyn has the most paint details for her face compared to the other 3.75" figure versions of the character. But what's missing is the eyeliner that runs below her eyes. In the movie, Felicity Jones also has a bit of smudging from the inside of her eyes where they meet her nose that gives her a subtle "panda eyes"/gothy look. She also has subtle blushing to bring her upper cheeks and tip of her nose out.

What you'll need is a black permanent marker with a fine tip. (I used a Sharpie marker with ultra fine tip). A pink highlighter. And an anti-static cleaning cloth. (It must be anti-static.)

1. First, with the black marker, draw a very short line/dab on the bottom, outer edge of each eye. Get as close to the white of the eye as you can. Then take the anti-static cloth, press down, and wipe the ink away from the face but angled up toward the eye. Keep doing this (draw/dab ink onto this spot, wipe) until you get a good looking dark smudging below the outer parts of each eye.

2. Next, draw a black line along the bottom of each eye, starting from the inside (from her nose), and run it along as close as possible to the white of her eye, until this line meets the smudging you made in step 1. Then take the anti-static cloth, press down hard at the beginning of the line (from her nose), and wipe along the line -- out away from her face but also angled up toward her eye. Keep doing this (draw/dab ink along this eye line) until you get the desired smudging.

Don't worry if you make a mistake. You can just keep wiping with the anti-static rag until the ink is wiped off or fades. This helps to blend it in, thus, creating the desired panda eyes look. Whenever you wipe, remember to wipe the ink away from her face and up toward her eye. Of course, it's best to start drawing thinly -- you can always add more ink, after all. But if it looks like you've added too much, again, don't panic. Just use the cloth to keep wiping the ink away from her face and up toward her eye, and most of the ink should eventually come off and the rest will blend in.

What this smudging should do is help bring out the eyes of this figure's head.

3. Using the pink highlighter, draw a line along the bridge of her nose, starting at the tip. Then take the anti-static cloth and polish this line. You don't want to wipe this as hard as the black lines below the eyes. You just want to blend it in and bring out the tip of her nose. Keep applying the pink highlighter on the nose until you get a subtle blush along her nose.

4. Using the pink highlighter, do the same to the bottom of her nose. Draw a "V" below each eye, and wipe up toward the eye. (You want the transition of the blushing on her cheeks to the gothy smudge below her eyes to be natural looking, subtle.) And draw a spiral/circle on her forehead and polish that.

The overall effect you want is to add a hint of pink to these areas.

Remember: it's all about subtlety. You don't want to overdo either the dark smudging or the pink/blushing. Start with small amounts of ink, wipe/polish, hold the figure at arm's length and ask yourself if it looks good, then add a little more ink and wipe/polish, repeat, slowly, patiently, until you get the right look. Pretend you are putting make-up on an actual woman. Start lightly and carefully add more when needed.

5. You can also use the black marker to run some lines along her hair, to help bring out notable sections of the hairlines. Draw lightly, and wipe down from the top of the head. I would suggest not drawing many lines in her hair, though.

When you look at the face up-close after you've enhanced it with all this ink, you will see imperfections. But that's normal for a figure that is this small in size scale. What matters is how she appears when you hold the figure in your hand and look at her face from a normal, comfortable distance from your eyes. And how the face appears when the figure is standing on display, and how it looks when you take pictures of it.

I've embedded various images of Felicity Jones from the movie that I used as reference for this. Look closely at the make-up around her eyes, and the very subtle blushing on the nose (tip, bridge, below), cheeks and forehead.

Reaction score
The head of the Black Series Jyn has the most paint details for her face compared to the other 3.75" figure versions of the character. But what's missing is the eyeliner that runs below her eyes. In the movie, Felicity Jones also has a bit of smudging from the inside of her eyes where they meet her nose that gives her a subtle "panda eyes"/gothy look. She also has subtle blushing to bring her upper cheeks and tip of her nose out.

What you'll need is a black permanent marker with a fine tip. (I used a Sharpie marker with ultra fine tip). A pink highlighter. And an anti-static cleaning cloth. (It must be anti-static.)

1. First, with the black marker, draw a very short line/dab on the bottom, outer edge of each eye. Get as close to the white of the eye as you can. Then take the anti-static cloth, press down, and wipe the ink away from the face but angled up toward the eye. Keep doing this (draw/dab ink onto this spot, wipe) until you get a good looking dark smudging below the outer parts of each eye.

2. Next, draw a black line along the bottom of each eye, starting from the inside (from her nose), and run it along as close as possible to the white of her eye, until this line meets the smudging you made in step 1. Then take the anti-static cloth, press down hard at the beginning of the line (from her nose), and wipe along the line -- out away from her face but also angled up toward her eye. Keep doing this (draw/dab ink along this eye line) until you get the desired smudging.

Don't worry if you make a mistake. You can just keep wiping with the anti-static rag until the ink is wiped off or fades. This helps to blend it in, thus, creating the desired panda eyes look. Whenever you wipe, remember to wipe the ink away from her face and up toward her eye. Of course, it's best to start drawing thinly -- you can always add more ink, after all. But if it looks like you've added too much, again, don't panic. Just use the cloth to keep wiping the ink away from her face and up toward her eye, and most of the ink should eventually come off and the rest will blend in.

What this smudging should do is help bring out the eyes of this figure's head.

3. Using the pink highlighter, draw a line along the bridge of her nose, starting at the tip. Then take the anti-static cloth and polish this line. You don't want to wipe this as hard as the black lines below the eyes. You just want to blend it in and bring out the tip of her nose. Keep applying the pink highlighter on the nose until you get a subtle blush along her nose.

4. Using the pink highlighter, do the same to the bottom of her nose. Draw a "V" below each eye, and wipe up toward the eye. (You want the transition of the blushing on her cheeks to the gothy smudge below her eyes to be natural looking, subtle.) And draw a spiral/circle on her forehead and polish that.

The overall effect you want is to add a hint of pink to these areas.

Remember: it's all about subtlety. You don't want to overdo either the dark smudging or the pink/blushing. Start with small amounts of ink, wipe/polish, hold the figure at arm's length and ask yourself if it looks good, then add a little more ink and wipe/polish, repeat, slowly, patiently, until you get the right look. Pretend you are putting make-up on an actual woman. Start lightly and carefully add more when needed.

5. You can also use the black marker to run some lines along her hair, to help bring out notable sections of the hairlines. Draw lightly, and wipe down from the top of the head. I would suggest not drawing many lines in her hair, though.

When you look at the face up-close after you've enhanced it with all this ink, you will see imperfections. But that's normal for a figure that is this small in size scale. What matters is how she appears when you hold the figure in your hand and look at her face from a normal, comfortable distance from your eyes. And how the face appears when the figure is standing on display, and how it looks when you take pictures of it.

I've embedded various images of Felicity Jones from the movie that I used as reference for this. Look closely at the make-up around her eyes, and the very subtle blushing on the nose (tip, bridge, below), cheeks and forehead.

Hey good job, that looks pretty cool. I love her make up in the movie but expecting Hasbro to make a perfect likeness these days is like asking for the world

Reaction score
FINALLY found this figure at Kroger Market. It was the the only figure from the wave left.

Reaction score
Put the helmet in the freezer for a few minutes, then cut the visor out using a very sharp scalpel or Stanley Blade.

Reaction score
Put the helmet in the freezer for a few minutes, then cut the visor out using a very sharp scalpel or Stanley Blade.
Cool, thanks. My blade wasn't super sharp, so the edges are a little​ bit rough. But it's not bad. :)

Reaction score
My wife found these in a discount shop where we live. She noticed that there were two different names on the cards. I did a little digging, and after a scan of this thread, I didn't see any mention of it. The photo archive here at Rebelscum says that this version exists, but "they'll get back to it when they have more info."

I just thought I'd post some photos in case this isn't common knowledge. (it could be. I don't collect, or really like 5PoA. So, I don't follow it too closely.)

front

back

detail. notice this sticks are in a different location than on the "Sergeant" card.

detail of the original release.

Reaction score
Its a running change, sometimes referred to as a variant as well. Occasionally, Hasbro will make corrections or fix something for aesthetic / packaging reasons.

Reaction score
I watched this movie again now that Disney+ is online. RO really does hold up well. I never much enjoy this movie.